Nothing Matters Anymore

Nothing Matters Anymore

A Story by This Guy
"

S**t I wrote.

"
I spend almost every night of the week alone in my apartment. Most nights I enjoy, and tonight is one of those nights. As I sit here drinking my beer and smoking my cigarette, I can't help but wonder what other people are doing. Some people are at parties, doing the same thing as I, only they are surrounded by people who don't care about one-another. I don't much like parties, and the reason why is because it is a gathering of people who are trying too hard. Trying to forget about their jobs, trying to forget about college, trying to forget about their lives, trying to forget about their last break up, and so on. When I drink, I like to think about my life, and where I am headed. Most of the time I realize that I am heading nowhere. As of right now, I have no job, I have very few friends, I have nothing of importance, (Also, my rent is due in two days and I have no money.) But all of this, this dreary existence, is okay.
I feel that most people are trying so hard to find things to be sad or upset about. Whether it be where they are living, their jobs, their families, or anything. I also feel that nothing good can come of this. If you truly want to be happy, than all you have to do, is be happy. Shut the f**k up, and be happy. It's so simple, yet we make it so hard. Where you live doesn't matter, your relationship status doesn't matter, your job doesn't matter, money doesn't matter. None of it means s**t. What truly matters is who you are, and who you are becoming. I can't say that I don't think about these things from time to time, but when I do, I have to stop and tell myself that nothing matters, and to just be okay with everything. For now, I only have these things to say on the subject. I'm sure as I get older, I will go through some hard times, but I know now that all I have to do, is simply be happy. 
Or maybe I'm just a f*****g idiot...

© 2012 This Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You're absolutely right. People are always putting conditions upon their happiness and not just letting it happen. However... happiness doesn't feed one's kids, so people are bound to put some things as "to be done first" before happiness can settle in to it's fullest.

Thanks for sharing!
Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 29, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2012
Tags: shit