Cult.

Cult.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty
"

Again, an idea I had in my head and put to paper. Enjoy!

"

Day 26. The day for new life and rebirth. Some would say I am the phoenix. Others claim I rob them of their own inner phoenix.

 

Nevertheless I was put here to serve. I help those who are in need, feed the hungry.

 

Kill.

 

A jigsaw murderer. Can you piece my puzzles? A caged animal is what you will become.

I run this freak-show circius. Dance to my tune now, my spiking the drink of life will equal the spiking of the masses hearts.

 

I shall place you in the room of your nightmares. Grill you with more intensity than the courts ever could. We should know that; you are no more a saint than I. I will take you an inch from your false life, in order to open your eyes to true life.

 

Death is simply a statistic, a hinderance. Shall I feed your hungry mind with the knowledge of true being? Step inside. Put your foot in the door of your god and demand forgiveness. There are no saints here.

 

But no, to them? I am the demigod of so-called "true" sinners. These inferior beings have been filled with ignorance, can they not see the fickelty of sin? I sigh with disbelief and disappointment at their outrageous accusations.

 

I only kill those who need to be.

 

Allow me to prise open your eyes and ears with the pliers of truth. They have been barricaded shut by those who like to claim power and wealth. However even they are oblivious.

They took me once, halted my physical movement. Restrained me, constrained me.

 

All that could move was my mind. Yes, my mind. Just thinking. Thinking.

 

Thinking day and night, without end. Enough to drive a man insane. I am not insane. These men are ignorant of the truth I am preaching to them. They must cast their eyes towards the looking-glass.

 

Look closer.

 

 

I have you.

© 2011 Thomas Roarty


Author's Note

Thomas Roarty
Tell me your interpretations and thoughts :)
Constrctive crits only!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

:') . Words cannot express how amazing this is!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Author

Thomas Roarty
Thomas Roarty

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello! My name is Thomas. I am sixteen years of age and I have just began writing for personal pleasure, I hope you enjoy my works :) I'm not 100% positive on how to define my works. Thus far they se.. more..

Writing
Dig. Dig.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty