Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Colony.

Colony.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty
"

This one was written during one of my fouler moods. There's a sense of teen angst in here, but I don't want that to be how this is conveyed. Enjoy!

"

Sadly, you are once again amiss. How precedented of you to make such judgements on a whim. How predictable.

The "G" in gluttony within mental/emotional pride. Must you see yourself as superior? The Mother Mary of flawed logic? Stand on your pedestal, now witness the ants on the ground mutiny against the so-called superior.

 

Your ants. We ants. Fireants, sit back and relax as we take you unawares. Eating away at the aloft (The solid foundation overthrowing the unstable pyramid of power). Our red-backed fury terrorizes your stature, oh you cynic. Continue your silent laughter in attempt of your flailing pride. (Pride which has flailed and failed long ago).

 

You label me hopeless. I remain confined in desperation, clawing at straws for a chance at revival to what it all used to be.

 

(Family?)

 

Like the ant I remain both in solitude and colony. A neglected guardsman in the great hall of kings. You force me to dance to your tune, the tune of broken nightmares and flustered arrogance. Must I be the cynic now? Ha, flee, madman. I will not humour this jest.

 

Collectively we still encroach on you. Like invisible bullets we move silently to you. Aim for the kill. Efficient. Deadly. The poison in your veins bears no match to us. Within your distain we relish.

 

Mirrors holding your ornate mental vanity shatter around you. Pick up the shards as they scar you deeply on the entrance and exit.

Entry in power.

Exit in terror.

 

Fight us if you wish. Disregard me if you like, I am coming. We are coming.

 

The colony will be upon you.

© 2011 Thomas Roarty


Author's Note

Thomas Roarty
Tell me your interpretations and thoughts :)
Constructive crits only. No shameless bashing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am into the political metaphore in your poem.I believe that we are a billion strong and that is the kind of numbers that it will take to stand up to the global elite.Unfortunatly people today are apathetic,and your powerful poem is doomed to remain just that,a powerful poem.There is not a collective collony that will fend off the giants

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am into the political metaphore in your poem.I believe that we are a billion strong and that is the kind of numbers that it will take to stand up to the global elite.Unfortunatly people today are apathetic,and your powerful poem is doomed to remain just that,a powerful poem.There is not a collective collony that will fend off the giants

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This could actually make a really great song! xD.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This one is my favorite!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Author

Thomas Roarty
Thomas Roarty

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello! My name is Thomas. I am sixteen years of age and I have just began writing for personal pleasure, I hope you enjoy my works :) I'm not 100% positive on how to define my works. Thus far they se.. more..

Writing
Dig. Dig.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fear. Fear.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty