pompous a*s

pompous a*s

A Poem by m.s.early

she rolled her perfunctory chocolate eyes,
balanced her jaw on her pristine porcelain palm,
inspected her nails while remaining calm,
lavish lips lightly pursed as the polish dried.
she tried to deflect his hackneyed words
until she wished she had never heard them;
a repetition of preachings lightly tossed by him
evenmore they pricked and stuck like burs.
regardless of intent she found herself becoming crass
she began to wonder why she obliged his preaching
she was his lover not his subject for the teaching
perhaps this arrangement simply wouldn't last
she searched his face internally beseeching
but all that she found was a completely pompous a*s  

© 2014 m.s.early


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Way to get in touch with your feminine side :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


oh girls just wanna have fun....oh girls....all they really want.....Oh I am sorry, were you saying something?...on the woman side of this...saddened....every woman wants to be adored, consumed, coddled and endured....but preachin' and teachin' are scheduled on Sundays with daddies and preachers:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh I know plenty of these!

I am new around here, and I am thoroughly enjoying your work.

You definitely have a variety show going on! I mean that in a positive way. One never knows what to expect.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I adore this poem, especially in the mood I am in. I am impressed with your ability to slide into your feminine skin. I am not really good at doing the opposite.:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


And so I laughed and had to wonder who is the pompous a*s and that is being polite for I think I know. I absolutely love the description of who you were and who you are and where you live. It sounds so inviting. Yet as I live in the same general area, I KNOW where it is and perhaps I do not love it and respect it as you do. And the way they talk.....oh you need to visit my posting from about 5:30 PM yesterday. Write something hickish--totally improper and it would make my day.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Lol...this is delightful satire!! I've known a few men like this...mouths always spewing while your eyes glaze over in boredom. They talk to hear the sound of their own voice I think. Fantastic write.. :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

(: thank you red. sometimes i'm one of them unfortunately. can't seem to keep my foot out of my mout.. read more
'she tried to deflect his hackneyed words
until she wished she had never heard them;'

sometimes we have to face reality and no one ever really wants to think that about their love but sometimes it is the truth. i liked the alliteration of 'pristine porcelain palm' and 'lavish lips lightly,' the rhyming here is so subtle that I didn't even notice it was a sonnet at first. fantastic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


m.s.early

10 Years Ago

(: thank you for reading ghostdawn :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 26, 2014
Last Updated on January 28, 2014

Author

m.s.early
m.s.early

VA



About
"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." -Salman Rushdie more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..