Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by The Red Raven

Since the Time of Dragons it has been said we have nothing to fear anymore. Sagroyca cleansed the world of the first humans, who were stupid enough to taunt him despite his warnings. The other dragons mocked him as well, said he was delusional.

How wrong they were.

After he killed his unbelieving brethren, he took place on his throne on Stone’s Peak, from which he oversaw the new generation of mankind. He was delighted to see how developed the second coming of humanity was. They truly made a better life for themselves and strived to improve. It was truly the greatest time in history.

Until darkness came.

Astarot, who had fled when Sagroyca began his purge and hid in a cave at Emerald Falls until his brother had calmed down, returned and turned his brother’s creation against him. He granted the strongest of them the power of the Nothing, transforming them into malicious creatures.

A war began and once more did Sagroyca betray the people, though he had wished never to do so ever again. The first time it was needed, this time his hand was forced.

Years went by and he became weaker with time. Astarot foolishly presumed he had already won the fight. What he could not predict, was that his sibling would burn the world again. The demon army was not resistant to the flames and thus turned into ashes.

With the last of his life force, Sagroyca challenged Astarot to a fight. It is said the heavens were filled with their roars for months.

In a moment where the Dragon God showed a weak spot, his opponent attacked and ripped his throat out. Lying defeated on the cold stone ground before his throne, the dying Sagroyca pushed himself upwards and bit down on the victor’s neck, giving him the same fate that had befallen him.

That is how the last dragons disappeared and the prophecy is born. We do not believe Sagroyca is truly dead, he is merely recovering and must be reawakened.

One day the Day of the Rise will come and then humanity will know greatness a second time.

Justice will come.



© 2017 The Red Raven


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on June 16, 2017
Last Updated on June 16, 2017
Tags: fantasy, dragons, war, love, friendship, politics, medieval


Author

The Red Raven
The Red Raven

Netherlands



About
I am an amateur writer who has managed to get her book published last year. Overall, I would describe my style as being similar to Edgar Allan Poe. However, I do like to experiment with different gen.. more..

Writing