Chapter 1 - Hogwarts at last

Chapter 1 - Hogwarts at last

A Chapter by TheDarkCryLove

Many years had passed since the battle at Hogwarts and the fall of Lord Voldemort, and times where peaceful once more. And this was the greatest day of them all as it was the day I, James Serius Potter, faced the wall between platform 9¾, but then I froze.

my father was the legendary Harry Potter, the chosen one, how could I ever hope to be somebody if I was already ‘the chosen ones son’ this year is going to be a nightmare, mother told me allot about Hogwarts and its lessons, but I think she sugar coated it a bit as my holy uncle gorge only told me of the boredom and dullness there is in a school, even with magic. I wanted to run, run back home, I was nobody I was just a kid who didn’t want to go to this strange school and have to follow in my father’s footsteps, it wasn’t fair!

But before I could even turn around and try to run, a hand clasped my shoulder. As I followed the hand up the arm I saw the face of my father baring a smile “don’t worry James, you will do fine” and with the gentlest of nudges I found I had begun to run, my heart racing inside, pounding like drums as the wheels of my trolley rattled along the tiled floor, my eyes widened in horror as I was inches from the wall, seconds from colliding in humiliation, but then, then a heavy musk filled my nose, a damp feeling touched my skin and all went ajar. And there I was, standing on platform 9¾ with the bustle of thousands of children saying goodbye to their parents and getting ready to board the Hogwarts express.

Even after all these years they still kept the same magical train, although it had been re painted many times the signs of a large scratch down one side of the train was still there, from when the death eater lifted It without a single drop of sweat, magic could be… petrifying. I shuddered, but not at that thought, it was the feeling of people coming from the wall behind me, first it was my father, then my younger brother Albus and lastly my mother holding little Lily’s hand tight in her own, she seemed more petrified then I did “mama, why are they staring at us?” with those words from Lily I froze, of course they would be staring, my father was Harry Potter after all, it was just humiliating.

the next moment I found my face crashing into the cold ground as a snide little voice said “not afraid now, are we potter?” but the boy on top of me was smiling not from glee of torturing me, well maybe a little bit of glee, but more of a sincere smile “Scorpius!” I think this was the happiest I had been all day, seeing my old friend Scorpius Malfoy, he got up of his feet and dusted himself of before eventually extending his arm for me “it’s good to see you Potter” as I finally got back to my feet I could see Scorpius’ parents ominously drift through the crowds, they were true Slitherins, but I was to occupied with seeing my old friend “thank god I’m not going into Hogwarts alone” I let out a sigh of relief, which was followed by a thump on the back of my head.

 I turned to see my mother had been the one to do it, but she was smiling. I could imagine her scaring the death eaters when she was younger, yet her voice was always honey soft “Ron, Hermione” she smiled and did a little half courtesy as my uncle and aunt walked towards is, unlike the Malfoys, Ron always had a dopey yet charming and cheer full attitude and Hermione was the exact opposite yet still friendly. “What was that for?!” I said while rubbing the back of my head, it didn’t hurt but it was a bit of a habit, yet again mothers honey soft voice floated around me “you are also going to school with rose, Kames, I don’t want you to forget her” forget her, how was that even possible when she was always the little ‘know it all’

Never the less it was going to be a fun year for the both of them, for me on the other hand… before I could finish my though father plopped Hedwig, my little white owl, into my arms as it let out a little flutter, and he carried my things onto the train. Well I say carried, he flicked his wand as the cases rose into the air and slid inside the tiny train door, and I found mother crushing me under her hug “good luck James, remember to write soon, don’t forget to brush your teeth everyday…” the list continued on and on “Mom! Stop it you embarrassing me!” I moaned as I turned away, kicking little pebbles and trying to ignore Scorpius’ and Rose’s Laughs.

Simultaneously all three of use where pushed, nudged and told to go forward as the train was about to leave. As rose and Scorpius stepped onto the train I turned to see my family one last time, yet again the wind was knocked out of me today as Lilly ran and hugged me giving a firm demand “don’t do anything silly like daddy James!” and with that last spout she ran back, I stepped on the train and found the others, Scorpius was bragging to rose about his wand and why it was better, and rose was arguing back with a list of facts. This is going to be an interesting year.

