Chapter Two - The Warm

Chapter Two - The Warm

A Chapter by Death Stalker
"

2nd chapter.

"

I am alone, inside this cold world. Everywhere I go, I am always cold, I can even freeze the ocean…Everyone hates me, even my own parents. I was dumped into an abandoned house, left just to die. Lucky the neighbor hears my cries. But they didn’t like me, they abuse me, regardless of what I did, if I sleep, they’ll abuse me, if I talk, they abused me. No matter what I did, I get abused. Then as I was 10 years old, my adoptive father put me on a roof of the house, and left me there. I tried to go down but broke my legs. My adoptive parents smiled when I did. I cried, the drag me and dump me into a place called Eastern Washington Hospital for the Insane. I grew cold, my body shivers everyday, people came in, I was so hungry, and sometimes I eat them. But sometimes they die of hypothermia. I cried everyday. Wishing someone will take care of me, I don’t even know my own name! They call me Insane number 1, because I was the first “insane” to arrive the hospital. But some call me “Mort” because I am responsible for most of the death of the nurses. Sometimes, during the full moon, I get a heavy desire to howl. I get the urge to taste blood… I do not know why. Several days has past without food, all the old workers that feed me retired, and the boss of this dumb place is recruiting workers, workers refuse to work for him, so he decided to lie, saying this is just a hospital for the ill people. But he didn’t say insane… So far, many workers fall into his trap. But there is one I am kind of grateful that fell into the boss’s trap. The boss was taking the 2 new workers on a tour. I saw the man peering through the small window in the door, I smiled, I look past him and I see this cute girl, she got a cute long hair that she likes to hide behind. The older one, her father I assumed. I kept staring at Bill, the boss, and I read his lip, he said Tom, I assumed that’s the father, so I send him a message through my brain to his. The message is… “Do not worry Tom, I won’t harm your daughter.” As soon as I thought of it, Tom looked through the window, I smiled and winked. Tom’s eyes widen and walked away from me. The girl walked to the opposite direction, I knew she’s going to be working with me. I thought, a cute girl can’t possibly be brave enough to dare enter such a cold place… But I was wrong, VERY wrong. The door creaks open, and there she was, under what seems like 3 thick coats.

“Hello, Mort isn’t it?” She said, in a beautiful angelic voice.

“Aye, I don’t know…” I bowed my head. “I could be Insane number 1, I could be Mort, or I could be anyone…”

“Newborn orphan?” The girl asked.

 “Aye, my parents abandoned me to this place before it was found and used for an orphan.” My voice spilled out, I can’t seem to hold it back, and something about this girl makes me trust her.

“Wow… that’s not good…” She stared at the floor. “So… aren’t you cold? You are wearing a thin clothes and it’s freezing here.” She tried to change the topic.

“Nah, it’s not that cold.” I whisper… Silent lurks into the room. The girl then sit down on the floor, urgently trying to think of something to say. “By the way, you never told me your name.” I asked.

“Luna.” She said. “Have you ever got abused?”

“if you count being abandoned by my parents as an abused, then yes.” I smiled. Luna smiled. Silence lurks into the room again. After what seems like 2 minutes, the father came in. There was blood everywhere on his arm.

“Sweetie, I need to go to the hospital for a while.” Tom said.

“What happened?” Luna stood up and walked to her father. “Are those scratches?”

“Yes, Insane number 356 apparently have the knife hidden on his person, he slashes it out and start attacking me. Bill knocked him out and searched him for weapons before it got too serious, I need to go to the hospital for a while to get this checked out ok?”

“Ok dad.”

“Are you going to be all right here by yourself? I know how you feel about being inside the hospital” Tom asked his daughter, I smiled, I hate hospitals, I am glad that Luna has that in common.

“Don’t worry dad, I can handle being here alone.”

“I’ll hug you but I don’t want to stain your beautiful white coat that you bought from France.” Tom smiled along with Luna’s, Tom then walk away.

I could hear a faint yelling from Bill, “Don’t worry Tom; I’ll cover your hospital bills!”

