Chapter 1: I will try

Chapter 1: I will try

A Chapter by Torilina

My name is Lemone Brooks, and i want to become a writer. I am 17 and  I live in Natalis its that tiny spot under the "A" in Atlantic Ocean , Even though, I'm ready for the world to appreciate  my true talent. That would happen- if I wasn't so shy. Well it doesn't matter . I will make it happen someday.
     I walk towards the Royals cafe.That's  Where  I always am. That's the place where I think best . Plus Evan is there,and you know he sometimes..um.. gives me advice..yea that. He is also my best friend and I hope that will never change.
    Anyway, moving on. Well there's a contest coming up. It's called "Write Away." I want to enter so bad- but I'm scared. How can I share this wonderful talent if I'm too embarrassed for someone to read a single letter of my writing. I don't know how I'll do it it. I have to get my head out of the water. I just might drown.
    Its snowy outside. That's a surprise It's only the beginning of November. " What are you so deep into thought about?" Evan asked with a smile. " C'mon I want to know!"  "I'm thinking if I should enter the write away contest," I replied. "Well, you should. Hasn't always been your dream to become a writer?" he said. "It has and it will become a reality." I say in the spirit. I'm happy Evan encourages me. His  smile , laugh, and every thing. It gets me through the day.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN WRITE ABOUT YOU CAFE ANYMORE?!" I heard a voice scream. " I just can't," Cynthia the store manager said. She's like a sister to me. So of course i had to go on and do something. "Hey!What are you doing? " I questioned. I see two men both of them seemed older than me. One had a bald spot and was wearing
glasses while the other one seemed quite young and around his twenties.
   "Please excuse my client, This is just his hundredth newspaper article and he thought he write it about this cafe," the younger one explained. As I was about to say something but Cynthia started ahead on purpose. "What kind of client is he "she asked? "He's a writer and I 'm his editor! " "Oh really?" she smirked as she looked as she looked at me.
  This is how I know she's up to something! It's that smirk that gives you chills down your spine. "Okay let's make a deal. I will let your client write about my cafe -if -and only you become the editor for my friend Lemone here. She's entering the write away contest and needs someone to make sure she has the best writing ever. So what do you say, is it deal?"  "Deal! " the young one answered "Hey" as he spoke to me "I'm Ryan Fountai and I'll start working with you tomorrow ." I reply with a snarky voice " Your name sounds like it came straight out of a cartoon." "And I suppose your name is any Better Miss Lemony," he teased. " It's. Lemoned - Lemone Brooks. Okay" I said like I was talking to a dog. He looked offended that made me feel better.Don't get me wrong I'm not a sadist okay.It just feels good the last laugh. Ryan and his client left the shop. "Okay he'll be back tomorrow. so be nice. So he can make sure you have the best story for the contest." I replied " I'll try."  
  


© 2013 Torilina


Author's Note

Torilina
please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's good but there are a couple spelling mistakes. Keep on writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Its pretty good and I'm gone be truthful I'll give a 95.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Torilina

10 Years Ago

can you tell me what I need to work on?
Lexi Villanueva

10 Years Ago

Maybe putting a little more detail into the CH.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 12, 2013
Tags: la


Author

Torilina
Torilina

Narnia!, MD



About
IM CRAZY LOVE TO READ LOVE MUSTACHES!! I LOVE SINGING! more..

Writing