Our Forgotten Truth

Our Forgotten Truth

A Chapter by Timothy G. Britton

Remembering what Happiness Truly is

 

How confused this human race truly is, for we all seek answers when we don't even understand the questions. We look for the solution when we don't even see the problem. We plan out successful, adventurous futures, then we forget how to dream. It's a shame that we will spend most of our life trying to find the answer to being happy. We stumble around in every direction, not even realizing that at one time we did hold so tightly in our hands the answers that we now so desperately seek but we dropped them, walked away from them and never even looked back. If only we could regain the truth of our innocence.

       

            We come to realize that with each step that we take in our life, that we were blinded more and more by a society created by fools. That we are seeking spiritual fulfillment through material things. We judge our happiness according to our worldly possessions. The one thing that we must all come to understand and believe is that all we ever needed in order to be happy already exist within us and it always did. But someone, at some time, convinced us to stop looking at the world through a child’s eyes. We followed in the footsteps of fools.

  

            What if one day we just decide to stop searching for false hope outside of ourselves, and we just turn around and look inside of ourselves for truth? What if we find what we were looking for all along? A simple answer to finding that happiness, to understanding that happiness and accepting it for the simple truth it holds. What if we just start with a simple way of looking and seeing what happiness truly is and with that comes an understanding of what happiness truly is. That happiness is not made, it just is. You have to recognize, realize and understand that happiness was always there, within you, and all this time that you were looking for happiness out there, it was looking for you, like a childhood friend from a much simpler time, when all you really needed to be happy, was the desire and choice to be so.

 

            Somehow, we found ourselves on a road, following a path created by someone else, in search of a happiness that is not even our own. We came to Believing that what we are looking for is our answer to finding our happiness, we came to believe this simply because somewhere along the way this is what we were told. We find ourselves in search of something but somewhere along the way we lose hope of ever truly finding it, of ever truly finding happiness, in the way we are told of finding it. We are told that happiness is found by what in our hands we hold. That happiness is found in those that surround us.

 

Happiness a choice! do not seek happiness in people or possessions. To be truly happy, you don't need other people or material things. Happiness is about being at peace with oneself and in being so, more easily coming up with answers to life, simply because of the state of mind. happiness comes from within. It comes from making wise choices, including choosing to be happy. You can be happy even when things around you are nothing like you would like them to be.

 

Happiness and fulfillment are within your grasp, but sometimes are just out of reach. Understanding what happiness truly is is indeed the first step in finding it more often in life.

 



© 2022 Timothy G. Britton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on September 8, 2018
Last Updated on January 28, 2022


Author

Timothy G. Britton
Timothy G. Britton

White City, OR



About
I am a very creative person, in Art, Photography, and writing poetry, philosophy of sorts and songs. My perspective in regards to all of these talents is that of opening the minds of those who read m.. more..

Writing