Lore

Lore

A Story by Thnift
"

Something that I quickly wrote down after playing Minecraft

"

As Thnift began the construction of his escape pod he ran through all the things that had happened in the last year. The list was much longer than he would have liked.


The departure of one of the best of the best, the founder of the world he lived in, had left him depressed greatly. He knew of course, that as long as he remembered the name and deeds of the great articwolf, the memory alone would act as a mentor to all of his own actions. Along with this, one of his best friends had been missing for over 4 months now. Thnift worried that something had happened to him, that MonkeyGasAttack had been on one of his “adventures” he enjoyed so much. He hoped that he had not injured himself somewhere far away from all traces of civilization, and was struggling to survive.  


As the list grew longer and longer, Thnift fell deeper into depression. He knew he must get out of it though. The haunting depression had made him forget to prepare for the worst thing of them all...


The arch-enemy of Articwolf, The Terrible Niamh, had grown stronger in the founders absence. Many had felt the tremors reverberating up from the hell Niamh occupied as his home, but most chose not to believe it. They continued on in the false hope that Articwolf would return in his glory and save them all. Thnift was one of the few who knew better. He had long ago realised that his idol was never coming back, he knew that Niamh would continue to get stronger by the day, eventually becoming strong enough to rip his way out of the underworld and into the plane Thnift existed on, destroying everything in his path and creating from the destructive energy created, a world to his own liking. 


The people that chose to believe this knew that there would be enough energy left over from the creation of the living hell to create another one of Niamhs monsters. The list of the horrible night creatures would grow by one, and knowing His style he knew it would be one of the worst. Like the creeper it would not die at the touch of sunlight, like the Skeleton it would be horribly thin and tall, and like the spider it would be black as night itself.


Taking all this in had proven too much even for the strong mind of Thnift and he had spiraled into a deep depression for many a month. When he finally struggled out of the monster his mind had created for him, he realized that Niamh was only days away from breaking free. He had not preserved any food or supplies of any sort, only making what he needed to keep himself alive during his depression. He took inventory of all he had held on to:


A dozen iron shovels

Two iron ingots

Many full chests of dirt

One wheat plant



Thnift  had no idea how he could survive the destruction of the world with just this. He had heard though that Skuggi-Hond one of the lesser gods, did not believe that even he could survive the rage of Niamh. He had also heard that Krogothian, in all his arrogance thought he could defeat Niamh himself. Even though it had taken all the power of Articwolf and all the lesser gods to imprison him. Not having the power of even the weakest god Thnift knew that he had slim chances of surviving. 


He began work on an escape pod...


He knew the end was near, but how near? No one could say. One of the dates that had thought to be the day of destruction had already passed. With the hope given to Thnift by this amazing chance, he knew he had to work fast. Not having access to the resources and powers of Skuggi-Hond, he could only use Minecraftia based building materials. He quickly amassed some gunpowder and made TNT, this he thought, would be the best bet as fuel for an escape pod. Luckily another one of his friends Snowfired, had heard of the great plan to survive and wanted to help. Thnift gratefully accepted, he now had a much better chance. Snowfired of course could not plan an escape pod of his own, but he had over the past years, amassed a great fortune that he now employed to helping Thnift.


The next projected date of destruction was in three days. Thnift could only hope that this was enough time...

© 2011 Thnift


Author's Note

Thnift
Ignore grammar problems please. This was written at 10:00 at night while I was half asleep.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So i am a major minecrafter and can't wait for 1.8 to come out! This story is very well thought out and I love the incorporated of the not yet created monsters :P Thanks for sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on September 9, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2011

Author

Thnift
Thnift

Canada



Writing
Lore 2 Lore 2

A Story by Thnift


Portal Portal

A Story by Thnift