Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Death Note

Death Note

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne
"

kaiju de wadokei" literally means "monsters by means of clocks" Why you ask? well thats a long story... Rylie take a look at the pic!

"

"Okay I know our school isn't the best when it comes to attendance but this is getting insane." commented Rylie scanning the morning circle that was very sparsely populated. 

"Even the teachers are taking off," agreed Rachel, "This sickness thats been going around must truly be serious."

"Doesn't seem like any sickness I've seen," Jaya said flatly, "Usually when someone gets sick there are a few days before hand where they are on the edge of feeling like crap and then a few days after they return they are still kinda off... but these guys just disappear for a few days and then reappear perfectly fine."

"Perfectly fine? if you can call walking around like zombies perfectly fine," grinned Rylie, "hey maybe that's what's happening! The Zombies are finally taking over!"

"Hey guys did you hear anything from Bmel?" asked Rachel frowning, "I haven't been able to get ahold of her and it's odd; usually she texts to at least get the homework from the day or at least sends one of her family members over to collect stuff from the teachers."

"All her sibling are out too, Regan told me nobody from the Coady family has been here the last couple of day's." Rylie informed them.

"Yeah, and my mom hasn't even been able to get ahold of Laura at all either. Nobody knows what's up." said Jaya.

"Doesn't Mrs. Coady not pick up her phone anyways?" asked Rachel.

"No, but normally she chats with my mom for hOurs..." Rylie wandered off as she spotted a familiar head of dirty blond hair.

"Oi! Kai! is Dria coming to school today?" asked Rylie.

"Don't think so, her family is out of town or something." said Kai.

"Don't be a dumb @#$ of course she's not. I was just texting her last night (or rather early this morning) and she was defiantly in town." scowled Rylie, "Is she sick? she won't answer my texts."

"How the @#$% should I know?" grumbled Kai.

"Uh... hm... I don't know... maybe because you @#$%ing live a few @#$% houses away and you carpool with her siblings every @#$%ing day?" said Rylie raising an eyebrow.

"Look, I don't know @#$% about what Dria or her family is doing. All I know is we went over to their house to pick them up this morning and everything was tight and locked up and nobody was home." sighed Kai.

"Were their cars there?" asked Rylie frowning.

"I don't- gah Rylie- I don't know!" said Kai frustrated by her persistence.

"Okay guys settle down!" called Mr. Martin, though there was no need; there were barely anybody around to settle down anyway, "I have an announcement! specifically for the 11th grade."

"Hurry it up..." muttered Rylie already tired of being at school.

"As you may have noticed there are only 3 of you here today," Rylie looked around in surprise, she had known most of the people in her class were missing today but it hadn't dawned on her that it was only her, Jaya, and Rachel, "The others it seems are all sick, as well as many of the the 10th and 9th graders."

"And the rest of the school." commented Rylie, Mr. Martin ignored her but she heard murmuring of agreement from all around.

"As I was saying, with so few students and so few teachers we have decided that there is not much use in doing school today. If you have cars you are welcome to leave, the rest of you we shall be doing community building projects-"

"RACHEL! IS THAT CAR KEY'S I SEE HANGING FROM YOUR BELT LOOP?!" shouted Rylie from across the circle.

"Y-yeah..."

"You. Me. Jaya. Car. Now." declared Rylie.

"Why are we going to Dria's again if Kai said she wasn't there?" asked Jaya.

"Well I think Kai is talking Bull. I told you: I was talking to Dria at 1:30 am this morning after she got off work and she was @#$%ing about her mom making her come to school today and she was definitely here!" said Rylie.

"Well it seems Kai was correct about one thing," said Rachel as she pulled up to Dria's house, "It looks like they aren't here."

"But their cars are all here, even her dads." said Jaya pointing.

"@#$% it I bet she's just sitting in her room ditching." said Rylie, "Let's sneak around back and surprise her!" 

"It looks deserted though... and even if they are here are you sure they'll be okay with us sneaking through their back door...?" asked Rachel as Jaya and Rylie dragged her around back.

"Hey thats funny... where are her dogs?" said Rylie frowning, ignoring Rachel, as they got into the back yard.

"Inside?" suggested Jaya.

"Doesn't look like it..." commented Rachel peering through a window. Then her face turned pale, "Guy's get away from the windows! there are creepy people in there!"

"@#$%... somebody call the police...!" whispered Jaya as they hid peering in through the corner of a window.

"I will!" said Rachel quickly pulling out her phone, looking very pale, "@#$% I have no signal... I had one at the car though..."

"Then get the @#$% to the car!" hissed Rylie. Rachel didn't stop to question it as she ran to do as she was told, "Jaya move over so I can see!"

"Shh! I think I heard something!" hissed Jaya, Rylie peered under Jaya's arm. Inside Dria's house she could see shapes moving around... shapes that were not her friend OR her family. and then suddenly there was a face right in front of her staring right at her.

Rylie couldn't stifle her scream.

Rylie's head hurt. She could feel herself being moved and vaguely register that there were murmuring voices all around her.

"Extraordinary... we've never found one that survived."

 "Think she knows anything about the disappearances?"

"No way to tell till she wakes up."

"Still, she may be the key to solve this puzzle."

"Pity they took the other one."

"Excuse me but would you mind telling me who you are where you're taking us?" Ah... this voice was familiar... Rachel....

"You will stay with us until further notice."

"BUT WHAT ABOUT RYLIE!? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO JAYA?! AND WHERE IS DRIA AND ALL THE REAST OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE "SICK"?!"

"In order to find your other friends we are going to need Rylie and the information she saw, so we're sending her to the best.... we're sending her to L."

