Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by King-Bloodbolt

A cold, yet gentle summer rain fell from the sky onto his body as he jogged down the sidewalk while listening to a mix of Electronic and Eurobeat. The light fog surrounded him as he ran towards the cross walk. The longer he ran, the more adrenaline he felt. It was a good feeling that he hadn’t experienced in a long time. When Rodney made it to the cross walk he did a small bound onto the street. Suddenly his vision went dark and he felt a jolting pain across his body while the sound of screeching tires and a loud crash. As he struggled to open his eyes, he saw a black SUV stop and a white man in all black clothing exit the driver’s seat. His vision was blurred, but he could see a blue metallic object in the man’s hand. He opened and closed his eyes multiple times slowly, trying to clear his vision until the man stood above him. The man chuckled “You’re the easiest target I’ve ever taken chief, so... very easy....” The next thing he heard was a hard crack against his lower back, and one to his skull before blacking out. He awoke laying in a hospital bed while a red haired woman in a nurse’s outfit stood next to him. Rodney tried to sit up, but the woman pushed down lightly on his chest. “Don’t try to get up, you’re seriously injured.” He opened his mouth to speak, but all that came out was a sort of groan. “Easy Chief. You’re in the ICU, you were in a hit and run incident a few days ago. You need to rest.” He slowly nodded his head and laid back with his eyes closed. “Good, I’ll go get your pain meds.” She said softly. He heard footsteps slowly growing quieter, Rodney assumed she had left and he opened his eyes to look around. All he saw was they white empty wall of a hospital care room. He looked to his left and saw a heart monitor. His heart rate was slower than normal, maybe because he hadn’t gone running today. He shifted upwards and looked to his right. He saw an IV bag as well as a respirator. He closed his eyes again and let himself drift off for what felt like hours. When the nurse came back and woke him, she asked him “Do you remember anything sir?” As she handed him his pills and a small glass of water. Rodney downed the pills and shook his head. “I can’t…. remember anything except…. waking up here.” Each word came out slowly and painfully. His throat felt dry. He drank the glass of water. It soothed his aching insides. “Well for starters, you’re the chief of police around here. You appear to be… Rodney Duke.” She said as she read off his chart “I’ll be in the next room over, give a call if you need me” She stated as she set his chart down and started towards the door. When she was finally gone, Rodney sighed and let his body fall into a deep zoned out state of thought.



© 2018 King-Bloodbolt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job! I was gripped throughout! Keep going.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

King-Bloodbolt

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! It feels good to know that my writing is good. :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2018
Last Updated on April 4, 2018


Author

King-Bloodbolt
King-Bloodbolt

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada



About
17 Y/o Male Creative Writer/Gamer. I write fictional stories for fun. I have written in the past, mostly about horror. I play many games as a gamer, but the one type of game I can play for hours is an.. more..

Writing