Chapter Two- Reality In a Wind Tunnel

Chapter Two- Reality In a Wind Tunnel

A Chapter by Zach Ross
"

The boys find out that picking a fight for fun may not always be a good idea.

"
              Asa stared at his wall. He was bored. Arlo was by the desk, playing Asa’s guitar. As Arlo played, Asa studied the guitar. It was deep bloody red, with a wood grain not unlike what the surface of a body of water in rain would look like. It looked as if, within that guitar, there was a pool, no, a lake of blood with more and more of the substance slowly dripping into it. In a way, it was beautiful.

            “Dude, I’m bored as f**k.” Said Odd, slowly drawing out the final word.

            “Well, what can we do?” Inquired Arlo.

            Asa paused before saying, “Let’s sneak out.”

            “And go where?” Asked Odd.

            “Somewhere. Let’s just go pick a fight. I think that would be fun.” Asa replied.

            And so they did.

            They arrived at a McDonalds, Odd was the first one out of the car, with a target already in mind. Down along the row of empty parking spaces, there was a guy getting out of his car. He was about 17 or 18, and was Asa’s height (Asa was the tallest of the three at 6 feet even). He was wearing a flat billed hat, and sunglasses at 11 o’ clock at night. Needless to say, he was a major d****e.

            Odd, without missing a beat, Odd called out, “Nice sunglasses, it’s really bright out here!” in a sarcastic way that caught his attention.

            “F**k you punk!” He called back, a little angry, but not enough to start a fight.

            “You’d like that, huh?” Odd replied with a very egotistical tone of voice.

            This sent Dr. D****e over the edge extremely quickly. He stormed over to Odd and said, “You’d better get in that car and drive off or I’m gonna f**k your s**t up little man.” He didn’t sound very intelligent, and he was very skinny, with a slight potbelly too. Definitely didn’t look athletic.

            Asa stepped out of the car, standing at the height of the man, wearing an extremely graphic Cannibal Corpse t-shirt. As he opened the door, the music, which was already fairly audible, became extremely loud in an instant.

            Asa left the door open and spoke over the music, “You talk extremely tough, but you’re not that big. Also, that belly doesn’t seem like it’s any muscle at all. I don’t think you’d want to take either of us.”

            The guy turned to his car and stormed off. Odd and Asa thought it was over.

            It wasn’t. They saw two other guys step out of the man’s car. All of them looked around the same height and age. None of them looked particularly threatening…

Other than the fact that they all had heavy blunt weapons.

 Three men, with a tire iron, a baseball bat, and a metal flashlight all waked to the three menacingly. Arlo and Odd looked at Asa, both yelling at him to get in the car, start it, and leave, but Asa hardly heard them.

            Something inside Asa was boiling over.

            Something inside him was coming out.

            Something evil.

            The other two felt it too. Asa was starting to “feel” strange. Odd grabbed his shoulder to pull him into the car, but locked, as if every muscle in his body was exerting tension against one another, keeping him perfectly still.

            Odd felt it too. His skull felt pressurized. Rage and hatred slowly cast a red tint across his vision. The veins of his body began to rise, creating small rises across his skin.

            Arlo began to panic, yelling at them to do something. Then, suddenly, he felt what he thought was strings tied to the ends of his fingers. They felt loose, but somehow they began to pull in the direction of the three men. He twitched a finger, and saw the one with the tire iron’s arm twitch a little. The man failed to notice. He jerked his entire arm, and the man fell to the ground in a fit of spasms.

            Upon seeing this, Asa looked at Arlo, causing Arlo to gasp a little. Asa’s eyes had become a steely gray outlined in a deep black. Asa asked what was wrong, but Arlo just stared, this was a lot to take in at once for any human being.

            The men were close now, they were held up by the fall one of them took, but that only served to piss him off. Asa turned around in time to see the one in the middle raising the baseball bat above their heads to bring it down on Asa’s skull, but before he could do it, Asa looked him in the eye, and the man froze. Just stopped. A look of terror spread across his face as Asa looked into him. With a brutality that was before unknown to him, Asa grabbed him by the throat and threw him to the pavement, scratching up his face on the rough asphalt.

            Odd was the next to act. A tire iron was swung at his face, but it barely missed, as the man tried to recover from the swing, Odd grabbed the iron and wrenched it from his hand, twisting his wrist in such a manner that caused it to give off a loud crack. The man’s wrist was broken. Odd then plowed the iron into the kneecap of the man, completely inverting the knee in a grotesque manner that made him fall to the ground, screaming in agony before passing out from sheer pain.

            The final man stopped short, looked at his flashlight, and began to run, but Arlo felt his strings attach to the man, so he just pulled him back. He flew through the air, landing on his feet, unable to move from fear. It was the first man, the one who threatened them initially. “You guys are freaks!” He cried out in panic, sweating profusely. Also, he smelled faintly of urine.

            Asa stepped up to him, the brutality still flowing in his brain, as if his neurons only fired in hatred. The man took a swing at Asa, but Arlo pulled his arm back with the twitch of a finger, as if he was a puppeteer, and the man was a morbid meat puppet. Odd then punched him in the stomach. The man coughed and almost passed out from lack of breath. Then Asa grabbed him by the throat and held him to the hood of the car. His eyes locked with the man, and he spoke, “You’re not so tough now, are you?” as his eyes slowly burned into the man’s.

            Asa felt as if he was inside the man’s brain.

            He felt like there was a power welling up inside him.

            He felt that the man was an outlet.

            He used the man so, releasing all the power, surging it into him through his eyes.

            The man screamed in fear and suffering before passing out. Asa let him fall to the ground.

            They sat there for a moment, the feeling drained away quickly. They felt normal. Then they looked at each other. Arlo was the first to speak.

 “Guys, what the f**k just happened?”



© 2012 Zach Ross


Author's Note

Zach Ross
So, I think I may be a little better, please let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on July 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 24, 2012
Tags: Suprenatural, Action, Adventure, Dark, Evil


Author

Zach Ross
Zach Ross

TX



About
I'm a little more dark and unusual. I love music and do a little solo work as a musician. It's mostly death metal, with lots of parodies of pop music. more..

Writing