“Well that was horrifying don’t you think?” Luna smiled. “Don’t worry though; my father is always careless when it comes to these things. He usually will be fine under stitches and antibiotics.” She sat down on the floor in front of me. My mouth is drooling; the sight of blood sends my stomach to beg for mercy, to beg for blood to cradle it. I decide to keep this craving from Luna, I fear if she thinks I’m gone nuts. “So… I got a report saying that you sometimes eat human? What’s up with that if you don’t mind me asking.” Luna interrupts my train of thought.

“They always fear to give me food, so I don’t get enough, and one day I realized that meat is from a muscle of an animal. So… human’s muscles are “meat.” So I decide to taste it and fell in love with the taste. Thus cannibalism starts.” I explain, slight embarrassing that she knows such details.

“Oh… well I don’t mind, I’ll be watching your hunger side” She joked, I smiled.

“So… what’s your hobby?” I asked.

“Writing stories or singing.”

“Ah, I’m kind of similar; I like to hum and daydream. Basically these are the only thing to do when you’re trapped in a room like this.”

“Ah… cool… do you… by any chance want to hear me sing?” Luna fidgets with the zipper of her coat.

“Sure, I love to listen to lyrics.” I said.

“I know it’s not the best. But here goes…”

            I just want to be a lone wolf!

            But it would never happen.

            I’m always getting dragged into packs.

            I try to flee but I’m always getting hunted.

            Always getting stuck in packs.

            No matter what I do! I’m always surrounded with friends.

            I just want to be alone…

            Alone…

            But alas, I can never be alone!

            I’m always surrounding by my friends

            The desire of being a lone wolf

            Is fading away like mist!

            “I know it’s not very well but still…” Luna bows her head.

            “It’s not that bad… at least you’re trying.”

            “I’m back!” Tom opened the door. “Luna, I’m going to sleep, there’s enough excitement for today. If you want to stay up, by all means go ahead. I feel like I owe you for not believing about your school and your mother.”

            “Thanks dad, and you should've, I wouldn’t believe anyone if someone else said it too.” Luna smiled, hugged Tom. “Good night.”

 

            “-There were a beast lurking behind the tree, Gary walks closer, he found out it was nothing but a squirrel. ‘Gary! Get ahold of yourself!’ He said to himself. A twig snapped behind him. He turns around, expecting his girlfriend. But it wasn’t. The figure was white, human-like with white fur. He looks up; saw a wolf-like head. ‘Holy sh-‘ is all he can manage to say before the creature brings its arm and slashes the neck of Gary. Gary, nor his girlfriend; Mary, is never found to this say. Some people believe that the girlfriend is a werewolf; some believe the werewolf ate both of the people. The case still rises today.” I told her a story, trying to kill time. It was hours later and we were just blabbing away, so I decides to share stories with each other.

            “Wow that’s creepy.” She yawns. “Well it’s getting late and I’m getting sleepy. Good night” she stood up.

            “Good night, don’t let Mary enter your room.” I joked; she rolled her eyes and exit out of the door into the living quarters of the hospital.

            “Are you hungry?” one of the nurses poked her head inside the room, fear and caution clear in her eyes..

            “Aye” I nodded, grabbing the food. “Um, I got a question to asked.”

            “Ask away.” The nurse said, starting to relax. “Wow, I just noticed that it’s warmer in here. The nurse looks around, as if she thinks this is a different story. “Oh, sorry, now ask away."

            “I am not feeling well, my stomach acts all jittery, the more I think of this girl, the more jittery my stomach gets.” I cradle my stomach. The nurse smiled and kneel next to me.

            “You’re falling in love.” The nurse said, winking.

            “That can’t be… no one loves me, and I love no one… how can this be…”

            “Love can be an odd thing, good night.” The nurse stood up, waved and exit through the door. Leaving me here, shocked by this feeling I never had, love. It can’t be...



© 2012 Death Stalker


Author's Note

Death Stalker
feel free to criticize me

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked the song about the lone wolf. Very original. I think it is really sweet that Mort is opening up to Luna, and may be falling in love.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's crazy good, and suspenseful too. There are a few spelling/grammatical errors though. Other than that, this is a great story!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 20, 2012


Author

Death Stalker
Death Stalker

Tucson, AZ



About
I like to write, any story that lurks into my mind. I've been writing as long as I can remember. It all started with nothing to do, it was nighttime... I was sleeping, I have a vivid dream, that ta.. more..

Writing