Spirtualism-the downward spiral

Spirtualism-the downward spiral

A Poem by Thegoodgatasby
"

Beliefs and the god thing. A conversation I had in a café with a women yesterday.

"

Your claim excites me, makes me angry, make me stir,

You have god within your touch, god is always there.

There is a greater power, a moral being, a higher source.


You see the doubt within me, you know I disagree.

I am atheist, indifferent, lesser; a bottom feeder to science and fact.

You want to save my soul, my ignorance apparent you tell me,

but that I can fix she says, she can make me whole.


You are lovely, you are polite, you are gentle and I don't want to insult,

But your rejection of science is startling, scary,

I just came here for some tea.


Your next claim is what starts us off, its the boldest of them all,

You say you know god is real, you know it as a fact.

You tell me of a story about a woman, 46.

Doctors told her she would go blind, but she came and she saw you.

Your Reiki reading cured her, in one week she could see.

He is real you tell me.


God exists. He is real. How could I have been such a cynic?


It's just his interests are not particularly broad. God- largely undiverted by the starving masses,

the inequality between the various classes, he gives out strictly limited passes redeemable for surgery or for

2 for 1 glasses. Gods interests clearly confined to the ocular- given the chance he would have broken all odds.


Strewed the divine and started a little business selling contacts online.

What are the odds? Histories endless offerings of gods, superpowers. The one god that you believe in just happens to be the actual god and he's big on dealing.


Not the starving African babies no. But instead middle class, white, Liverpudlian women, with common and curable lens degeneration.


Lack of education? spontaneous reoccurence? Mistake by the doctor? no.

Marketing, eh?

If you go on down to Reiki Jen, for just a £40 session, she'll send a message to an ancient being.

And god will take a day of giving babies malaria and pop on down to your local area, and fix your sight!!!!

© 2015 Thegoodgatasby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on March 22, 2015
Last Updated on March 22, 2015

Author

Thegoodgatasby
Thegoodgatasby

Liverpool



About
New writer, trying a few ideas out and finally putting pen to paper, or finger to key, feedback gladly received- if that's how this works. more..

Writing