And so I sat there in the cabin of the Hogwarts express, the steam bellowing out of the trains chimney in plumes of dazzling white smoke, Scorpius and Rose bickering constantly in the background while I stare out the frosted window, looking at the farmers and there cattle with envy for their normal lives, a life where they have no great expectations seen upon them, where they don’t have to follow in a hero’s shadow as the trolley lady came by screaming above the noise “chocolate frogs and twizzle snappers! broom sticks and jelly beans!” and she halted by our door “anything from the trolley?” she asked, her voice squawky and high pitched like the way muggles often thought of witches, after tails of his family of the thousand flavoured beans I decided not to go down that road “a chocolate frog please” I wasn’t very hungry, more nervous and hoping something sweet would calm my butterflies, after she handed me the little box and took my money she soon walked off with her voice screeching through the train.

I always loved chocolate frogs, they were never in my sight long enough to run away unless I decided to play with them and watch them hop about my room causing a catastrophic mess, and I picked up the magicians card thinking Albus, my younger brother would want it as he collected them, as father said ‘so fitting of his name as professor Dumbledore always loved them’ but on this card was the one person I didn’t want to be reminded of, the card red “Harry Potter, The Chosen One” and before I even realised I had done it, the card was scrunched in my hand as Scorpius and Rose both gave me a funny look.

I was surprised to hear rose ask the question before Scorpius “are you ok James?”  no, I wasn’t ok, I felt sick to the bone, I can’t do this, I can’t be a hero but I had to reply “yeah I’m fine” it was a lie and they could see it, I was usually a brilliant liar but they saw through me, Scorpius was the one who spoke this time “don’t go crying on me potter!” his voice was teasing and mocking, but it wasn’t snide “don’t worry, every first year gets nervous” rose put a statement forward to agree with Scorpius for once “it’s true, I’m so nervous these school gowns will look horrible and do nothing for my figure” me and Scorpius looked at each other in amazement for a few moments, of all people Rose, daughter of Hermione, was concerned about her appearance and figure, and we could only respond to that by howling with laughter, clutching onto the walls of the cabin as we gasped for air and wiping our tears with the sleeves or our shirts as Rose’s face turned scarlet red and she sat with her arms crossed and her face pulled into a pout.

 



© 2012 TheDarkCryLove


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Cute:D and very realistic! If I was James I would feel the same way! all the pressure of being the 1st Potter back to hogwarts since the War and having a father whose so famous! Geez I would pee myself with the thought of not being able to live up to my family name-__- poor kid...
~Dreamer!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

ahaha okay yeah maybe I wouldn't pee myself but I imagine I would be rather nervous!:P
TheDarkCryLove

11 Years Ago

i would love to be able to go to hogwarts
Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

me too



Reviews

Cute:D and very realistic! If I was James I would feel the same way! all the pressure of being the 1st Potter back to hogwarts since the War and having a father whose so famous! Geez I would pee myself with the thought of not being able to live up to my family name-__- poor kid...
~Dreamer!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

ahaha okay yeah maybe I wouldn't pee myself but I imagine I would be rather nervous!:P
TheDarkCryLove

11 Years Ago

i would love to be able to go to hogwarts
Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

me too
Really cute especially the end, love the new characters and the main one's personality... so different from the real Harry Potter, but I can't wait to read more!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Castonovia

11 Years Ago

From Chicago??? Lol ;p
TheDarkCryLove

11 Years Ago

yeah, love musicals
Castonovia

11 Years Ago

Me 2, only went to see one though... the rest from movies :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 24, 2012
Last Updated on October 24, 2012


Author

TheDarkCryLove
TheDarkCryLove

Cleator Moor, Cumbria, United Kingdom



About
I am a man who loves many arts; Martial arts, Drawings, Poetry, novels, ect i am one who is hard to anger and i have been a pacafist for since 2009 I have my own website http://thedarkcrylove.weebly.. more..

Writing