If Only I Had Known

If Only I Had Known

A Chapter by TheBlueJay

You said goodbye, but don’t you know you were not alone. Had you called, I would have written you a new life. I would have taken your hand and reminded you of life. I would have taught you how to weave sunshine, so on days when the clouds were grey, you could have made a new sun. Had you called I would have helped you turn to a leaf so that you could dance in the wind. Had I known I would not have hung up that day after you said goodbye, one last time. One last goodbye. I would have talked and we could have sung. Silly songs, the ones that made you smile. Even though you know I can’t sing we could have sung all the songs. Oh, if only I would have known, then maybe I wouldn’t be staring at you now. But it’s not you. There is no blood, there is no breath, there is no light, there is no YOU. I want You back! I want the way your eyes would light up. I want the way you would laugh at the rain, how you would run outside and dance. I don’t want this vessel, this thing dressed up in nice clothing lying lifeless in front of me. It isn’t you. I want You. So I wish that you would have told me and I wish that I could have stopped you.



© 2018 TheBlueJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on April 26, 2018
Last Updated on April 26, 2018


Author

TheBlueJay
TheBlueJay

About
Just another writer. more..

Writing
Perfect Perfect

A Chapter by TheBlueJay


Just Dying Just Dying

A Chapter by TheBlueJay