Chapter Three- Seeds of Human Condition Growing

Chapter Three- Seeds of Human Condition Growing

A Chapter by Zach Ross
"

"We have no idea what just happened."

"

Chapter 3

Seeds of Human Condition Growing

 

            The car was quiet, even the churning audial waters of its stereo were dead. Only the sound of pistons firing in the engine block filled the ears of its occupants.

            Arlo was the first to break the silence.

 “Guys… did we…” He trailed off mid-sentence.

            “We can’t tell anybody about this.” Asa stated sternly. “Whatever this is, we shouldn’t mess with it.” He added as an afterthought.

            Odd disagreed. “I think we should keep this to ourselves, but look at what we have. We have phenomenal gifts. We should learn how to use them.” He argued.

            “And risk our own or somebody else’s lives? We have no clue what just happened.” Asa countered.

            “But we could figure it out if we explored what it is.”

            “I’m not sure I want to Odd. That beat down was borderline murder, and I don’t want to go to jail for this.”

            “I think we should. We have power. We should use it. There’s no reason not to, as long as we don’t take it to the public.”

            “I agree with Odd.” Arlo interjected. “We should explore this.”

            Asa paused, considering the implications of agreeing.

            “Ok.” Was his only answer.



© 2012 Zach Ross


Author's Note

Zach Ross
It's short, but the gravity of this portion was so much that I felt it best to give it its own chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on July 27, 2012
Tags: Dark, Supernatural, Adventure


Author

Zach Ross
Zach Ross

TX



About
I'm a little more dark and unusual. I love music and do a little solo work as a musician. It's mostly death metal, with lots of parodies of pop music. more..

Writing