Chapter Two Part One

Chapter Two Part One

A Chapter by TheConjuringCat

I shifted nervously in my seat in front of the theater, tuning the strings of my violin.

“Ah, there you are, Herr Mozart!”

I stood, smiling at Analina. She leaned against the back of the bottom of the stage, crossing one ankle over the other. “Where is your music?” she asked, noticing I had neither a music stand, nor musical score.

I tapped the side of my head. “All in here. I have it memorized.”

“Memorized? You truly must be a genius like they say!” replied Analina, chuckling.

“I just write down the music I hear in my head.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

I hated that word “genius.” It sounds like a disease. People think that it is a good thing to have this disease, I suppose, and sometimes it is. But it is usually quite lonely. Every mind works differently, but I believe those of my standing have minds that either work too well or don’t work at all! To them, it’s odd I can memorize a song I’ve heard but once and play it without music. But, to me, it seems odd they cannot.

Analina looked at me, her arms folded across her chest, her head cocked. She was young, indeed. Her eyes were happy, the very same color as the black tea my mother drinks. Pale skin stood in contrast to dark honey colored hair, tied up in a tight, flat bun on the back of her head, a few loose curls framing her thin face.

“Is it all that odd?” I asked after a short pause.

“No,” she answered, smiling. “It’s not. You know, Herr Mozart, I do believe we could be good friends in-”

“Analina!”

Analina’s head turned to the stage. “Yes, Frauline?”

“Come up here, girl, and let’s get started.” the voice said.

“Frauline Spektor,” Analina said, turning back to me. “My ballet instructor. Like a second mother to me. I have just a pas de duex and a solo, then “La Folia,” alright? There’s a chair for you up at the top of the stairs when you play.” And she disappeared up the stairs to the stage.

I sat back down in my seat at the end of the row as Frauline Spektor gave rapid instructions, all in French. She was a petite woman in a black dress and a long blonde braid running down her back. She leaned so heavily on her cane I wondered how it was possible she taught ballet, but every now and then she would tap the sleek black cane against Analina’s arm or back or leg and make corrections as she warmed up at the bar.

“Deeper plie, Ann.”

“Better, good.”

“Breathe, Ann. You’re a dancer, not a statue. Breathe! From the diaphragm, not the chest!”

“Shoulders down!”

The dancer Analina had been talking to yesterday ran on stage and joined her at the barr.



© 2011 TheConjuringCat


Author's Note

TheConjuringCat
Part one, at least. I've been SUPER busy with dance lately, as I'm taking eight classes, plus Nutcracker rehersals and Company rehersals. And I'm still in school, so there's homework and everything. So, yeah. Please tell me what you think and thank you for reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I personally think that this is a GREAT fresh take on Mozart. I love the character you've given him! Definitely interesting and definitely awesome. A mix of Mozart, ballet and music? Lovely. Absolutely lovely (no sarcasm intended). :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on September 17, 2011
Last Updated on September 17, 2011


Author

TheConjuringCat
TheConjuringCat

Asguard



About
Things you should know about me: I was a classical ballet dancer, but was forced to quit because of anorexia. I'm very artsy and love art and music. I'm Christian. I know English, Latin, America.. more..

Writing