Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by TheConjuringCat

"

Benvolio," I said, leaning to my friend's ear. "That girl on stage. Who is she?"

He looked up at the stage and smiled. "In the white skirt? Dark hair?" I nodded. "Her name is Analina von Klein. She's from Dusseldorf, in Germany. Been with the company for three years now."

I craned my neck, following her movements across the stage.

"She's quite like you, Wolfy," Benvolio continued. "People say she's a genius. Only fourteen and been performing professionally for five years. And not the stage furniture or in the background, either. Real professional dancing!"

Only fourteen? Why, that made her but a mere two years younger than I!

My friend laughed. "Where you thinking on calling on her, Wolfy?" He raised his eyebrows, further insinuating what he was getting at.

I blushed dark red, slapping his shoulder with the back of my hand. "You Italians are such pigs, Benvolio!"

He just laughed, tossing his head back. "You'd better hurry! You're little bird is flying away!" He pointed at the stage, where Analina was talking with one of the male principal dancers as they walked off stage.

Benvolio pushed me towards the edge of the orchestra pit. I glared at him over my shoulder, but he was already flouncing away to do Lord knows what. I rolled my eyes and walked up the little stairs to the stage.

Analina was sitting by the rosin box in the wings, taking of her Pointe shoes.

"That was a lovely jump on the crescendo towards the end, miss." I blurt out, surprising even myself. "The music was beautiful. The musician did a splendid job."

She smiled, sitting up straight on the little stool she sat on. "Thank you, sir. You're too kind." She gestured to the violin in my hands. "Do you play?"

I nodded, feeling a littel blush creep up my shirt collar.

"I'd be honored if you'd play for my rehersal tomorrow. Do you have the sheet music for "La Folia" by chance?" asked she.

You little German coquet.I thought. But really, I was glad for it. In exchange for my musical ability, I'd forfeited all social grace. Genius, though I supposedly was, I was the most awkward person on the planet.

"I do, actually. Thank you, miss. Thank you very much!" It felt good to actually be invited to play for someone, not to be told who to play for and when.

"Tomorrow at noon, then?"

I nodded eagerly.

"What did you say your name was again?" She asked.

"Amadeus." answered I, a little smile tugging at my lips. "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart."



© 2011 TheConjuringCat


Author's Note

TheConjuringCat
I know his first name is Wolfgang, but I'm going to call him Amadeus, 'kay? It fits better for the story.
"La Folia" is a violin piece by Arcangelo Corelli. I'm trying to keep everything as historically accurate, so I looked up composers from the Baroque Era, things that Mozart would have really listened to and that could be danced to and I came across Corelli, who is my new favorite compser. If you've never heard of him before, look him up. I highly recomend his music, especially "La Folia" :)
Thank you guys for reading and please tell me what you thought!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I. LOVE. YOU. This is AMAZING! I love it so far... So, are you just writing a story about him? And, your writing skills are inexplicably-- I'm incapable to even explain how I feel about your grammar or anything! I love it, Mozart is one of my favorites. And, Baroque; even modern Baroque is the best type of music ever. :) Love yah!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Being a floutist (Player of the flute) I love Mozart! He's epic! Can't wait for more of this book girly :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!!!! MOZART!!!!! YES!!! ^.^

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
3 Reviews
Added on September 3, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2011


Author

TheConjuringCat
TheConjuringCat

Asguard



About
Things you should know about me: I was a classical ballet dancer, but was forced to quit because of anorexia. I'm very artsy and love art and music. I'm Christian. I know English, Latin, America.. more..

Writing