Mine

Mine

A Poem by Reianna Jewel
"

This poem is a little hard for me to explain, so if you understand it I nod my head to you in appreciation

"

I love that you yourself makes me smile

but I am insane to see you happy.

The way you laugh makes my heart run a mile,

your disgusting mood makes you look sappy


My passion for you burnt like a fire

but your hate hath filled me with rejection.

My wonderful dear and lonely sire,

why can’t you just share this gross infection?


My loneliness hath made my soul sour,

the hate in me for you has now ruptured.

My poor heart wilted like a deadly flower.

Sanity broke and she is now captured.


Now we meet, and now you see me in light,

it’s such a shame you did put up a fight.

© 2019 Reianna Jewel


Author's Note

Reianna Jewel
An English assignment during the Shakespeare lecture

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

For me, I see a daughter trying to win her father's heart but he's too cantankerous to allow her in. He seems to be afraid of her, of loving her. She adores him, as most young daughters do. She found in him qualities that she liked but he killed them with his moods and rejections. She had dreams of him being all the time like the fleeting moments of the good she saw in him. She grew up and has once again come face to face with him. She has missed him being in her life but not the worst of him. He has made her instinctively shun men all her adult life for fear that they are all alike. Her loneliness has grown larger than her hate and has allowed her to forgive. However, seeing him again hurt her heart to the point of losing her mind but she found she was strong enough to deal. Because of the woman she has become, he sees that his damage only made her stronger. He's glad of it but the coldness she has now saddens him. He's older and needs her now, like she needed him once, and she just doesn't have it in her to be the daughter he wants. She reminds him of how it was for her, the rejection; the fight to resist her love, her affection. Rejection that has come back to bite him.

It's a sad one and beautifully written. It could be the relations between a father and daughter or two once upon a time lovers. It could even be just the fascination of a young woman with an older man who has a wife. I feel a lot of love and hate that eventually becomes a mutual state of being.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Reianna Jewel

4 Years Ago

I love this interpretation of it, it's honestly a lot better than what it's about. The idea was that.. read more
Rhayne

4 Years Ago

I had revised my comment just before I received your comment, lol.
Reianna Jewel

4 Years Ago

I nod my head in appreciation to you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Added on September 9, 2019
Last Updated on September 9, 2019
Tags: dark, possessive, obsessive, love

Author

Reianna Jewel
Reianna Jewel

Bonners Ferry, ID



About
I write about what I'm going through and my feelings fuel my writing. I try to make something enjoyable, and I suffer from writers block. I'm a welder and writer in my free time, which I don't have mu.. more..

Writing