Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Benji Parker

Prologue

There he was, staring in the eyes of the face of evil. Little Kiwick’s journey had brought him all the way to this point, and his thoughts were ridden with terror. Both Penguins stood frozen unable to move. They dropped their weapons, and fell forward still facing each other. A Gentle smile came across Kiwick’s face as his eyes began to close, and the thought of sliding down the slopes with his brother ran rampant. They had such good times together, and these memories were fond to him…


            Today was the day! The sun was bright, burning, and the whole community came to watch as the baby boys were scheduled to hatch. Rumos and Kutala Gapos had been waiting for this day for quite some time now. These eggs were the first children they had ever birthed so today was a special day for them. A simultaneous crack appeared in the two eggs, and the crowd grew silent. Even the air seemed still. Out popped two baby penguins, almost identical. One with deep green eyes with a beak that seemed to curve towards the heavens at its tip; the other penguin had red eyes, whose beak tip seemed to pierce through the snow itself. A roar ran through the crowd, the brothers of prophecy were finally born.


            “On the day that Ronos the crimson, and Kiwick the verdant are born the harmony between destruction and birth will no longer quail. Disciples of gods will walk, and community will reign when prosperity fails”


            For some time now, the penguins lived in dire conditions. Food was scarce and poison seemed to seep up from the ice. It seemed as soon as the boys were born the ice split down the middle and created a path to freedom. The penguins entered a new home and finally found peace. Years passed and the town grew large, immigrants came from other lands, and they welcomed them in. Peace returned to the island of Irunuso, the prophecy was true.



© 2013 Benji Parker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on June 1, 2013
Last Updated on June 2, 2013


Author

Benji Parker
Benji Parker

Durham, NC



About
"To Know What Is Right And Not Do It Is The Worst Cowardice" more..

Writing