"Very interesting...." said L thoughtfully staring at the monitor on which his men had interviewed the young American girl Rachel. If what she said was true then her friends testimony would be highly revealing. Still, with the blow to the head she had received, there was no guarantee that she would remember what had attacked her. Still, L was a highly qualified detective and he was sure he could find a way to squeeze the information out of her.

"Do you think it's Kira? after the incident there was a report of hundreds of people just falling over dead at the same time. We already know that Kira is more than capable of doing such things." asked Matsuda.

"It seems unlikely; it is not Kira's style. Also, why would Kira, or someone using the same methods as Kira, bother directly attacking a couple of curious teenagers when he could have just gotten their names and killed them right there without the risk of finger prints?" commented Light leaning back in his chair.

"We can not rule out that they are not connected just yet. However I agree with Light-kun: it seems unlikely." stated L chewing his finger. 

"Still, with no leads on Kira at this point we might as well look into this." sighed Mr. Yagami.

"True, but I wouldn't be so sure that this isn't important." said L still staring at the screen.

"But Ryuzuki I thought you said that you didn't think it had anything to do with Kira." said a confused Matsuda.

"I said that it was unlikely to be Kira, but that doesn't mean that it's completely unrelated." said L uncurling  from his crouch on the computer chair to stand up.

"Is that why you had the witness brought here to interrogate?" asked Light.

"Possibly..." said L as he walked out the door.

"

Rylie had a terrible head ache. Flashes of memory crossed her mind but they were painful and made no sense. She had drifted in and out of consciousness for what seemed an eternity. At last she found her awareness finally returning to her, this time completely. Still, her head hurt, and she was very reluctant to open her eyes. Rylie turned over and buried her face in comfy pillows and breathed in deeply.

Rylie frowned.

She breathed in deeply again. There it was; the distinct sent of strawberries and sugar.... and cake.

"Regan...! you should bring me some of that!" Rylie groggily called. She half expected her little sister to call back telling her to get it herself. In fact Rylie had a brilliant retort prepared for when she did. However she got no response. Rylie huffed and flopped to her side rubbing her eyes before finally opening them... and screamed as loud as she could and scrambled back. For there, crouching with his face only a foot away from her was a wild looking man with dark hair and wide, shadow rimed, eyes.

"What the @#$%?!" exclaimed Rylie.

"Rylie-chan seems to scare to easily, perhaps it is a result of her resent traumatic experiences?" commented the man.

"I don't know what you're talking about but that right there was enough to be a count as a traumatic experience," said Rylie clutching her heart, "What the @#$% is wrong with you? you pedophile!"

"Pedophile?" asked the man blinking and tilting his head, "I think you have misunderstood my intentions Rylie-chan. I am a detective."

"Do I look like I give a @#$%? you're in my room staring at me while I sleep! get out now! I don't care if you're british!" said Rylie pointing at the door.

"British?" asked the man looking confused, "And why would I leave? you're the one sleeping in my bed."

"Pervert! and yes British, you do have an accent you know, it's not hard to figure out." said Rylie scooting even further away.

"How am I a pervert for giving you a place to sleep while you healed? and no I don't have an accent, you have an accent."

"りゅずき?ライリーさ"はおきって'いますか。" asked a good-looking brunet walking in making her dark haired companion glance back.

"はい、そうですよ。 " commented her companion. In a "Duh" kind of voice. Rylie could tell that they were speaking Japanese but as they continued to speak at increasing speed she was exceedingly confused.

"Excuse me? I am still here! can I go home now?" asked Rylie rather irritated.

"Pardon, my friend has no social skills, I am sorry if he's offended you." smiled the brunet charmingly with a slight japanese accent, somehow though Rylie immediately distrusted him... he seemed a little too nice to be genuine, "My names Light, and this here is Ryuzuki. We work for the police. You were recently the victim of a major crime. We'd like to ask you a few questions."

"Where am I..?" asked Rylie looking warily at Light and turned her attention to Ryuzuki, who, though a little creepy, seemed the more trustworthy of the two.

"You're in Japan." stated Ryuzuki watching her and Light very carefully.

"And my family and friends?" asked Rylie worriedly, memories of what happened before she has passed out where beginning to surface, however she did not like what she was remembering.

"You're family is safe." said Ryuzuki simply.

"And my friends?" pressed Rylie. Ryuzuki and Light exchanged a look.

"Well... Rachel is here in Japan too." said Light.

"And the others?" asked Rylie her heart squeezing.

"We have not been able to locate them or their families as of yet." stated Ryuzuki frankly. She saw Light quietly shaking his head at Ryuzuki's lack of tack.

"Oh..." was all Rylie managed, "May I see Rachel?"

"We thought it better is you two stayed separate for the time being. Right now you two are our only witnesses. If who ever attacked you decides that you need to be silenced we don't want them taking you both out in one swoop." said Light. Rylie glared at him.

"Rachel is working with another branch of our people. She volunteered to join their team to try and retrieve your friends." said Ryuzuki staring intensely at her. Rylie saw Light blink at Ryuzuki in surprise, apparently her new eccentric friend had kept this bit of information to himself. Well that was just fine with her.

"May I do the same?" asked Rylie.

"Yes."

"Alright! let's save my friends!" Grinned Rylie with determination. Ryuzuki smiled in response... a very cute smile Rylie noted. Light merely frowned.



© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


Author's Note

TheEverHungryOne
K Rylie here is the second part of your birthday present! if you like the beginning then I can continue it into a full blown story :) or I can change to a one shot :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whoa! It's got a great story line so far! I wonder if Rylie's gonna say to continue? (I think she might)

While I was reading this, I was thinking I could do a full on JUST Rylie/her next gen. book.

Keep it up!
=^_^=

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on June 9, 2012
Last Updated on June 11, 2012
Tags: Death Note


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne