THE SHIELD

THE SHIELD

A Chapter by T.Harris
"

We meet the main protagonists Markito Suni and Youki Ochikonde. While hated by their superiors they plan on taking the Shirudo blood line to the next level.

"
On a chilly night in Dekab city the homeless gather around a fire filled barrel like gifts around a Christmas tree. As they warm their hands a ruckus tore past them. Two men, one running for his life and the other in hot pursuit dashed by causing the Fire to wave a bit.

"I'll get you, you son of a b***h". Markito Suni said as he splashed through a puddle of water. Markito, with eyes of hatred began to close in on the man, who huffed and puffed as he began to slow, stumbling into a corner with no way out. Markito, the young bull who barely broke a sweat now had this feeble older man cornered shivering in his drenched casual shoes.

The cornered man with no way out decided to stand and face his persecuter. Like lightning Markito struck with a roundhouse kick sending him back to the ground. Markito slowly approached his weakened pray with a sadistic smile on his face. He stood over his victim blocking the little moonlight that lit the man's worried face. "Any last words?" Markito asked, as he pulled and aimed a dark gray handgun. "No, I'll pay." The man begged with his hands.

The mere sight of someone begging made Markito jump for joy his wicked soul loves it. "You'll pay regardless." Markito put four rounds in the man's chess and went into a trance as the smoke cleared from his fired weapon. He soaked it all up with a big sniff. The cold air mixed with gunpowder and death for him was like water for a whale. Beeeep! A horn sounded bringing Markito out of his trance.

Markito ran back to the street where a black sedan awaited him. Like clock work the car peeled off when he entered. "Well?" Youki Ochikonde asked as he sped down the empty street. Youki is Markito's friend and partner in crime. While Markito is cruel and hot headed, Youki is more laid back and reasonable, a yin yang type of relationship both have come to appreciate.

Markito pulled a stack of large bills from under his letterman jacket. "10 g's he announced." Youki nodded in silence. "10 g's and how much do you think we get?" Said Markito face burning red. Youki growled knowing where this was heading. "That son of a b***h Kenshi" Markito started to yell as Youki shook his head. "I bet we won't see 10 bucks from this. Kenshi, that prick Shin, and that babbling idiot Giorgio are probably sitting back laughing at us right now." Youki just rolled his eyes at his friend's rant, amuned to it by now.

"I mean how could they let a wuss like that run off with 10 grand?" This would never happen if I was---captain, I know I heard this speech before." Youki interrupted sick of hearing it all. "No body has busted their a*s for this organization more than me." Markito boasted. " And that son of a b***h Neo refused to make me a captain." "He's the boss he has his reasons". Youki replied drawing a grimace from Markito. "Reasons my a*s he's a greedy c**t and I know why he's calling this meeting."

Youki gave Markito a long stare indicating shut the hell up. Markito feels the scorn and pipes down. "It's different nowadays", Youki announced once Markito quieted down. "The Emperor wants peace, it keeps the inspectors off our a*s and money in our pockets."

"Tell that to the Sociopaths." Markito rebuttaled referring to the rival gang that has been terrorizing their businesses. "They should've been wiped out." This time Youki could not disagree. Their long and drawn out battle with the Socio's is an embarrassment to the Shirudo bloodline, if word ever got back to the Emperor he may deem the Shirudo bloodline as a failed state, something everyone feared

Youki kept a Stern face not letting Markito see his worry. "It'll work itself out", Youki assured Markito and himself. Markito was no fool, he knew the embarrassment that was unfolding. "The other bloodlines wouldn't stand for this", Markito claimed which pissed Youki off. "Well you're not in the other bloodlines", Youki snapped. " We do as we're told and that's it! Fix your face the Ambassadors might be at this meeting and the last thing we need is a problem with them. Markito sat silent with a devilish grin on his face. He knew this side of Youki better than anyone and he liked it.

In the cold dead of night they arrived to an old iron gate that bared the Shirudo symbol, a shield with two crossed arrows in the middle. The gate slowly opened with slight stagger. "Someone should fix this old s**t", Markito joked. Youki slightly smiled though his mind was on the matter at hand.

As they crept up a long curved drive way the roof of a large mansion appeared. The old Victorian mansion has been the base for the Shirudo bloodline for over 120 years. Legend has it was hand built by the servants of Susuke Akuma, the world class crime Lord who ruled these parts long ago. It's said after the war with the great Emperor Kohn Akuma's bloodline was completely wiped out. Instead of taking the mansion for himself the Emperor Kohn awarded it to his fateful soldiers in Dekab, thus the Shirudo bloodline was born.

A fog fell to the Earth as Youki looked for a good spot to park. There were about twelve cars parked on the grounds of the estate, which was about usual for this kind of meeting. "Looks like the gangs all here", said Markito as he fumble with the stack of money. "keep that covered up", Youki demanded. "This is just a simple gathering of friends, but if they see you with that kind of money the inspectors may have a reason to pay us all a visit." "You think they're watching us?" "Like a hawk watches it's pray."

As the pair exited the car they made their way to the large cement steps of the mansion. At the door they were met by Max Ringo. Ringo a life long and second generation member of the Shirudo clutched his Katana that rested at the waist of his black suit as Youki and Marko approached, a gesture that both men knew to laugh off. While Max's father is a legend and former captain of the Shirudo, Max himself is just dumb muscle with the I.Q of a green bean.

"State your business here." Max spoke with bass and Brawn. Youki and Markito gave each other a look followed by a few chuckles. "You know who we are dufus, you do this everytime", Markito complained. Max pulled them close with concern. "Would you just play along this time they're in there." "Who?" "Who do you think?" Immediately the Ambassadors came into mind. Suddenly Youki felt a bad feeling deep within. The idea of being deemed a failed state seemed more and more apparent. Markito on the other hand was a bit more excited about it as a smirk grew on his face. The chance to stand before the Ambassadors put him one step closer to the Emperor himself.

While the three of them pondered, a group of trees that stood above the tall brick wall that surrounded the estate ruffled in the wind, but it wasn't what it seemed. "What do we have here?" A voice whispered examining the scene. He wore a dark green and black gi and mask that blended in with the trees and darkness of night. Indeed it was a ninja. "Markito Suni, Youki Ochikonde, so everyone’s here, interesting." The ninja seemed to know the pair. He pulled a small device that resembled a twig and began taking pictures.

inside the estate a much more tense conversation was unfolding. On the third floor of the mansion behind a big steel sound proof door sat the conference room or Kaigi Room some called it. A room where only the higher ups of the Shirudo bloodline were allowed to meet. Neo, the boss of the bloodline was literally on his knees sweat pouring from his head.

The Ambassadors had faces of disdain as they stared down at the groveling boss they elected to run the bloodline. The Ambassadors were hand selected by Emperor Kohn himself, and they elected the boss who elects the captains, who then is in control of everything that happens on the street.

The ambassadorsA wore a dark blue traditional samurai armor minus the Kabuto which is the helmet. They sat across an antique oak table that glossed when the light from the chandelier hit it. From right to left the Ambassadors are; Akku Hora, Heinz Yami, Chikao Tero, and Kibishi Lee. Neo was too afraid to look them in the eye. His face pointed towards the woodened floor that shined so much he could see his horrified face in its reflection.

"Terrible!" Heinz Yami was the first to strike. "Imagine my surprise when I saw your numbers for the last six months." "I'm sorry sir", Neo cried, but mercy was not on the menu. "We didn't tell you to speak!" Akku Hora shouted. "What do you have to say for yourself?" Asked Chikao Tero. Kibishi Lee stroked his bushy beard as he watched Neo squirm on the floor. "Now you answer!" Akku Hora shouted. Patience was not a virtue for Akku, but for some reason the other Ambassadors were on edge which was strange to Neo.

Neo cleared his throat before he spoke. "My faithful leaders please forgive my inadequate numbers, but we have been at war for the last year or so." "You think you're the only bloodline at war!" Akku Hora yelled with anger. The Ambassadors shook their heads with displeasure. Neo looked around and realized there was no sympathy to be had. This was more then just the average inspection, his rank was on the line which meant his life as well. Getting deranked and watching a subordinate replace you was the ultimate embarrassment, death was more pleasurable.

Neo decided to rid himself of pity and stand like a man. As he stood the dagger like eyes of the Ambassadors followed with harmful intent. "I screwed up I'll admit, but I'm not out of the fight just yet." "You’re wrong about that", Kibishi Lee interrupted finally breaking his silence. Out of all the Ambassadors Kibishi Lee was the most level headed and the most superior. His word was law among the four.

Neo eyes bucked at Kibishi's words, he thought for sure he was about to get the ax. Face to the floor he awaited his fate. "This gang, the Sociopaths they must want something." Neo looked up with surprise, was Kibishi offering what it sounds Like? "Well answer him", Heinz Yami impatiently added.

"Territory", Neo said with a slight stutter. Kibishi folded his arms and closed his eyes in deep thought. Sweat trickled down his bald head as the other Ambassadors studied him awaiting a final solution. Truth is they did not want to replace Neo. Their reason for calling this meeting was far beyond a few slipped numbers.

Kibishi opened his eyes and unfolded his arms placing them on the table as he leaned forward. "Listen closely", Kibishi said like an announcement, he had everyone’s ear. "You pick a section, something good but not great, you throw them some work. You let them keep their name but they ultimately worker under the Shirudo. It makes them money and keep the heat off us. Neo looked away as he held in a mouth full of words, though it was obviously by the look on his face he didn't like the decision. Giving into such a pruny and unexperienced street gang was like admitting defeat.

"With all due respect", Neo began, but Akku Hora shut him down. "Quiet! You still don't get it do you." "This is not about you", Chikao Tero said taking over. "Behind the back of our Lord Emperor Kohn we have been comparing numbers with the other bloodlines." A look of shock filled Neo's face. Outside of Imperial meetings no-one was allowed to speak about other bloodlines or express anything about each other's business.

"A few weeks ago we were given a hint by the concierge himself", said Chikao. Neo had only met the Concierge once. Each bloodline has its own set of ranking members. The soldiers answer to the captains who answer to the Boss. The Boss answers to the Ambassadors who while they are hand chosen by Emperor Kohn rarely get to speak to him. If they have a problem and need the assistance of the Emperor they must contact a Concierge who acts as a go between for the Emperor and his subordinates. While the Concierge holds the highest rank he makes no decision as he is just a voice and a set of ears for the Emperor .

"The Concierge made a rather harsh statement for a man with little opinion", said Chikao. "As usual we ran across budgets that needed the Emperor's approval. As he took the dockets and looked them over he made a remark." "The smallest body wants the biggest space." "Those words haunted us for weeks, so despite the rules we reached out to friends on the other sides." Chikao shook his head not wanting to express such dishonor.

"We don't compare", Heinz Yami blurted out. "The other bloodlines have at least 650 more soldiers than we do." "Impossible!" Neo shreiked. His eyes nearly left his head thinking about the work he put in and how it barely holds up against the others. "That's not all", Akku Hora added on, this time in a calm voice. "We average over a million dollars a year which I do commend you for, but in legal, health and fire power we almost spend just as much. You're war didn't help those numbers at all.

Finally Neo began to understand. The Ambassadors anger and worry was not misplaced. The Shirudo, the shield of the Empire was nothing but an inferior dot compared to the rest of the Empire, a dot that could be easily erased in minutes. "The war is over, you will get no more strife from me", said Neo as he bowed in submission.

The Ambassadors took Neo's words into consideration. Their sharp expression towards him softened a bit. "We're all apart of this mess", Heinz Yami said with a slight smile. Heinz was the joker of the group. As he sat back in his chair his hair flowed down his back, his hands place on his belly that slightly poked out of his armor, he let out a large laugh that annoyed Akku Hora.

"You should have seen your face", Heinz said to Neo. " You were white as a ghost". "You're gonna make him think this is a joke", said Akku Hora, as the tension flowed back into the room. Akku was the true warrior of the four. The skilled swordsman and once personal assassin for the Emperor has one of the most feared names out on the streets. Looking at him you can see the many battle scars on his face. A long gash goes from his right ear to the center of his forehead and into his scalp. Through his thining hair you can see knots and scars all all over his head.

"Think about this before you relax, Akku said pointing at Neo. Neo nearly swallowed his tongue in fear as Akku's six foot four frame stood. " Failure is not an option. If you screw us over on this I'll kill you myself." Akku meant every word, and Neo knew it. Chikao Tero the quiet one decided to chime in. "I think what Akku is trying to say is this is a very serious matter. The reputation of the Shirudo and possibly it's existence is at stake." Hearing this from Chikao made it feel all too real. Chikao was the articulate one of the group. A former ninja Chikao is legendary for single handedly gathering information on rivals that assured their defeat.

Chikao is a small man compared to Akku, but just as leathel. Rumor has it he's always equipped with several weapons, including the arms of his seeing glasses that also act as blades. "We need to come together", Chikao said continuing his speech. "We are the shield, the first line of defense. If we fail the entire Empire is open for attack. These meaningless wars with inferior groups have to stop, now!"

"Your trust in me restoring our honor will not go in vain", Neo said as he bowed to them. Kibishi Lee stood then so did the others. "It seems our business here has been discussed and understood", said Kibishi. As Neo bowed the Ambassadors took their leave. Akku Hora stopped and stared deep into Neo's eyes, but this wasn't a romantic gesture. Neo could see the countless wars in the eyes of Akku. Burning flesh, severed heads, men screaming in agony, a sight that some one like Neo has never truly seen before. "Don't mess this up", Akku said. His voice was raspy as he leaned in close to Neo. It was clear that Akku didn't have the same faith in Neo as the others.

"They're coming", a high ranking soldier ran in and said. Youki and Markito stood in the large dining room with everyone else mingling. The high ranking soldier's words caused a small panic amongst the Shirudo members. Chatter erupted as most of the low ranking members had barely met Neo let alone an Ambassador. "Take a knee you fools", Max told them as he did the same. In the presence of the Ambassadors all subordinates must take a knee and avoid eye contact unless spoken to.

As the Ambassadors walked by they stop and spoke with the Captains who were more than glad to kiss the Ambassadors a*s. The groveling of the Captains sickened Markito as he watched with indignation. Markito despised every Captain accept Akira Furutsu who was his mentor. As he walked by Akku Hora saw the look on Markito's face. Markito noticed Akku's stare and returned one of his own. Akku's eyes burned blood red from his many battles but Markito's eyes did the same. Akku chuckled as he walked away, he was impressed by Markito.

"What the hell was that?" Youki asked Markito in a whisper. Markito didn't answer he just stared to the floor in deep thought. For the first time he had gotten a full glimpse of an Ambassador and realized these were mere men just like him. The gall inside of him grew ten sizes as he watched the Ambassadors walk out knowing one day he would even rise above them.

Once the Ambassadors were gone the chatter filled the room again. "I can't believe I actually met the Ambassadors", Ken Yoni a low ranking soldier said mesmerized at their sight. Akuno, the self proclaimed assassin of the Shirudo growled at Ken Yoni's words. "You should be honored twerp. It's not everyday unspilled blood like yourself gets to lay eyes on the highest ranking members." Ken took offense to Akuno's words but wouldn't dare challenge him.

"What does he mean by unspilled blood?" Ken whispered to Kazashimo Meiyo. Kaza, he friends called him was about eighteen years old with a face as smooth as a baby's bottom, but don't let the baby face fool you. Assassinating one of his school teachers was his initiation into the Shirudo. "It's the initiation into the high ranking soldier's", Kaza said answering Ken's question. "You receive this initiation once you've spilled enough enemy blood and your owns." "Ahh", Akuno said with a brief applause. "I see someone has been paying attention during the orientations. Ken hung his head in shame, this was the third time this week he's been scolded foe not paying attention.

" Quiet!" One of the Captains Shin Zuki said as Neo appeared on the stairs. His walk was slow and unmotivated. You could tell by the deep look in his eye something was terribly wrong. The room was quiet as everyone stared at Neo with distress. Neo looked around with surprise. Their had to be more than 120 soldier's standing in front of him yet it was so quiet he felt alone. He felt the survival of the Shirudo laid solely on his shoulders, none of his soldiers would agree with or understand the decision he was about to make, "but how could they", he thought to himself. A jolt of anger filled Neo's face. Look at those peasants, he thought to himself. He blamed each and every one of them for making him appear weak in the Ambassadors eyes.

Neo closed his eyes and gathered himself, wiping the disgusted looks of his face. "Good evening", he started as he made his way down the stairs unbuttoning his sports jacket. The captains backed the crowd away to give him some space. "14 years I've been the boss of this bloodline, Neo said as he paced back and forth eyeing all his men. Markito eyed him closely waiting for him to say the wrong thing.

" My father joined the Shirudo when he was just 19 years of age. He married when he was 26 and had three boys and one girl. 46 years in the Shirudo and he died a low ranking soldier." The eyes of everyone widened after hearing that. "The horror", Ken Yoni thought to himself. The most belittling thing to be in the Shirudo is a low level soldier who has no say so or control over his own destiny. "My father broke his back for this bloodline and got nothing in return", Neo said continuing. "I was the only child who followed in his footsteps and he despised me." Neo's face was red with anger just from thinking about. Markito couldn't help but chuckle at it. Youki gave him a little nudge to be quiet. Markito had no sympathy for Neo or his father, they were both weak in Markito's eyes.

"Look at me now!" Neo shouted to the sky. Drawing confused looks from the crowd. "I surpassed my father, and of course I assumed I was better than him. He always told me power is a drug with many enablers. I refuse to listen and now I'm addicted." Neo looked around at his soldiers as sweat poured from his face. He was a scared man trying to spin the truth to make himself the hero. Neo continued his speech seeing how he had everyone pulled in.

"I bit off more than I can chew and I admit defeated." Neo slightly bowed to his invisible victor as everyone looked on still confused. Even the Captains themselves had no idea where thier leader was heading. Neo began to speak about his father once more but Markito had enough of this shenanigans.

"With all due respect what is your point sir?" Everyone looked at Markito with surprise. Even Youki had his mouth wide open not believing what his friend just said. The Captains stared at Markito with evil intent, all except Akira who just shook his head. "You got something you want to add, Markito?" Said Neo, who by now was use to Markito's boisterous ways. Captains Kenshi Sato and Giorgio Heikin stepped up like they were ready for battle. The kiss a*s and rival of Markito, Akuno, clinched his blade and inched close behind Markito. Youki slung out his large arm and cut of Akuno's advances. "This doesn't concern you", Youki told Akuno without looking in his direction.

A slight sweat trickled down the face of Akuno. He weighed the option of going after Markito, but also weighed the amount of damage Youki's first attack would do to him. He knew better than to advance. Markito was in a stare down with Kenshi and Giorgio. Kenshi clutched his throwing knifes that were hidden deep inside the coat of his dark blue suit. Giorgio on the other hand was not as discrete. He vulgarly brandished his Wasp knife around scaring several low ranking soldiers.

Minus Akira the Captains disliked Markito just as much as he disliked them, especially Kenshi and Giorgio. While Kenshi kept a mean yet composed demeanor. Giorgio was loud and aggressive. "You wanna run that by us again?" Giorgio shouted with a great grin. A long time ago Giorgio was a skilled martial artist, but a decade or so of eating donuts and sitting on his a*s has made him a little oversized for his Gi. Markito eyed the Wasp knife Giorgio was holding and knew of it's deadly feature. Once it's inside you a button is pushed and pressure is released causing it to explode. Markito looked over at Kenshi and knew he was clutching his throwing knives he thought no one knew about. Kenshi was soft, he would never make the first move, and Markito knew it.

Markito smiled, he had it all figured out. He knew Akuno, Giorgio's slappy, would position himself behind Markito, but would surely be stopped by Youki. Markito would first charge Kenshi since he'd be too shook to do anything. Second would be Giorgio. Once Kenshi was down Markito would pull his own hidden blade and sling it at the throat of Giorgio, knowing he would be too much of a fat a*s to move quick enough to stop it. After that everyone else would be in shock leaving Neo wide open, and Markito would finally have his shot at greatness.

Markito took his battle stance. He dug his feet into the floor for balance and readied his hands. Kenshi was surprised he was really willing to do battle with them. Ken Yoni was confused by the whole ordeal, while Kaza moved forward to get a better view. Even Youki began to sweat knowing if Markito attacked Akuno would jump into battle then so would he. Giorgio edged a little closer drawing a concerned look from Kenshi. This was all Markito needed, he leaped forward with haste and bloodshed on his mind.

Like lightning Akira Furutsu appeared in front of his young apprentice and grabbed his arm. Akira was the oldest Shirudo who wasn't retired or in prison. Unlike the others he didn't wear a suit, but an all black Gi. He had long gray hair that he kept in a pony tail, and a thick gray mustache. This was the only person who could stop Markito.

"That's enough out of all of you." Shin Zuki demanded. Out the corner of his eye Giorgio gave Shin a slight stare then put away his knife. Kenshi, who's heart pounded and hands shook with nervousness slowly unclinched his throwing knives. He exhaled in relief and so did Youki.

Akira Furutsu let go of Markito once he wiped the foolish look of bloodshed off his face. "This was very foolish of all of you." Akira said, making sure he grimaced at everyone involved, including Youki and Akuno. Akuno snarled as he turned his back and walked away. "We all are a bit on the edge, but turning on each other isn't the way to go", said Shin. "But he stepped to a captain." Giorgio whined like a four year old. Markito chuckled causing Akira to scold him. "That's enough out of you boy! Akira pointed his finger directly into Markito's face his yellowed sharp nails centimeters from Markito's forehead. Markito was practically raised by Akira so he refused to disrespect him.

Markito threw his hands up in submission."I just wanted to know where all this was going that's all." Markito said answering for his actions. Giorgio didn't buy it but bit his tongue out of respect for Shin Zuki. Shin was not hot headed or once a skilled warrior like Giorgio, but because of his brilliance in the business world he made large profits for the Shirudo, earning him the highest respect and the role of Neo's right hand man.

Once things cooled down both Kenshi and Giorgio backed away from Markito. "Next time you want to chime in you show some respect to the Boss", Shin told Markito. Markito nodded agreeing to Shin's terms. Though Shin despised Markito he knew how valuable Markito and Youki were to them and refused to lose them to ego trips and petty arguments.

Markito hated everything about Shin. From his slick back hair to his tailored suits he wore everyday. Shin was no warrior and Markito knew it, but he had the largest following within the blood line so going against him was suicide. Markito bowed to Neo out of respect then backed away to where Youki was standing. Finally the attention had moved back to Neo who had been surprisingly quiet. The truth is Markito was right Neo had no point. His aimless rambling was just to buy time until he thought of a good excuse, but now time is up.

Once he saw he had everyone’s attention again he cleared his throat and continued talking, but this time it was the truth. "My dad once told me; the weak shall inherit the earth and the smart will take what they can and run." Neo took a look around, even the Captains looked confused. "It's over!" Neo blurted out. "This turf war with the Sociopaths must end now." " You want us to send a hit squad to finish them off?" Giorgio asked not understanding what his boss Meant by its over. "NO!" Neo yelled with his head hanging in shame. "The war is over, we can't win so compromise is the only answer." Shock filled the room even Shin was a bit disgusted with Neo's decision.

"And you're sure about this sir?" Shin asked in a shakey voice. He was the only one who could conjure up enough nerve to say it. "This war is meaningless", Neo answered. "We're spending thousands on legal fees and the inspectors are gaining more ground everyday." "Well so are the Socio's", Giorgio bellowed. Neo angrily grimaced at Giorgio for raising his voice. Immediately Giorgio started to grovel. " Forgive me sir", he said showing what little respect he had left for Neo.

"If we surrender what will come of us?" Akira asked, something everyone was thinking. "They can't defeat us either" Neo stated restoring some faith in the heart of his soldiers. "If we drag the fight on we will when the war but we will lose everything else. Our best option is their best option, compromise." Neo watched as every Captain and every soldier considered the idea. To give in to a shrimp sized street gang was the most dishonorable thing you could do in most people's eyes, especially Markito. Markito looked around and notice people were actually considering this. He looked to Youki and was a bit surprised. Youki had his head to the ground and his fist balled riving in anger.

Kenshi broke the silence with an obvious question. "And what will this compromise cost us?" Again all heads turn to Neo. "Our name", Neo responded. "We bring them in under our Moniker. They'll be like a branch of the Shirudo." "Wait a minute", Markito objected. Immediately that uh-oh feeling returned in everyone's head. Youki gave him a look that meant you better not start any thing again. Seeing the tension Markito smiled and threw his hand up. "Relax, it's just a question. I just want to know does that mean we have to share our turf with them?" Neo nodded yes and dismay filled the room with brief chatter. "But we also gain territory and fifty plus soldiers, said Shin Zuki. This put a bit of relief back into the room. Neo smiled knowing Shin was just trying to win over the room for him. "That's correct", Neo agreed.

The Captains all rallied behind their leader though Kaza Knew it was just a front. "I don't know", Kaza whispered to himself. "What was that?" Akuno said over hearing Kaza. Kaza dropped his head in fear, he was sure Akuno would kill him. "Nothing", Kaza whispered hoping no one else would hear and get involved. "That's what I thought", Akuno boasted his superiority. "But I didn't say you were wrong." Kaza looked at Akuno with surprise as he left the room. "Where the hell is he going?" A soldier says referring to Akuno. "You know Akuno has to be a Prima Donna about everything, high ranking soldier Souki Ito said." He's probably wondering if we miss him as we speak."

"So it's settled", Neo announced. "The Captains and I shall discuss further plans in private. As for the rest of you return to your daily activities minus battling the Socio's." Neo gave a hard stare to Markito and Youki since Markito had been named the Socio killer by his peers. Without another word the meeting was adjourned as Neo and his Captains marched off to a private room to discuss the matters at hand. The room began to clear with small groups of soldiers huddling for a brief chat.

"What do you think?" Markito asked Youki who still had a sour look on his face. "What do I think?" Youki repeated. It doesn't matter what I think. "So you agree with me", Markito said with a smile. "Hell no", Youki protested. "You almost got us both killed." Markito shook his head in denial. "I had all three of them. "I would've killed the two then Neo, and you had Akuno, it would've been like clock work." Youki shook his head. "What about everyone else, genius?" That evil smirk returned to Markito's face. "You cut the head off a chicken and it squirms around aimlessly." "What the hell does that mean?" "It means we can take over." Markito said, making sure he whispered so no one could hear.

"Not this again", Youki said rubbing his temples tired of hearing this. "Yes this again." This time there was something different in Markito's eyes and Youki noticed. "My god your serious aren't you?" Youki finally realized Markito's true intentions. "Think about it Youki, you saw even the Captains were disgusted by Neo." Doesn't mean they'll jump behind us, you dolt." "Think again", Markito said as Ken Yoni approached.

"Excuse me", Ken said with a hint of fear. The two ignored him so he said it again with more heart. "Excuse me!" "Beat it brat!" Markito yelled sending Ken Yoni on his way. Markito and Youki finished their conversation. "I guarantee Akira will back us." Markito claimed. "What about the others, don't forget Markito, Giorgio hates your guts and after what you pulled tonight don't be surprised if there isn't a hit squad waiting for you as we speak. Markito brushed off the threat of Giorgio striking him. "Sure Giorgio has a huge following but so does Shin Zuki." Finally Markito started to make since to Youki. His plan was to get in good graces with Shin Zuki, the obviously more powerful and influential Captain.

Youki began to consider Markito's plans but there was still one problem, the Ambassadors. "You can't make these kind of advancements without permission." Youki warned. Markito smiled with a devilish grin. "Naisen", Markito explained sending chills down Youki's back. This means civil war, something that has not taken place in the Kohn Empire in decades.

"Are you crazy!" Youki exclaimed. "What makes you think the Ambassadors will allow such a thing?" Before Markito could explain Kaza appeared in front of them. "Didn't I tell you brats to beat it?" Markito snapped with anger. But Kaza isn't Ken Yoni. Kaza with very dull steady eyes was not phased by Markito's anger and Youki took notice. "This is not a personal visit", Kaza claimed. "Akuno wants to see you outside." As Kaza walked away Youki and Markito wondered was this that hit squad Youki joked about.

Outside on the large steps of the Victorian stood several soldiers. Max Ringo, Kaza, Ken Yoni, George Kurasshu, and Akuno. To Markito's surprised they were not waiting for him. Instead they were mingling amongst themselves with very concerned looks on their face. Whassup? Markito asked with hesitation. The group turned their attention to him then back to themselves. "Keep your voice down and come here", Akuno said calmly. His arms folded, his black hoodie Flopping in the wind. Markito and Youki could tell this was serious as they edged closer.

Akuno let the remaining vehicles filled with soldiers leave before he spoke. "I came out for a smoke, but then I noticed something." "Someone's here", Youki said, drawing a nod out of Akuno. "These two noticed it as well", Akuno said looking at Ken and Kaza. Ken was just happy to be there. George Kurasshu and Max Ringo were head of security. "I don't see anything", George said as he clutched his sword and his gun that were on each side of his hip. "That's because you need your eyes checked you old fool", Akuno said forcing George's forehead to tighten as he scrolled the grounds with his eyes.

Markito was called outside for a reason. With animal instinct he is the best at hunting down targets even Akuno had to admit that. Without moving his head Markito looked around trying not to draw attention. He closed his eyes and focused his sense of hearing. He could hear his fellow soldiers heartbeats but their was one that he didn't recognize. He slowly opened his eyes and whispered. "The trees". Without hesitation Akuno leaped into the air and dove into the trees where the unknown ninja was spying from. His blade sliced through branches like a chainsaw.

"Show off", Markito said out of jealousy. Akuno loved stealing the spotlight from Markito, but this time Akuno was left empty handed. Akuno's jaw dropped with surprise. There was nothing there. The tree top which was obviously a good hiding spot for a spy was completely empty. Disappointed he hopped out of the trees as the others approached. "Nothing", Akuno said dreadfully. "Wrong spot?" Max Ringo asked. George Kurasshu let out a huge laugh with his hands on his hips, and large chess poked out. "Damn Markito looks like you lost your touch." Markito took offense. "Well it was these idiots who said someone was here." Youki noticed the the distraught look in Akuno's eyes.

"NO", Akuno announced. "Someone was there I felt him as I swung my blade. I thought for sure I had him, but then he vanished." Markito gasped. Rival or not one thing Markito respected about Akuno was his speed. Escaping his grasps was not an easy feat. "This is bad", Youki said drawing everyone's attention. "You got something you wanna add Youki?" Markito asked. "The inspectors have gone all out",Youki announced. "The international Police Bureau must be involved because I'm sure that was one of their ninjas."

A silence fell upon the group. Ken and Kaza looked dumbfounded as they have never heard of the I.P.B before. "The international what? Ken asked in a silly tone. George responded in an irritated tone." The International Police Beaureu, and you shouldn't even be here so keep it quiet rug rat. "We should tell the Captains", Youki suggested, but there was no need.

"Tell the Captains what?" Akira Furutsu said, surprising everyone. "Why so jumpy?" "You shouldn't be out here it's comprised, said Markito trying to protect the man who has protected him so many times. Akira stood with his hands behind his back and his eyes closed, and to everyone's surprised he had a smirk on his face." You mean the spy" Akira said shocking everyone. "Of course we know, you didn't think we were that incompetent did you?" Akira looked directly at Markito when he said it.

"Perhaps we shouldn't do this here?" George said looking at Ken and Kaza. Akira shook his. "They're already apart of this so they might as well know. The estate has been being watched for sometime now. Luckily the old Victorian it's self is like a fortress and has never been penetrated, so all they have is outside information, like names and addresses." Youki immediately thought about his wife and young daughter who he kept far away from the life he lived.

"So that's why the Ambassadors were here?" Markito asked. "That and more", Akira answered. Akuno snarled. "I'm going to see Giorgio", he said storming off. Akira briefly showed frustration with Akuno but shook it off quickly. "The rest of you should leave, and try not to worry too much, Akuno has only scared the spy off for a little while, he will change his approach and return." Akira turned back and walked into the Victorian. George and Max continued manning their posts leaving Markito, Youki, Ken, and Kaza to stare at each other awkwardly. Ken started to make small talk but Youki and Markito went their and way and so did Kaza leaving Ken all alone.

As Youki started the car up, Markito smiled at him weirdly. "What?" "Did you see that?" "See what?" "The look that Akira gave Akuno. Obviously Akuno favors Giorgio and Akira doesn't like it." "Yeah, just like we favor Akira, Youki replied." "Exactly", Markito said confusing Youki. "We all favor somebody Markito, doesn't mean we'll double cross the entire fold for them. Besides, I'm the only one crazy enough to follow you into battle." They both shook it off with a laugh as they flew pass Kaza who was slowly walking on the side of the road.

The hood of Kaza's jacket shielded his head from the rain as he stared to the ground in deep thought. Unlike the others he cared nothing about the spy, he had one thing on his mind, money and lots of it. Kaza arrived to a bar and quickly removed his soaked hood as he looked around. The crowd looked rough and filthy. He frowned from the musty smell in the air.

Kaza sat at the bar directly in front of the bartender who dropped a glass when he seen Kaza. The shattering glass grabbed everyone's attention. The bartender shook with fear, as Kaza spoke. "You had three days", Kaza began. The bartender began to panic. Three large muscular men started to approach. "Where's my money"? Kaza said in a calm voice but a deadly facial expression. "Hey", a deep voice interrupted putting a smile on the bartender's face. The large man placed his arm on Kaza's shoulder as the bartender celebrated with his eyes. Kaza evily smirked ending the Bartender's celebration.

With a large force Kaza grabbed the man's hand and threw him behind the bar crashing into bottles of alcohol. Through the sound of breaking glass a woman screamed as more men charged Kaza. Kaza turned to face the men in his fighting stance. Barely eighteen Kaza was fluent in Jujutsu and dared the men to challenge him. A sadistic smile grew on his face when the first man came at him.

These were the type of men who regular practiced and mastered the art of bar fights and laughed at the sight of Kaza who was barely a speck on their shoes. The first man wildly swung a chain that cut the air as it went. He swung the chain downward towards Kaza with a ferocious amount of power crashing into the countertop sending wood in all directions. The bartender ducked in self defense and of course Kaza had already moved out of the way.

Kaza lifted his right leg up and aimed for the man's temple rendering him unconscious on the floor. The next two men attacked in tandem. Kaza quickly strafed out of the way. He blocked a punch with one arm then back handed one man with the other. The man shrieked in pain but Kaza had no time to gloat. The other man dropped to a defensive lineman's stance and tackled Kaza. Both of them crashed through a table sending people running for safety. Kaza quickly used his legs to catapult the man off of him.

The man's large frame finally worked to his disadvantage as Kaza made it back to his feet first. He ran up to the man at full speed as he sat on all fours. Of course the man ducked and Kaza purposely jumped over him. The man sat back up, and unknowingly Kaza awaited to kick him directly in the back of the head. "Don't worry he isn't dead", Kaza announced as two beautiful women stared helpless under a near by table. The man Kaza back handed in the face finally snapped out of his daze. His nose oozed blood, it was evident he had a broken nose. The man Let out an angry cry as he touched his wound. "I'm gonna break you boy! He charged Kaza. Kaza grabbed a chair and swung at the man's legs. The chair splintered as the man went down screaming in pain. As the man forced his way back to his feet Kaza taunted him fiercely. The man ran up and threw a right cross, a left hook, a haymaker, another haymaker, but Kaza easily avoided them all.

Kaza drew back and let loose a devastating blow to the man's abdomen shaking his body like an earthquake. He coughed dousing saliva on Kaza then went down like an imploding tower. Out of the corner of his eye Kaza caught the bartender sneaking up. He swung around with a kick knocking a 357 magnum out of the bartender's hands and into the air. Kaza caught the gun and fired once, the bar went silent.

Everyone looked on in horror as the bartender laid in a pool of his own blood. Kaza shook his head. "I didn't plan on killing someone tonight, but maybe it's for the best." He stepped over the body and went behind the bar counter to find a safety deposit box, of course it wasn't locked. Kaza grabbed all of its contents and tucked it away. Just a few misely grand but Kaza didn't expect much from such a lousy place. He tucked the gun then left without uttering a single word.

Brianne, softly rubbed her impregnated belly as she stirred a stew that simmered on the stove. She hummed a tune taught to her by her grandmother long ago. Kaza could hear her hums from the other side of the door as he limped into the apartment. He fixed his face to a smile as he announced he was home. "Just in time for dinner", she said with a smile. Kaza put the bar fight completely out of his mind as nothing was more important than his wife and his unborn child. He watched her in fascination as she set the table. Their apartment was a one room shack with a linen closet sized bathroom, with no tub just a sink to wash up in. But for a couple of eighteen year old with no parental support this would have to due for now. As Brianne poured stew into his plate she noticed a small cut on his arm, but dared not to ask him about it. As he dug into the stew she watched him with concern as she sat across from him at the table. She didn't know exactly what he did to provide for them, but she had heard all the cruel rumors but chose to etch them out of her head. Instead she thought of the love she has for him, and no one could ever know or understand the man Kazashimo really was.

Kaza wasn't the only one returning home from a long night. "Yo!" Youki yelled as he slammed the door of his apartment. He placed the carryout he brought home on the dining room table. Unlike Kaza's apartment this was not a one room shack. While the kitchen, living and dining rooms were adjoined. The dining room had a buffed wooden floor. The living room had an off white pillow soft carpet. The kitchen had white tiles that glowed with polish. In the dining room was a door leading to a small balcony. In the back were three bedrooms and a nice sized bathroom. It was obvious Youki had done okay in organized crime over the years.

"Shh. You'll wake Yuri", Erika said storming out of the back. Erika Ochikonde, Youki's heart and soul, his wife. Erika stood to the tip of her toes to kiss Youki. "I brought food", Youki said as he removed his leather jacket and placed it on a chair. "Well Yuri's asleep, Erika answered as she removed the rubber band from her hair causing it to fall to her back and shoulders. She sat down at the dining room table and dug through the bag of food. Youki washed his hands then sat next to her. "Markito says hello", Youki sad as he dug in the bag. Erika rolled her eyes drawing a smirk out of Youki. "So what was the meeting about", she asked. Unlike Brianne Erika knew exactly what her husband did for a living. Her father was once a Shirudo, until he was killed when she was a teenager. The lost of a love one at a young age is something both of them had in common. Youki shook his head at his wife's question. "Just the same old b.s, he replied. That was enough for her, she didn't ask anymore questions.

As the cold wind pushed and pulled the dirty dock water Agent Six stood starring deep into the night. He wore a long coat that covered his mouth and a hat that was pulled all the way down, only leaving his nose and eyes visible." Took you long enough", Agent Six said as he starred into the moon's alluring glow. "I had to make sure it was safe", a voice answered coming out of the shadows. The spy that Akuno nearly caught appeared. The top of his gi now replaceed with a black t-shirt though his mouth still covered by a mask.

Agent Six turned to face the mysterious ninja. "I take it something went eerie", Agent Six said observing the ninja. The ninja dropped his head and nodded in agreement. "I was spotted just like you said I would." Agent Six chuckled. "Of course I'm surprised it took this long." "What's next?" The ninja asked. Agent Six had to think for a second. "Don't worry about it right now, he came up with." I guarantee they suspect that your with the I.P.B." The ninja cut in with confusion. "Well aren't I, technically? Agent Six frowned at his words. "Don't be foolish. Though I am an agent of the Bureau, and I'm sure the Shirudo are under investigation this has nothing to do with any of that. What I search for is none of the Bureau's business and neither are you. The ninja nodded agreeing to his terms.. The agent turned back to the water and starred into the distance."Your work is done for now, Gaijin. I'll let you know when phase two will begin." The ninja now known as Gaijin disappeared back into the shadows. Leaving Agent Six alone to further think things through.

shivering and shaking in the cold a group of Men stand in an alley surrounded by roof tops. Huddled in a circle they await a shipment of heavy weaponry. A black van slowly creeps up the alley and comes to a complete stop. Koji, the younger brother of the Sociopaths leader Taz, steps forward. A short and pudgy man quickly hops out of the van and opens the back hatch. On the rooftops a bunch of shadowy figures creep around trying to get into place.

"Took you long enough", said Koji. Koji was the average wanna be thug. He wore a backwards cap baggy jeans and boots. The pudgy fat man was known around as Porky, because of his sweaty pink skin and little fat body. "There's this thing called traffic", Porky said replying to Koji. As Porky reached into the dark van Koji stepped forward to get a better look. His soldiers scanned the surrounding area for anyone who wasn't suppose to be there. What they couldn't see were the large group of masked men that hid amongst all the rooftops, waiting for their chance to strike.

Koji examined several weapons that were in the van, including swords, riffles and grenades. "Those Shirudo's won't know what hit them", Koji said with a devilish grin. "And you're sure your brother won't mind you making such a large purchase?" Porky asked with concern. Koji scoffed at the question. "My brother doesn't have to know every move I make." Koji was mostly reassuring himself. "We'll take it." Koji finalize the deal with a hand shake.

Before another move could be made a card comes soaring through the air striking Porky in the chest. He collapsed as Koji watched in shock. He looked down at Porky's body and seen a two of diamonds playing card stuck into his chest. Koji knew only one group can be responsible for this. "Kado's!" One Socio member screamed as more cards ripped through the air. Kado's, is short for Kado's men, a rival gang ran by the infamous Hugh Kado. Their signature weapons are playing cards reconstructed to cause major damage when thrown through the air at a massive velocity. This technique is achieved through an advanced form of Shiruken training.

Koji tried to run but his baggy pants tripped him up and he collapsed to the ground. As cards sliced through the air all the other Socio's were cut down easily. A dark figure leaped down from the rooftops and approached Koji. Koji had battled with the Kado's before but it was never like this. They were more coordinated and vicious than ever before. "Stay back!, stay back!" Koji shrieked like a child as the dark figure approached. With no other weapon in sight he grabbed a rock and threw it but the dark figure smacked it away. The figure pulled out one last card and aimed at Koji. Finally Koji accepted his fate as he helplessly lay on the ground. "Taz, forgive me." The card sliced through Koji's neck nearly decapitating him. In a corner of the alley one last Socio remains severely wounded. He watched in horror as Koji's blood spilled everywhere, and feared he would be next. The dark figure turned it's attention to him, then quickly dashed up a building and disappeared into the night.

The next morning the sun shined with promise and the birds chirped with hope. The signs of last night's bloodshed now mere memories on the morning news. Youki is awaken by the sound of a phone screaming for his attention. "Hello?" He answered in a groggy voice. A few seconds into the phone call Youki raised up with sudden angst. "I'm on my way", Youki said in a hurry. Youki quickly got dressed bypassing his morning shower. Erika and his daughter Yuri were in the kitchen fixing breakfast. "We're making pancakes daddy" Yuri announced we glee. Youki smiled trying to hide his angst. "I'm sorry but I'll have to take a rain check, but I promise I'll be back soon." He hugged his daughter and kissed his wife then hurried out the door.

Markito was meditating when he got the call from Youki. The news created a problem, especially for Markito. He looked around his dark apartment. The blinds remained closed, the walls were charcoal black and Markito preferred it that way, for this very reason. There were only two ways in or out the apartment, the front door and the windows. Markito walked to a corner of the apartment and pushed back a byobu screen. Several assault rifles leaned against the wall, mostly A.K 47 variants. Markito grabbed a thin steel plated battle armor and slipped it on. It wasn't much just enough to protect his torso. He threw on his letterman jacket and buttoned it up, the build of the jacket had completely hidden the armor. On the countertop in the Kitchen sat a row of pistols. He grabbed the 45 caliber USP and tucked it inside a hidden holster in his jacket. A horn beeped outside which startled Markito. He looked out the window to see Youki's black sedan parked outside. Youki pulled off and veered around the the corner. He came to screeching halt in an alley behind a diner where Markito was waiting. "You're finally catching up", Markito said as he got in. Youki quickly sped off.

"First we need to talk", Youki said. Markito could see the seriousness in Youki's eyes. "It wasn't me", Markito said before Youki could ask. "I know that much", Youki responded. "On the way over here I heard the news on the radio. They said it was some kind of ambush by the Kado's." Markito was surprised. The two gangs were not friends but they had no reason to beef. The Shirudo's ran the city of Dekab but there were still many small gangs in the area. Some allies of the Shirudo some not. The biggest of these gangs were the Sociopaths who controlled territory in the south west, and the Kado's who controlled territory in the northeast of the city. What could have possibly transpired for them to meet so gruesomely.

"Seriously", Youki said trying to convince Markito. They found throwing cards at the scene. "Hmm", Markito said to himself. "What does that mean?" Youki asked. Markito shook head. "It doesn't matter what I think. Neo is the one that needs convincing." "Yeah", Youki said cutting in. "And don't forget about Taz. The last time you seen his brother you told him you were going to kill him." Markito turned his nose up and looked away. "Oh please, I dare him to step to me." Youki didn't buy Markito's tough guy act. He knew Markito was worried, and should be.

When Youki and Markito arrived at the old Victorian mansion they were met at the door by Max Ringo. "Is it true?" Max whispered leaning into Markito. Markito could smell the bean burrito on Max's breath, as he pushed away and fanned his face. "Is what true?" Markito pretended not to know what Max was talking about. George Kurasshu cleared his throat to get their attention. George wasn't his usual goofy self. His soft watery eyes were now still with harsh intent. It was day out so both George and Max had their swords hidden, but you could see their nine millimeters poking out of their hips. "Follow me", George said earnestly.

George led both Youki and Markito to Neo's office. The mansion was much more quiet than last night. Due to heavy police surveillance over the years the old Victorian is more like a place to briefly meet than a regular hang out. Infact, the maids and cooks spent more time there than anyone else. The Ambassadors hated this, but as long as the Boss or any Captain was there at all times they weren't breaking any rules.

Outside of Neo's office Souki Ito awaited with a huge smile. "I hear you've been a busy boy", said Souki. Markito ignored him with an eye roll. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" George said surprising Souki with his seriousness. Souki grunted to himself then quickly hurried off. George opened the door of the office and Markito entered followed by Youki.

Neo and his Captains were having a heated debate. The slam of the door behind Youki snatched their attention. "Well, well", Kenshi Sato said. Markito gritted his teeth at Kenshi. He pulled Kenshi's card last night and he could tell Kenshi had a long memory. Akira Furutsu was seated in front of Neo's desk and turned to face Markito with a grin and a head nod. Markito knew Akira would be on his side. But what about the others? That fat a*****e Giorgio sat in a chair against the wall and evily eyed Markito. Originally Kenshi was seated next to Akira but decided to send a message by sitting next to Giorgio. Of course Markito knew those two apposed him, but then there was Shin Zuki. Shin sat on the edge of Neo's desk popping peanuts in his mouth. "How daring?" Markito thought to himself. Anyone else would be punished for such an act, but not Shin. Markito knew if he was going to get out of this unscathed he needed Shin on his side.

Neo looked at Youki and then back at Markito. Youki was sweating bullets but not in fear for himself. He worried about Markito's fate. He didn’t think Markito did it, this was just too convenient. Neo began by addressing Youki. "I would let you leave Youki, but I think you're invested in this matter as well." Youki silently nodded in agreement. "It wasnt me", Markito blurted out. Both Giorgio and Kenshi laughed in denial.

Neo took Markito's words into consideration, then he glanced at Akira then back at Markito. "Do you remember what I said last night.?" Markito nearly snapped at Neo's question. He hated being bashed like this, especially by people he could kill in an instant. "Of course", Markito forced himself to say, restraining his anger. "Don't they call you the Socio slayer?" Giorgio asked balefully. It was clear now to Markito. Neo was the judge and Giorgio was the prosecutor. The only question was who's fighting in Markito's defense.

"I didn't kill Koji, Markito said as his anger rised. The reddened face and the bulging veins in Markito's forehead caught Shin's attention. "Why should we believe you!" Giorgio yelled. Before Youki could stop him Markito pulled his blade and aimed it at Giorgio. Kenshi flinched but Giorgio didn't move a muscle, though his face filled with worry, as it should be. Everyone in that room knew Markito was crazy enough to kill Giorgio, regardless the consequences.

"I kill with knives and guns, not cards." Markito said as Youki grabbed his shoulder. Markito snatched away from Youki and put away his blade. Giorgio's worried face turned to a smile. "My point is proven", Giorgio said with surety. He sat back with his arms folded like he just completed a complicated task. Markito knew he had screwed up but he'd rather be dead than disrespected. Akira shook his head with displeasure. "Markito", he said with a sigh. "No matter how many times I've told you about swallowing your pride you just don't get it."

Shin smiled at Markito's outburst, but Neo didn't see anything funny. "This is exactly why you're in this mess in the first place Markito, Neo said as he stood. "If you weren't so insubordinate we would never have to accuse you of acts that are conflicts of interest to our demands." Neo was now standing in Markito's face, his cheap Cologne burning the hairs in Markito's nose. Everyone's heart skipped a beat as they wondered how Markito would handle Neo's criticism.

Neo and Markito stood eye to eye as a silence filled the room. Markito looked like he wanted to strangle Neo, and Neo returned that look. Youki wiped his forehead then peeped over at Akira. Of all the years Youki has known Akira this is the first time he ever wore a look of absence, like he didn't know what to expect. Markito swallowed then spoke in a low raspy tone like his pride was stuck in his throat. "I was home all night", Markito said with hatred in his eyes. "I didn't kill Koji, the evidence shows it was the Kado's." Neo stared back at Markito with hatred eyes and matched his tone. "I'm aware of the evidence", Neo said. Youki realized this time Markito had bitten off more than he could chew. Judging by the heinous look in Neo's eyes and the satisfied look on Giorgio's face Markito was facing his execution or at least a deranking.

"I believe him", a voice said cutting through the tension. All eyes turned to Shin Zuki, who had sat silent until now. "The boy is right, it doesn't add up." Giorgio frowned at Shin's words. Shin stroked his chin in thought as everyone watched. Markito smiled inside. "Somewhere there is a God", Markito thought to himself. Neo curiously stared back at Shin. Youki exhaled in relief as Akira did the same. Without turning his head Markito moved his eyes around the room. He saw how Shin changed the tone with just a few words. Even if someone disagreed, no one dared to intervened.

"The evidence works in the kid's favor", Shin continued. "Let be real, personal feeling aside did we have any real reason to believe Markito was responsible?" Everyone considered their personal vendetta against Markito could be the driving force for accusing him except Giorgio. Giorgio turned his nose up and ignored Shin. Shin stood and paced around the room, all eyes following behind him. "It's clear we have a problem here and it isn't Markito's insubordination." Shin's words drew frowns out of Giorgio and Kenshi. "For what ever reason the Kado's want a war with the Socio's." Everyone took in this bit of information. Everyone was so worried about taking the blame that they never considered a war between the two gangs. "He's right", Akira added. "Two gangs from opposite sides of the city with only one place to meet, our turf."

A low grunt filled the room. "We'll be blamed for this by the I.P.B surely", Kenshi said adding more worry to the occasion. Giorgio flashed a devilish grin as he made a proposal. "Unless", he said followed by a pause. Once the attention was all his Giorgio continued. "We strike that truce with the Socio's now and quickly dissolve the Kado's in one big swoop. "But war is what we're trying to avoid in the first place", Neo reasoned but no one was trying to hear that. "We can't keep p***y footing around, Akira said in a powerful tone he has never taken with Neo. "He's right", Shin agreed. Kenshi also agreed with a head nod. "This is a nightmare", Neo thought to himself." One by one his Captains were turning on him.

Again Neo's leadership was in question. When dictatorship fails go with the popular vote. Neo agreed with a nod of the head. Neo stepped close to Markito's ear so only he could hear. "You made it through this time Markito Suni." Markito smiled and took that as a challenge. Neo walked back to his desk and sat. He picked up his polished black antique telephone and placed a call.

"I fold." A man said slamming his cards down on the table. On the highest floor of some crappy building an intense game of poker was going on. Five men sweating bullets around a table trying to keep their poker faces as ten g's waited to be claimed by the victor. On the lobby floor were two armed guards who waited by the front entrance as Ken Yoni entered. "Stop", one guard said practically flexing his muscles. "I'm on the list", Ken said giving the guards a good laugh. "How old are you, twelve?" One guard said as the other put his hand on top of Ken's head and scrambled his hair. "You go home and play, grow a few inches and then we can talk." Ken grabbed the guard by the arm and slung him to the floor. The other guard grabbed for his gun but was too slow. Ken kicked the gun away then kicked the guard in the gut sending him to the floor. Ken pounded the guard until he stopped moving. The other guard Ken tossed was back on his feet now. Bang! The acoustics of the building's corridor caused the gunshot to echoe like a bomb went off. The guard's brains carpeted the ground as Kaza held the smoking gun.

"I thought we agreed you would wait for me?" Kaza said as they started for the stairs. "I got bored", Ken replied. The gunshot did little to affect the card game upstairs as the players paused for a second then continued their card game. "Don't worry Big Roy is right outside", one mean looking man said with confidence. Paw was his name. He wore white stained t-shirt with a checkered unbutton shirt thrown over it. The room reeked from the smell of his half smoked cigar that dangled from his mouth as he talked. "Raise", Paw said adding a few bucks. All the men folded except for one, a scared looking skinny dude who was gambling with his children's college funds. "Call", the skinny man nervously said adding a few bucks.

Paw looked around with laughter. The other men nervously smiled back, they knew Paw wasn't in a mood to lose today and would rather fake bad hands than to deal with his wrath. "Raise", Paw said again throwing a few more dollars in. The skinny man started to gather his nerves as he shouted "all in", pushing everything he had to the pot. Paw laughed as the other players looked around with nervousness. "I like my eggs in one basket", Paw said pushing all his earning to the pot. "Full house" Paw said dropping his cards. The cigar nearly fell as he laughed hysterically. "No so fast", said the skinny man. "A flush can beat a full house if it's royal right?" He surprised the whole table by showing a royal flush pulling all the winnings to his side of the table.

All the other men became unsettled as Paw smiled sadistically. They knew the last man that beat Paw when he didn't want to be beaten left with a pocket full of money but no hands. Paw reached under the table where a hatchet waited. "Roy can you come her for a sec?" Paw screamed as he starred at the skinny man counting his riches. Before Paw could react bullets flew through the door causing the men to duck. The door collapsed with Roy on top of it shot to death. Kaza and Ken ran in guns blazing killing all the men accept Paw.

"Wait, please", Paw begged on the floor as they approached. "All illegal card games must be authorized and taxed on Shirudo turf", Kaza said with no empathy. "But it's just a little card game", Paw cried. "Rules are rules", Kaza coldly replied. "Hey", Ken said snatching the attention smiling from ear to ear. "Who had the royal flush?" Paw quickly tried to pull the hatchet while Kaza was distracted. He swung out with all his might hoping to land a hit. To his surprised Kaza was one step ahead and jumped, completely dodging the attack. "Foolish Kaza said as he kicked the knife out of Paw's hand. Paw gasped in pure shock. Kaza was completely distracted yet dodged his attack with ease.

"And to think I was going to let you live", Kaza said aiming his gun at Paw. "Wait", Ken Yoni interrupted. "Don't forget why we're really here." Kaza nodded and shot Paw in the leg. Paw screamed in agony as the two dashed out of the building. Once outside the pair stopped and glanced at the building. "Does it have to be done a certain way?" Ken asked. "Not really", Kaza replied. Kaza pulled the pin of a grenade and tossed it through a window of a the building. A huge light then explosion shook the area. By time people were aware Kaza and Ken were no where in sight.

Hasura Fuko, impatiently waited in the abandoned train station. He stared at his watch, and pounded his foot. Finally Kaza and Ken showed their faces. "About time!" Hasura said as they jumped from top of an old train car. Hasura Fuko was known throughout the Shirudo as a cheap hustler who'd try to sale leaves to a tree or would even steal his grandmother's dentures just to sell them back to her. Hasura was known to cheat at anything, including Solitaire, tic-tac toe and memory match. The only benefit young Shirudo's got from dealing with him is he's the god son of Shin Zuki. Getting in good with Hasura meant getting in good with Shin, and of course Hasura knew this and used it to his advantage.

"It's done, that's all that matters", Kaza said in an angry mood. "What's eating you?" Hasura asked. "Nothing", Ken Yoni replied for Kaza. "That's just how he is." Ken pulled Kaza to the side and whispered. "Are you crazy, he's our foot in the door." Kaza looked over at Hasura. He wore thick black sunglasses even though there was no sun. His hair was nappy and his goatee needed combing. His beige sports coat smelled like vomit and vodka, he pants were obviously the best part of his attire. "Yeah he's my foot in the door",Kaza said sardonically. "He's close to Shin Zuki", Ken claimed. "Souki said he could help us get promoted". Kaza looked horrified. "Souki?!" Kaza laughed so hard he nearly choked. "I'm sure Souki's somewhere laughing it up right now."

Kaza set his attention to Hasura who looked a bit frightened. "We're done helping you with your scams." "Scams?" Hasura felt insulted. "I'll have you know those thugs were squatting in my grandmother's building." "Bullshit, Kaza said, and he was right. Grandmother was just code word for some poor b*****d he cheated out of their fortune. "When that insurance check comes in we want our cut got it?" Kaza laid the law and Ken Yoni agreed, even though he was too afraid to show it. Backed in a corner Hasura obliged. "Alright, alright", he snarled. Damn these kids are getting smarter", he thought to himself. "But there is one more thing", Hasura announced. Judging by the seriousness in Hasura's voice this was not another scam. "I heard from Shin and there might be a need for you two later." Kaza and Ken gave each other a look of venture. "No B.S?" Ken asked. Hasura shook his head. "You wanted me to open the door for you, there you go. Take it or leave it."

"Here we are", Youki announced. Youki and Markito pulled up to an old abandoned sky scrapper that once was a beautiful apartment complex. Markito scaled the top of the building with his eyes and was shocked to see four dots at the top, he was sure they were armed guards. "S**t", Markito said to Youki. "This doesn't feel right." Youki agreed but decided not to show his concern. Instead Youki grabbed a few small daggers and tucked them away in his jacket. "I doubt they let us carry guns, Youki admitted. Markito nodded and continued his review of the tower. There was no security breach Markito could find. Though the abandoned building lacked windows the skyscraper was too high to climb, and then there were the snipers. Even with a rifle Markito wasn't sure he could reach them, though they could pick him off easily. Markito didn't imagine the Socios would have their s**t together like this.

An all black truck pulled into the barren property and parked behind Youki." That's them", Youki said hopping out of the car. Markito on the other hand was a little more timid. He slowly got out checking his surroundings for any sudden movements. Two high ranking soldiers got out the front of the truck, then Akuno and Akira Furutsu followed behind. "Who invited You?" Markito said to Akuno with a twisted face. "I'm here to clean up your mess", Akuno replied. "Silence!" Akira shouted. He wasn't in the mood to deal with their bickering. "You two", Akira said to the high ranking soldiers. "Scan the area for any traps."

"The two soldiers scouted the area as quickly as they could. The area was mostly dirt except for the skyscraper. The once beautiful high rise was cleared for demolition years ago but due to financial strains it was canceled. A giant electrical fence surrounded the place but apparently that didn't keep the Socios out. Once the area was cleared safe Akira whistled and threw up a hand signal. A black armor truck appeared and everyone knew it was Neo.

" Here comes your highness", Markito said sarcastically. Akira gave Markito a dirty look as two soldiers hopped out of the armor truck. Akuno was first to greet them. "Who does he think he is?" Markito asked. "Not now", Youki replied. Worry lines started to grow on Youki's face as the seriousness of the situation became more apparent. Just a few weeks ago Youki and Markito had killed a Socio for selling goods on the wrone turf and now they were making peace with each other. Youki felt ill as Markito's thoughts started to sneak into his head. Perhaps they all are insane for going along with this plan.
Maybe Neo isn't fit to be the boss anymore, sometimes change has to come.

As Akuno spoke to the soldiers Akira noticed something was wrong with Youki. Ever since the meeting from earlier Youki had been pale and sweating profusely. "You okay?" Akira asked Youki. Markito took his eyes off Akuno and joined in on Akira's concern. Youki smiled as he held his head up and his chess out. "I'm fine." At this moment the back doors of the armor truck swung open. Two soldiers appeared followed by Neo.

Markito scoffed when he saw the boss. "Look at him all high and mighty." Markito said after spitting at the ground. "That type of disrespect has to end", Akira warned Markito. Of course Markito wasn't about to back down. "And why isn't Giorgio here, it is his plan after all." "This meeting is the equivalent of taking a bag of eggs and throwing it against the wall", Akira explained. "We don't want to risk losing them all at once." "Sounds like you have doubts of your own, Markito said with a smirk. Youki realized Markito was back to his plotting, and after the standoff with Giorgio earlier his days in the Shirudo were truly numbered.

Akira looked to both Youki and Markito and saw that their facial expressions hid the same secret. "Alright, was on going on?" He asked. Youki looked to Markito, and Markito looked to Youki. Could they trust Akira with their secret? Even Markito stumbled to find the words needed to express such a bold act. "Perhaps this is one of those thoughts no one should know", Akira said coming to his own conclusion. Akira walked over to Neo at the pace you'd expect a sixty-five year old man to walk at. Youki and Markito gave each other a puzzling stare. Did Akira just give up on knowing their secret? Or did he figure it out and basically tell them to keep it to themselves?

After a few seconds Akira waved everyone over to rally around Neo. All together there was Markito, Youki, Akuno, Akira, Neo and six other soldiers, making eleven total. "I hope you're all ready", was Neo's first words. Anyone with a pulse and a pair of eyes could see Neo had no confidence in this. It wasn't even his idea, he was out voted and here they are. "Who's going to do the talking?" Markito boldly asked. Neo was clearly bothered by the question and Markito knew it as he smiled innocently. "Me of course, Neo said with hatred in his voice. The two stared at each other with blood thirsty eyes. Both of them knew Markito would be dead if it wasn't for Shin Zuki.

Akira felt it was necessary to jump in-between Neo and Markito, at least for now. "We know the plan let's just get it over with", he said as he tapped Youki on the shoulder. Youki waited for Akira to give him a command but instead Akira looked to Neo and the two began to walk towards the front entrance of the skyscraper. "They know we're here", Akuno announced looking up at the building. "The snipers had been watching the whole time", and he was right. On the top of the building four masked men stood at each corner of the building. They wore all black and harnessed bolt-action rifles that steadily aimed in the Shirudo's direction. One of the snipers pulled a radio as the Shirudo approached. "Their finally done standing around." "Good", a voice replied.

The large metal doors that blocked the entrance opened up kicking dust as they moved. Akuno was impressed. "Nice get up for such a raggedy place, he said, and Akira agreed. "We completely under estimated their intelligence", Akira admitted. Markito's face grew angry as a familiar site appeared. A dusty hoodie with a skull and bones design on the front, a tomahawk dangling from the waste, and the most horrific site of it all was the buta mask. The buta mask was a pigs head that was completely gutted so it can be warn as a masked or helmet. This was the attire of the Sociopaths.

The Shirudo's frowned at the Socio's site but swallowed their disdain. "You know why we're here", Neo dully pointed out. Through his mask you could hear a muffled chuckle as the Socio turned around and disappeared into the building. The Shirudos all looked at each other not knowing what to do. Finally Youki manned up and stepped into the darkness, followed by Markito and then the rest of them. Once inside Youki gasped at the sight. You could see straight up to the top of the building, it was like the center of the floors were gutted out. Markito was in awe as their was Socios on all the floors peering down at him. Even Akuno was a bit disturbed. Akira and Neo expected this much. They knew the bee hive would be full and ready sting if necessary.

"This building has changed alot in the last forty years", Akira said trying to lighten the mood. A loud mechanical sound had the Shirudos on their heels as the Socios laughed at their jitters. A platform moved from the very top of the building to the lobby. A grand entrance. "Taz", Markito announced. Outside of Markito none of the Shirudos had seen Taz before. Tazawa or Taz, had been the leader of the Sociopaths since the original leader was killed by police. Taz ran the Sociopaths with an iron fist. In the fours years he's been the leader the gang has more than doubled in size.

Taz wore a black sweater with the skull and bones print on the front but no mask. Standing next to him was his right hand Reji, and his top killer Loco was at least responsible for three Shirudo deaths. Like a pit bull Loco nearly flew off the handle when he seen Markito. Reji, wearing an all black tuxedo and a clowns mask grabbed Loco and pulled him back. "There will be none of that", Reji said in a proper tone. The Shirudos looked a bit freaked, they had never seen such odd gangsters in their lives. Loco wore black and white face paint, a bullet proof vest, black jeans and a crooked smile only a mother could love.

After taking it all in Akuno found them rather interesting. "And here I expected the higher ranking members of the Sociopaths to look as foolish as the rest of them." Akuno's words snatched the attention from Markito and the Sociopaths set their sights on him. "Are you Neo?" Taz asked. "Then shut up", Taz said answering his own question. After just losing his brother he was in no mood to play. Once Taz spoke the chatter that climbed through the building ceased to exist. He had the full respect of his soldiers, and the Shirudo suddenly realized for the first time in this war they did not have the upper hand. "Meeting on neutral turf seems like a good idea right now", one of the Shirudo soldiers whispered. Youki thought about his wife and daughter, and the promise he made to them. He was determined to make it back to them even if he had to claw his way out of here.

"Finally like a fearless leader Neo stepped forward. Taz did the same. The two faced off with everyone's eyes glued to them like a pay per view fight. Markito looked around and tried to think of a battle plan if needed. Sure they could kill Taz, but then there was that freak Reji and that real sociopath Loco. Surely Youki and Akuno could handle those two but what about the rest of them? Markito looked over to Akuno and he was even more distraught than Markito. Both of them knew there was no way to forcefully get out of here alive. But Neo figured this out immediately.

"First things first", Neo said. Everyone flinched just a little as his voice echoed through the quiet building. "I'm sorry for your lost." Taz glanced over at Markito then back at Neo. "Neo Otunga", Taz said with a smirk. "What brings you into the asylum?" At the mention of the asylum the Sociopaths go crazy, rooting, cheering and banging on anything they can find. At the snap of Taz's finger they went completely silent. Even Akira, a man that has been around forever was baffled. "How can one man completely control such a rowdy group", he thought.

Neo had a gapping smile on his face, which was probably masking his fear. "See that right there is why I'm here", Neo claimed. "You have alot of potential here Tazawa." Taz chuckled as he shook his head. "You are as shady as an oak tree in the summer time", said Taz. "What do you want old man?" "Like I said over the phone a truce", Neo replied. A small shock ran through the Sociopaths as this was the first time most of them have heard this news. Taz looked back at Reji who wore a blank expression. "Shirudos don't do truces", Taz said. The Shirudos laughed as they couldn't deny this fact. "But things are different now", Neo said with sincerity. "How so?" Taz asked as he began pace back and forth studying the Shirudos, especially Markito. Markito kept his cool though everyone expected him to lose it.

"This war will cost us all", Neo explained. "Hospital fees, weaponry fees, bribes for the local police." Taz agreed as he nodded his head. "Surely you've lost money in these last few months?" "Of course", Taz agreed. "But not as much as we would lose if we give in to you", Taz claimed. "We know not to trust you Shirudos. You're just like any big company, buy out the little guy because you don't got time to war with him then completely shelf his product once you own it." Neo was a bit taken back by the comment. Infact buying the Sociopaths and basically shelving them is what he planned to do.

Akira noticed Neo's loss of words. Akira, the veteran of the Shirudos had been through three bosses in his life time and Neo was by far the least sufficient. Neo was not great at negotiations as most of his deals were done by Shin Zuki. If this was going to work Akira would have to be the one to see it through. Akira cleared his throat as he stepped forward. "Alright, you don't trust us we get it", Akira said. Taz curiously shifted his attention to Akira. Neo frowned but chose to let Akira speak.

"We all need to learn to coexist", Akira explained. "If we continue to fight we all know who will win." The Sociopaths grunted at Akira's words. The Shirudo nervously looked around as civil unrest filled the building. "He better have a point", Akuno whispered. Even Youki and Markito were skeptical of Akira's intentions. Taz however understood exactly what Akira's was hinting at. Taz knew a drawn out battle with the Shirudos would end in defeat. Unlike the other Sociopaths Taz knew all about Kohn's Empire and it's power. This whole war was about territory and respect, but for the first time Taz was unsure if this was really worth it.

Akira studied Taz and knew his back was against the wall. If peace was made they would walk out of there alive, if it wasn't the Sociopaths would have no choice but to kill them. Akira smiled as he exhaled. "What's your offer, what do you want?" Akira asked surprising everyone. Neo was furious with Akira but again he chose to keep his silence. Taz looked back at Reji and Reji nodded. Taz turned back to Akira and frowned. "For starters I want my brother’s killer." Everyone turned their attention to Markito. Markito felt like a ten thousand watt light bulb was shining down on him. With no other chose and against Neo's wishes Markito spoke. "I didn't kill your brother", Markito claimed. Akuno slowly readied a blade that hid under his sleeve as he could hear and see Sociopaths fidgeting with their tomahawks.

Taz walked forward as he responded to Markito. "So you say, but I have no reason to believe you Markito." Markito walked forward. Loco violently stepped off the platform but Taz signaled for him to stay away. "The Kado's killed your brother", Markito claimed. "Why?" Taz asked as he stepped all the way in Markito's face. The two stared in each other's eyes and there was no doubt they wanted to kill each other. "There's no way for me to know why they killed your brother, but the evidence points in their direction." "I'm aware of that", Taz responded. "Then stop blaming it on me", Markito said with a sour face. "But if you want revenge on the Kado's I can give you that." Suddenly Taz was intrigued by Markito's words. "That's right", Akira, agreed. "Free of charge we will help you defeat the Kado's."

Taz looked back at Reji but he didn't give any verbal or physical reactions. Taz paced back and forth in deep thought. Akuno couldn't help but smile, the plan was working just like Giorgio said it would. "You're off the hook for now", Taz said pointing to Markito. The Shirudos exhaled in relief as it seemed they would be going home alive and not in a pine box. Taz looked to Neo with eyes full of intensity. "I want Kado to admit to it himself", Taz said sticking out his hand. Neo shook his hand, with no hesitation. "Once this matter is done then we'll discuss the rest", Neo said finally breaking his silence. "We do it tonight", Markito announced. Taz who still hated Markito nodded as he signaled to his troops. Youki noticed the evil look Neo was giving Akira. Surely Akira knew the consequences of embarrassing the boss, but why did he decide to do it all of a sudden.

The night was cold and the wind was sharp as a Katana. "Perfect", Hasura Fuko said as him, Ken Yoni and Kaza hid against a cooling tower dressed in all black. The Kado's base was an abandoned nuclear plant that sat by the river outside of town. All together there was six facilities on the property and they were sure Kado himself was in the largest building that sat in the middle guarded by the others. "I don't see any guards", Ken Yoni said as he examined the area. "Stop being such a noob", Hasura teased. "Prepare for what you can't see."

on the hill over looking the nuclear plant several Shirudos were waiting to strike. "So why are we doing this again?" Souki Ito asked. "Because we were told to", George Kurasshu brutally explained. George was in charge of a group of ten Shirudos who were ordered to strike only after a signal is given by Hasura. George didn't know much about this mission other than it was a joint attack with the Sociopaths which made most Shirudos uncomfortable.

Tall grass and marsh sat on the east and west side of the plant where more Shirudos waited. "This stuff is disgusting", Max Ringo cried. "Quit your whining", Youki said as he struggled to crawl through the marsh. The north side of the plant was the entrance and no Shirudo waited there. The whole property was surrounded by a thirty foot fence except the south because that was all contaminated river water, but that didn't stop the Socio's. A bubble formed in the water, than another and another until thirty Socio's led by Loco rose from the depths of the river and climbed up the mountain of dirt that separated the property from the water.

A truck came roaring down the road. "It's time", George Kurasshu said as he watched it speed towards the fence. Markito and Akuno were in the cab of the truck. "This better work", Akuno said as the fence was in their site. The truck crashed through the fence and alarms sounded. The truck smashed into a small building and exploded. By this time Akuno and Markito had already jumped out, and the battle was on. It didn't take long for the Kado's to respond. "Intruders!" The Kado's yelled as they ran into battle. The Kado's attire was rather bland. They wore black, mostly ninja Gi. Akuno and Markito were the first to learn why the Kado's were so unique.

"Watch out!" Markito yelled as playing cards ripped through the air like Shirukens. Akuno shouted with pain as one nicked him a little. Both Markito and Akuno dashed for cover as more Kado's approached. By now Youki's squad had scaled the fence and pounced on the Kado's that chases after Markito and Akuno. Finally Hasura signaled for George Kurasshu to attack. "It's time",George said bumping his knuckles together. As his troops rushed to battle George had his own technique. With his super strength he grabbed cinder-blocks and tosser them through the air. One by one they crashed into Kado's breaking bones and even beheading foes.

Ken Yoni was a bit tremulous watching the battle unfold. "You guys ready?" Hasura asked as he revealed his hidden Katana. In a battle like this guns could be used but it was more honorable to fight hand to hand or with weapons that took time and skill to master. Kaza pulled two small blades and readied himself for battle. Ken Yoni froze from fear as he watched a Shirudo get his throat slashed with a card. "Don't punk out on me now!" Hasura demanded. "He's fine", Kaza said intervening. He handed Ken a blade and suddenly Ken's confidence returned. The three of them dashed off to their objective killing any Kado that got I their way.

Markito made his way up the side of one of the small buildings. He busted through the top floor window and quickly killed three Kado's who was trying to gather weapons. "I know it's in here", Markito said to himself. He found a file cabinet and rambled through it. Through the excitement Markito's senses were off so he didn't notices a Kado sneaking up with a blade in hand. Right as the Kado was about to strike a butcher knife tore through the back of his head and out the front killing him instantly. Markito was shocked by the gruesome act.

"I guess you owe me", Loco said with a sadistic smile. "I suppose", Markito replied with a grimace. The two stared at each other with venomous eyes. The countless battles with each other still fresh on their minds and on the wounds of their bodies. "What you lookin for?" Loco asked as he closed the door to the room. Markito slowly closed the file cabinet then launched at Locol with a blade. Loco, who was used to Markito's movements ducked and dodged then tackled Markito to the wall forcing him to drop the blade. Markito kneed him several times in the gut then pounded on his back with his fist.

Loco pulled a razor out of his mouth and swung at Markito's head narrowly missing him. Markito rolled out of the way and got a little separation. "You will pay for what you did to Koji", Loco vowed. "I told you it wasn't me! Markito yelled. "Why else would we be here if the Kado's weren't responsible?" Loco laughed at Markito's words. "You think we don't know a set up when we see one?" Loco launched at Markito with kicks and punches which Markito block. Loco tried a leg sweep but Markito jumped and returned a kick of his own flooring Loco.

Finally Markito took his true Karate stance. "I know it was a set up you a*s, thats why I was up here looking for evidence." "Lies", Loco claimed. Some of his face paint had rubbed off due to all the sweating. Markito was the only one crazy enough to challenge Loco to a real battle. Loco pulled out two brass knuckles and placed them on his hands. The knuckles had spikes on them, and when Loco pounded them together a light blue electric charge could be seen emanating from them. "You remember these?" Loco said boasting. Markito smiled nervously. He closed his eyes and remembered the training he received from Akira Furutsu as a child. Many images of Akira forcing him to fight unarmed against weapons of many forms filled his mind. "Win regardless", Akira would tell him.

When Markito reopened his eyes they weren't their normal brown color instead they were a light gray shade. Loco looked in awe as a slight gray aura emanated from Markito. Markito's energy was now focused, and this is what makes him so valuable. With a vicious scream Loco charged forward. He swung with the brass knuckles but he missed, striking the wall and ripping it to shreds. "Stop moving!" Loco screamed in frustration. Markito obliged. With a growl he swung to the gut of Loco. A loud impact caused Loco's eyes to bulge out. Still Loco wasn't done yet. He smiled at Markito's attack seeing how it now left him wide open. Loco swung again with the brass knuckles but Markito easily blocked it with his left hand, then looked up to Loco with a smile. By now the blade that hid in the sleeve of Markito's jacket was now in the hand that was rammed into Loco's gut. Loco had a lost of words as the blade pierced his abdomen. Markito made a menacing face as he forced the blade up Loco's abdomen and through the chest ripping fleshed along the way. When Markito pulled back Loco collapsed on the floor and gagged a bit before dying. Markito could care less about Loco, but now he would have all the Socios on his head so he had to reveal the truth now.

"I hope that slouch Hasura remembered the plan." Youki said as he battled Kado's. Youki was strong but the one thing the Kado's had over him was stamina. The Sociopaths and Shirudos outnumbered the Kado's but as the Kado's numbers decreased they started to fight more strategic. They rallied inside the building like bees in a hive and when they did fight they fought in numbers and evasively. Even George Kurasshu's technique of throwing cinder-blocks began to fade and dwindled as he was reduced to throwing rocks, though even that began to tire him out. Akuno on the other hand knew to preserve his strength as he hid in the shadows and only attacked when he needed to. Slowly he made his way to the center building trying to get to Kado before anyone else.

Ken Yoni, Hasura, and Kaza dashed through a sea of flying cards trying to make their way to the center building. "Stop them!" A Kado yelled. Knowing their objective Souki Ito jumped into action to assist them. He pulls out his trump card, which looks like a thin metal rod at first but expands to a large metal folding fan. Souki uses the fan to block and deflect the Flying cards so Ken Yoni and others can safely move on. Souki quickly rolls out of danger once the trio safely gets out of harms way. "I hope they made it", Souki said as pain filled his face. A card was stuck in his leg and he was afraid it would be worst if he tried to remove it.

Youki looked for Souki and feared the worst. Out of the corner of his eye Youki saw a card flying his way but it was too late to move, but at the speed of light Markito pushed him out of the way. Both of them hit the ground and took cover. The remaining Kado's were hidden like snipers firing fatal shots. "Where the hell have you been?" Youki asked. Markito couldn't bring himself to talk about Loco. "It's along story", Markito replied. "Souki went down somewhere", Youki explained. "Where's Akuno?" "Hopefully dead", Markito coldly replied. "That damn Hasura better do his job, Youki said but Markito wasn't listening. Instead Markito picked up a throwing cards and examined it. It definitely wasn't like a regular paper card, it was more like a very thin sheet of metal or sharp plastic. Markito tossed one at a Kado causing him to duck. A counter attack had instantly begun.

Youki and Markito strafed back and forth throwing the cards. They had no idea how the throw the cards so the low level of velocity left very little damage but it was enough to back down the Kado's momentarily so Hasura, Ken, and Kaza could make their way into the main building. Akuno gritted his teeth at this, the last thing he needed was those three getting in his way. While a group of Sociopaths were fighting a group of Kado's Akuno quietly snuck pass them all and climbed the main building. When Hasura and the others ran into the building a storm of cards rained down at them causing the trio to duck for cover.

"D****t!" Hasura screamed. "They ripped my jacket." "We need a plan", Kaza said as the three hid behind a group of large wire wheels. The building was mostly hollowed out except the top floor where Kado himself waited. As the sound of war raged on the outside Kado the forty-four year old sipped a cup of tea as he sat on the floor of his office. Surprisingly Kado was calm, his blade still in its holster and another one sat in place on the wall. Kado was a legendary ninja who's Shiruken technique evolved into using any tossible weapons especially playing cards. To the rest of Dekab the Kado's were a gang but to Kado they were his clan, a clan that has finally ran it's course.

"Quit your hiding I know you're here", Kado said never taking his eyes of his tea. Taz came out of the shadows dressed as a Kado. "I felt your presence the second that battle started", Kado explained. Taz didn't say anything he just angrily stared. "The Socio's and the Shirudos, I never thought I'd see the day." "We have a mutual problem", Taz said stepping closer. Kado finally stood and faced Taz. "Drugs? Is that it?" Taz looked at Kado foolishly. "Drugs?!" Taz was appalled. "You killed my brother, I could care less about money." Finally Kado's poised demeanor vanished. "I did no such thing", Kado said defending himself. "Lies", Taz replied. "The police even know. You slanged all of them with your weapon of choice including my baby brother. Admit it!"

Taz pulled a sword and pointed it at Kado. Kado laughed. "It's not that hard of an technique to copy. I don't know what the Shirudos put in your head but your vengeance is misguided and poorly aimed. I would show you the way but since you decided to help slaughter my men I guess i will kill you now!" Kado slung two plastic balls at the hands off Taz and knocked the sword away. Kado aimed his hand at the sword on the wall and it flew to him. Taz watched with his mouth wide open as the old man quickly charged at him with blood thirsty eyes. A black shadow shot pass Taz and aimed for Kado. Kado stopped in his tracks as horror filled his eyes. Blood oozed out of his mouth as he dropped his sword and grabbed his gut that was stabbed up. Taz was amazed, though it was quick he saw the whole thing. The shadow pulled a blade and struck Kado's side, then once behind him the shadow struck his lower back several more times. When Kado fell to the floor he saw Akuno standing their with an accomplished smirk on his face.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" Taz asked as his arms began to get so heavy he struggled to keep them up. "I just saved your life, be a little grateful", Akuno said boastfully. Taz snarled at Akuno for interrupting. "You buffoon! You killed him before I got to hear the truth." Akuno was pleased with himself. "Whoops." Akuno said shrugging his shoulders. Taz wanted to charge Akuno but something was wrong. His arms had completely drooped to his sides. Veins bulged out of his forehead as he flexed all his muscles trying to lift his arms.

Akuno thought the sight of Taz struggling was hilarious. "Do you need a hand", Akuno joked. "What's happening?" Taz cried out. Akuno erupted with laughter.
"Those were Mahi balls he threw at you", Akuno announced. Mahi balls were small plastic balls that contained a poisonous liquid. Once the balls makes impact with the skin it immediately busts and the liquid soaks through the skin all the way into the bone, rendering that limb completely useless. However, this technique is hard to master. One must learn to grasp the ball slightly or risk poisoning themself.

"How do you stop it?" Taz cried out with tears flowing. It felt like fire was flowing through the veins in his arms. "It doesn't matter", Akuno said calmly. "You won't make it out of here alive." Taz tried his best to move his arms. He tired himself out and fell to his knees. Akuno stood over him with a blood soaked blade. "We both know the truth now don't we Taz?" Taz looked up to Akuno with hatred. "I should’ve killed you all back in the building." Akuno laughed at Taz's all too late threats. "Should've, could've, would've never worked out from anyone", Akuno gloated. Without warning he slashed Taz's throat and watched the life slowly seep out of his eyes. "Mission complete", Akuno said feeling pleased.

A rush of wind accompanied by the sound of helicopter propellers filled the air. The wind caused Akuno to cover up as a light shined through a hole in the roof. "This is the Dekab police department", a voice from a speaker announced. Akuno wasn't surprised to see them, honestly he wondered what took them so long. Akuno pulled out a small black ball and through it on the floor. The ball exploded and a thick black smoke appeared and when it vanished so did Akuno.

Hasura, Ken, and Kaza were pinned down when the helicopter arrived. "What now", Kaza said frustrated. "It's the police!" A Kado screamed. The Kado's ran for safety forgetting the battle they've been fighting so hard. When both Ken and Kaza looked back at Hasura he was gone, and now the two were all alone. "That son of a b***h!" Ken Yoni screamed. Kaza wasn't surprised. "Doesn't surprise me", Kaza said tossing his blades, causing Ken to do the same. "A snake is a snake." The duo quickly ran out of the building pushing Kado's and Sociopaths who were still fighting out of the way.

Exhausted George Kurasshu was down on one knee. He watched as the helicopter approached from the hill he was on top of. "D****t", George said as he huffed and puffed. "I'm getting too old for this." from a far George could see a trail of Dekab city S.W.A.T team trucks roaring towards the old plant. "You're on your own", George said to his comrades as he dashed off to safety. By now Youki and Markito had found Souki Ito. "We have to go", Markito said as the lights from the helicopter shined down on them. "Leave me", Souki said as he grimaced in pain. His leg had lost a lot of blood, and Souki was sure the card had hit an artery.

"Get out of here", Youki told Markito. "We'll just slow you down." "Nonsense," Markito claimed. Markito looked around for another solution. An idea came into his head as he told Youki and Souki to take cover. Markito pulled a blade and threw it at the helicopter. A loud ping got the pilot's attention just like Markito wanted. "Markito you fool", Youki said as Markito ran and the helicopter chased after him. "He's a fool alright, but he's a genius as well", Souki said with a smile. Youki used the remainder of his power to pick up Souki and run while the helicopter was distracted.

Markito ran for his life as the helicopter began firing shots at him killing Kado's and Sociopaths who still fought despite the police invading. As he ran Markito pulled a grenade from his jacket. He pulled the pin and jumped into the river behind the plant with the grenade still in hand. The Helicopter fired shots rapidly into the water trying to kill Markito. A loud explosion rumbled from the water causing the helicopter to sway a little and back away. "He's dead", the pilot announced. "There's no way he survived that." The S.W.A.T team quickly swarmed the place and ingauged the gang members that remained which were mostly Sociopaths and injured Kado's. Most of the Shirudo's that were left are either badly hurt or dead.

In the dining room of the Shirudo mansion Neo and his four Captains sat around the table and waited for the results of the vicious assault on the Kado's. All of them were quite as they sipped tea and contemplated. Akira Furutsu couldn't help but to continuously glance over at Neo. After what happened at the Sociopaths base Akira wasn't sure if Neo had what it takes to see them through this. Akira knew they would have to answer for disobeying direct orders from the Ambassadors. If Neo freezes up like he did before it might lead to everyone's demise. Akira needed to take charge but he would need the other Captains if he were to be successful. Giorgio would be too greedy to assist and Kenshi would surely follow behind him. That leaves Shin Zuki. Shin was Neo's right hand but even he didn't agree with Neo's accusations about Markito. A high ranking soldier barged into the dining room disturbing their peace.

Desu Urusai stood like a proud soldier with his chin up, chess out, feet together, and his hands behind his back. "What is it Desu?" Shin Zuki asked. "I have a field report", Desu stated. "On with it", Neo responded. Even Desu noticed the worry on Neo's face. Desu said he got word from George Kurasshu and a couple of links in the police department. Two Shirudos were dead, and six were arrested, but everyone else seemed to have escaped unharmed. The tension in the room let up a bit as a slight smile appeared on Neo's face then disappeared.

"And what about the Kado's?" Neo asked. Everyone held their breath waiting for the answer. Desu used one word to describe the Kado's. "Eliminated." Everyone jumped for joy. A small celebration shook the table as the group congratulated each other and themselves. Giorgio was the most cheery as the whole thing was his idea from the get go. "Unfortunately", Desu said ending the celebration. Tazawa didn't make it, and most of his men were arrested as well. "Was this the doing of your boy?" Neo asked Akira. Akira frowned as a vein bulged on his forehead. "If you're asking if Markito had anything to do with the death of Tazawa I'd have to ask you why is that so important now?"

Everyone looked at Akira with shock, he's never spoken to Neo in this type of tone. Neo gritted his teeth. This was the second time today Akira had crossed the boundaries. "Because that would confirm he's a disobedient prick", Neo said answering Akira. "Tazawa knew the risk of battle when he went out there", Akira explained. "If he died in battle then that's his fate." "Does it really matter?" Shin Zuki said butting in. "Didn't we just kill two birds with one stone?" "I'll say", said Giorgio throwing in his two cents. "With the Socio's and the Kado's out of the way we have a free run of the place." All the Captains agreed which angered Neo.

"That's enough", Neo demanded. His forehead tightened as sweat trickled. "The Ambassadors will want a full report and since it's my a*s on the line I decide what's good or bad." The table went silent as they mugged Neo. "This isnt a damn democracy", Neo continued. "Two gangs that are considered our rivals have been eliminated, and the police know. It isn't hard for them to connect the dots." The Captains nodded as they agreed. "Perhaps we should play it cool? Kenshi suggested. Neo agreed. Neo called to Desu who was still standing at attention. He told Desu to spread the word to all Shirudo. Lay low and in a three days an invitation only meeting will occur. This was a mistake Neo would come to regret.

Two nights later at a quiet part of the pier Agent Six stood starring into the sea. His trench coat still covered his mouth, his hat pulled low concealing his eyes. The high tide pushed against the shore as the horns of Fishermen boats and cargo ships sounded in the distance. "Your friends really went the distance the other night", Gaijin said as he crept up. Agent Six didn't turn around instead he twisted his head back as far as it would go. "Bureau is shitting itself right now", Six replied with brief chuckle. "Phase two has to start immediately." "No problem on my end", Gaijin said. "I was beginning to wonder when you'd call." Agent Six laughed at the thought of giving up when he's so close.

"The Inspectors are close to having a case against the Shirudo", Agent Six announced. "With the elimination of the Kado's and the Sociopaths the local police will definitely pull all their resources for one big blow against the Shirudos." "What about I.P.B?" Gaijin asked. "They have their own quarries with the Shirudo", Six answered. "We need to move now, my mole tells me they're having a very important meeting tomorrow, and I need you in there." Gaijin was a bit shocked. To do something as daring as crash a Shirudo party was like flying close to the sun with wax wings. It was suicide, but Gaijin liked that Idea. "I've done everything you've asked of me Six, consider this no different." Gaijin took his assignment and disappeared into the night leaving Agent Six alone to enjoy the calming sounds of water brushing up against the shore.

The next day around noon a selected few Shirudo's gathered at the mansion for a meeting. George Kurasshu and Max Ringo both stood at the entrance of the mansion sharing stories about what happened at the battle. "Boom!" Max said describing one of his attacks. "I took out at least ten Kado's with one blow." George stared at him grimly not believing a single word. "I don't know", George said with a devilish smirk. "When the police showed you were the first one ou of that place, I swear you could win first place in every Olympic race." George rashly laughed at his own joke though Max found nothing funny.

"Both of you ran like girls", Youki said as him and Markito skipped up the large steps. "Glad to see you both alive and well", George said giving them both handshakes. Markito was a bit sore but tried his best to hid it. That night when he jumped in the water and that grenade exploded he had only a few seconds to escape the blast and barely made it. "You think some stupid war can stop us?" Markito gloated with his chin up. "You heard about Taz?" George asked. The mood between the three became more serious. "I heard him and Kado killed each other in battle", Max said. "Loco's dead as well", George added. Youki wouldn't let Markito answer. Instead he pushed Markito inside the mansion and said they had somewhere to be.

"They don't need to know what you did", Youki explained. Markito snarled. "That was Loco's doing not mine." "It doesn't matter", Youki explained. "I think Akira's in on the plan." Markito had to think about it for a second until he realized. "What makes you so sure?" "Hey", Kaza said breaking up their conversation. Kaza was accompanied by an always cheery Ken Yoni. "Are you too attached by the hip?" Markito asked. "Are you two?" Ken said asking the same question. "Anyway", Kaza said interrupting. "We just came from debriefing." "How was it?" Youki asked. Both Kaza and Ken shrugged their shoulders. "They just asked what happened", Kaza said. "I know one thing I can't wait to get my hands on that greasy b*****d Hasura." "Join the list Youki said as him and Markito headed for the conference room at the top of the mansion.

On their way up the stairs Youki and Markito bumped into a man that seemed to be in a rush. "Watch it!" Youki warned. The man wore a blue jumpsuit, black boots, and a ball cap that read "Cable Repair". "Please accept my humble apology", the man politely bargained. Youki and Markito went on their way and so did the man, who was actually Gaijin in disguise. "Until next time Youki Ochikonde, and Markito Suni", Gaijin cared more about those two than he did Neo.

Youki and Markito arrived to a tense conference room, but they expected nothing less. "Are you having problems with the cable?" Youki asked but Neo wouldn't say. Instead Neo replied in a low tone, "close the door." Youki picked up on the vibes as he looked over to Markito who felt the vibes as well. Youki slowly shut the door trying to piece together a few ideas. Markito on the other hand knew exactly what he was going to say as he stared at Giorgio and Akuno who stood alone in a corner.

"The cable suddenly went out early this morning", Shin Zuki said answering Youki's question. Shin was the only one with a smile on his face. Shin sat on the edge of the large conference table and popped peanut in his mouth like nothing was wrong. Youki figured Shin had no reason to worry, after all he was Neo's right hand, and would be safe from any ridicule or punishment. Giorgio and Akuno looked like they were plotting as usual and Kenshi Sato leaned against the wall with his arms folded and eyes closed. Even Akira was oddly calm. He sat in a chair with his hands behind his head leaning back like a slouch. What Youki couldn't figure is if everyone’s so relaxed then where is all this tension coming from?

"We're waiting for one more", Neo announced. Youki finally realized where the real tension came from. Akuno and Giorgio grimly stared at Markito, and Markito returned that stare. Neo took long piercing looks at Markito as he quietly sipped his tea. Meanwhile Akira who's eyes were closed periodically peeked a look at Neo as he watched Markito. Youki had realized Markito's plan has come to life rather anyone knew it or not. People were choosing sides it was only a matter of time before the pot boiled over. Hasura busted into the room quickly slamming the door behind him. "What's the meaning of this?" Neo snarled. Hasura tried to answer but he was short of breath. "Those damn kids", Hasura said as he gasped for air. "Using another group of rookies I see", Shin said as a brief laughter filled the room. "I call it an initiation", Hasura proudly said admitting his pettiness.

Neo was in no mood for horse play. "Can we begin now?" He asked meanly. Neo stood and paced the floor. Everyone knew they had won the war so what was this worry about? "First off, congratulations", Neo said surprising everyone. Neo slightly smiled even as he eyeballed Markito. "The mission was a success." "Despite", Giorgio said intervening. He looked to Markito with a terrible frown. Akira quit his slouching and stood. Menacingly he faced Giorgio. "What are you trying to say Giorgio Heikin?" Giorgio was surprised Akira had the audacity to step to him. Giorgio started to step forward but Markito blocked his path. "You got something you want to say to me?" Giorgio threw his hands up and backed away. "Just the obvious", Giorgio replied. "Taz is dead and so is your rival Loco. Seems it all worked in your favor Markito." "That's enough, Neo demanded. Markito backed away with a smile.

"We have bigger issues", Neo explained. "The local police will surely blame us for the erasure of two of our rivals." This was one thing everyone could agree on. "It's only a matter of time before they come at us full force", Shin said. He's right", Hasura added. "Not to mention the remaining Sociopaths blame us for Taz's death and his right hand Reji is no where to be found." "Reji is smart", Kenshi added. "He knew we'd try to finish them off by killing him so he disappeared." Neo on the other hand could care less about Reji. "Let him fly in the wind", Neo said pacing. "Outside of the police we have an even bigger problem." Everyone knew he was referring to the Ambassadors.

"We ignored an direct order", Akira said breaking his silence. Neo silently agreed. Giorgio scoffed at the thought of the Ambassadors being upset. "They should be thankful", Giorgio boastfully admitted. "We basically control every market in the city." "What's the point of controlling the market if we're all in prison?" Akira said angering Giorgio. "And what was the alternative?" Giorgio rhetorically asked. "The Socio's would've just kept coming, especially after Koji's death. Giorgio looked at Markito giving him the blame.

Markito laughed and pulled out a queen of diamonds card. Everyone looked at him puzzled. "You know", Markito started as he placed the card between his index and middle finger. "This technique is very useful, don't you think Akuno?" Up to now Akuno had been completely quiet only visually reacting to everyone's conversation. "I suppose", Akuno vaguely replied. Markito swiftly tossed the card slicing a piece of Akuno's hair before finding it's way into the wall. "This technique is reached through a severe level of Shiruken training right?" This time Akuno didn't reply as a tense look filled his face and a light sweat. Everyone wondered what Markito was getting at but Youki was the first to realize.

Youki stepped up next to Markito as he continued gruelling Akuno. "If a rookie like me can throw a card that swiftly imagine what a person heavily trained in Shiruken can do." Markito's point started to resonate with everyone in the room. Akuno was well versed in Shiruken. "Do you have something you want to say?" Akuno asked stepping forward. All eyes were on Markito as his allegations were clear. Markito turned to Shin Zuki and spoke. Giorgio is a known dealer of drugs of all ranges, you've washed his drug money plenty of times. Shin responded with a head nod. Giorgio's face turned red as he screamed. "What does my financial gain have to do with anything, you snitch!" It was Youki who filled in the blanks. "The Kado's ran the opiate trade, the only market Giorgio didn't dominant." A brief awe filled the room. It didn't take a genius to fill in the last puzzle piece.

"These allegations are sickening!" Giorgio claimed. "I should have you chopped at the knees for such insolence." "Yet you didn't deny it", Akira said. Giorgio looked around and saw the anger that faced him. "This is crazy I'm the reason why we're on top now", Giorgio pleaded. It was my idea to help the Sociopaths." "To get rid of your competition", Youki reminded. "It makes since", Markito claimed. "The plan for me and Akuno was to deliver the first blow, create a distraction, then assist Hasura in finding Kado, but Akuno disappeared." Everyone looked to Hasura. Hasura blushed as he awkwardly smiled and rubbed his head. "Well don't look at me I never saw Kado or Akuno." Akuno slowly backed away like he was planning to escape.

"This is nonsense", Giorgio protested. "Kado was killed by Taz they both died in battle. Their's no more evidence to prove Akuno did something wrong than their is to prove Markito killed Loco." Giorgio was right, but at this point everyone knew the truth."That's enough", Neo calmly said drawing a frown out of Shin. To Shin nothing had been settled, he smelled a rat, something he can't tolerate. "This better be a lie Giorgio", Shin said with a serious face. For the first time Shin had disobeyed Neo's order to be quiet. "We went against the Ambassadors to follow your plan", Shin angrily said as he stood. "This better not comeback to bite us." Shin stormed out of the room and Hasura followed.

"Good riddance", Giorgio said. "That guy thinks he's you." Giorgio was trying to butter up Neo and it was working. "Shin has been different lately", Neo claimed. "I can't put my finger on it but something's off with him." "I for one thinks he wants to purposely step on your shoes", Kenshi added. It was obvious the two Captains were out of allies and had to rally around Neo for survival. "Perhaps we should adjourn this meeting and I can further assure you of my innocence and why I think Shin Zuki is in need of a reality check", Giorgio said with a smile. Markito looked to Akira for guidance but Akira was puzzled. Could Neo be so foolish and in need of reassuring that he actually believed Giorgio's lies. Neo had always been told that he was too close to Shin Zuki, and that closeness would back fire on him sooner or later and Giorgio used that to his advantage.

After the meeting Markito tracked down Akira in the backyard of the mansion. The yard was as beautiful as the rest of the mansion. Acres of green land filled with sculptured hedges and golden water fountains shaped as angels put anyone in awe once this view was bestowed upon them. Akira stood starring into the distance as the wind whistled heavy gusts that pushed and pulled his long beard. "Found you", Markito said as he stood behind Akira. "I see you sent the guards away, sensei." "Sensei?" Akira was surprised to hear that from Markito. "You haven't called me that in years", Akira said reminiscing. "You taught me everything I know, isn't that what a teacher does?"Akira turned to face Markito who cunningly smiled.

Akira looked at the man that stood before him and could barely recognize the kid he once was. Akira could easily remember the day he arrived to a horrific scene and found an eight year old boy laying in a pool of his own blood. As Markito laid helplessly Akira thought about who could commit such an heinous act. He remembered picking Markito up and holding him tight and whispering in his ear. "Everything is going to be alright." But Markito was not that child anymore. Akira couldn’t hold him any longer.

"You okay?" Markito asked as Akira distantly stared at him. "You are a savage man, Markito." Markito was surprised to hear this from Akira but to him it was a compliment. "So I've heard", Markito said with a smile. "I tried to teach you a different way", Akira said shaking his head. "I tried to stop you from being swallowed by this kind of life." "Don't be silly", Markito replied. "My life changed the day my father was killed and I was left for dead." It had always been assumed Akira raised Markito after his father's death but in reality Markito raised himself. He refused to trust a single soul including Akira. As a child Markito would run away and fend for himself in the streets. After a while Akira realized Markito preferred it this way, and would only trust Akira when it came to Martial arts. The two would bond during their training and would come to a compromise. Markito would be allowed to live his life the way he chose to, but he would have to do it as a Shirudo under the guidance of Akira. A decision Akira made in an attempt to save Markito might now get him killed.

"This is not a joke", Akira explained. "Your allegations about Giorgio are serious." "So what!" Markito snapped. "It's true, even Shin Zuki knows it." "Don't be foolish", Akira said cutting off his student. "Shin Zuki and his relationship with Neo might be at its end. What you heard Giorgio say back there had been brewing for weeks, Giorgio just used it to his advantage." "That damn Neo", Markito said as anger filled him. "How could he fall for such an act by a disloyal snake?" "It seems like you still haven't learned yet", said Akira. Markito was curious, "What do you mean by that?" A touch of wind caused Akira to survey his surroundings. He didn't want the wrong person to hear this.

"Neo is no fool", Akira claimed. "I sensed right away Neo sniffed out Giorgio's bullshit but chose to let it slide." "I don't understand", Markito admitted. "It's simple", Akira responded. "Neo knows his approval rating is down upon his Captains, and I did nothing to help it when I spoke out of turn at the meeting with the Sociopaths. Basically Neo saw Giorgio's desperation as chance to make a new ally and take back his power while he still can." Markito found the whole thing laughable. "He's clever after all", Markito said with a smile. "But he's still unfit to lead the Shirudo." Akira agreed with a head nod. "Then what the heck are we waiting for?" Markito exclaimed. "Shin is too valuable to lose but Giorgio will definitely get us both offed." Again Akira agreed with a head nod. "We only have one option and it must happen now." Akira's words surprised Markito. "A war?" Markito hoped. "Get the sadistic look out of your eye", Akira said bashing Markito like a parent. "The Ambassadors will never allow such a thing. Neo is smart but he's cowardly", Akira admitted. "If the Captains are in agreement we can over rule both of our execution, and maybe put this organization back on the right track." "Wait a second", Markito suddenly had a thought. Kenshi Sato will automatically side with Giorgio and so will all the soldiers that follow him." Markito was right but Akira was not worried. "Don't worry about Kenshi, he won't have a choice once it s three to one." Markito realized the only way this would work is if a new Captain is elected, and Markito knew exactly who that would be.

"Please no!" A man screamed. Kaza held a man at gun point as he fearfully clung to a wall in the back of a convenience store. "You should've paid up", Ken Yoni said as he snapped into a candy bar. "Okay I'll pay!" The man screamed begging for his life. "Take what's ever in the register, and we'll come back for the rest", Kaza said to Ken. Ken grabbed the cash and a few more candy bars and headed for the door. Kaza followed behind him and the two quickly dashed off.

Kaza and Ken escaped to an abandoned building not too far away and counted their earnings. "Did he really owe the Shirudo?" Ken asked as he smashed another candy bar. "No", Kaza replied as he sorted the money. "He paid the Sociopaths for protection so he might as well pay us now." Kaza was a menacing person, but Ken knew their was something descent in him deep down inside. "This is nothing!" Kaza said tossing the money. "Exactly what are you after?" Ken asked. "W-what do you mean?" Kaza stumbled to asked. "You have a secret", Ken said with a keen eye. "You chase money like a hoe chases tricks, you obviously aren't doing this just for yourself." "We all have secrets", Kaza admitted. "But if I tell you this one you have to guard it with your life, I can't afford the wrong person knowing this about me." "We're bros Haven you figured that out by now", Ken explained. "Any situation your in you can count on me."

while Ken and Kaza bonded and Akira and Markito plotted, a phone call right after the meeting put Youki in route to the Dekab city Maximum security prison just outside of town. "It's urgent, come alone and tell nobody", the voice said to Youki over the phone. Since Markito had vanished this request was doable by Youk,i after all he had recognized the voice. Youki arrived to a fortress made from impenetrable steal and concrete. No ninja, warrior, or weapon of any kind could penetrate these walls. For a hundred and fifty years this prison has served as the home of many infamous thugs, warlords, Emperor's and members of all three bloodlines of the Kohn Empire, this was the most notorious prison in the land.

Just to enter inside Youki had to be strip searched and documented for any outstanding warrants. Luckily Youki had paid his debts to society long ago and was clean, at least to the naked eye. Youki was walked to a white door that mechanically opened then closed behind him and a gaurd. They walked down a hallway with doors on each side. "Right here's fine", the gaurd said coming to a stop. He unlocked a door and told Youki to step inside. Youki was surprised to see an all white room with nothing but a chair for him to sit in and a divider made from glass that split the room into two different sides. Once the door closed Youki noticed who was on the other side. It was non other than his mentor and father of Max Ringo, Ringo the butcher. Butch as every called him a legendary Shirudo assassin who's even done hits personally for Emperor Kohn himself. Butch was imprisoned many years ago after being convicted of killing sixteen members of two rival gangs who's members would later join forces to create the Sociopaths. Butch now sits on death row patiently waiting for execution or an escape plan.

"Good to see you Butch", Youki said in a bittersweet tone. It was hard to see his mentor in such a bad predicament. Butch, the once muscle bound man with short black hard and a smooth baby face was now flabby, balding and scruffy looking. "Been a long time", Butch said with a light smile. A layer of guilt laid on Youki's mind. "I'm sorry", it's just hard to see you like this", Youki said and Butch understood that. "How's my boy, still dumb as nails?" Butch was half joking and have serious. "Max is max", Youki replied with a cheap chuckle. "And your wife?" Butch asked. Youki pulled out a picture of his daughter and placed it against the glass. "We had her fours years ago next week." Butch smiled the biggest smile he's had in a long time. But the smile was short lived as the picture made Butch remember why he called Youki.

Butch's facial expression turned grim. Youki took notice. "I take it you didn't call me here to catch up?" Youki said placing his picure back in his wallet. "I could be risking my life by telling you this", Butch said in a low tone. Youki sat back in his chair as he felt Butch was about to lay something heavy on him. "Markito Suni has a price on his head", Butch announced. Youki's eyes widened with surprise. "It's Giorgio Heikin isn't it?" "He reached out to all the incarcerated members of all three bloodlines", Butch answered. Everyone knows reaching out to other bloodlines without permission is a punishable offense, so Youki knew Giorgio's back had to be against the wall to commit such an act of disobedience.

"Tell me how bad is it?" Youki asked. Butch shook his head. "The Hato and Ken wouldn’t dare put their people on that job", Butch explained. "But a couple of our guys got in touch with some freelancers who might do the job for the right price." Youki was in deep thought trying to put the pieces together. "Listen to me", Butch pleaded. "Markito Suni has crossed every one of his subordinates, he's going to get what's coming to him. You on the other hand have to think about your daughter. When the chips are down you better know what hand to play." Youki erupted in laughter that confused Butch. "D****t this is serious!" Butch exclaimed, but Youki wasn't hearing it. "Don't worry", Youki said as he stood. "I know what hand to play and what cards are dealt." Youki bowed in respect to the man that taught him so much, and then he left.

Akira Furutsu owned an old building where they used to print newspapers for the city. This is where Akira and Markito would wage countless battles between each other. Markito would often come here alone to train, and his enemies knew it. As Markito stretched and began his work out
The old rusted floor creaked and Markito turned around with surprise. "Akuno!" Markito announced. Akuno walked up like a theif with a hand full of gold. The tail of his coat slightly brushed the floor sweeping dust as he walked.

The two rivals stared deep into each other eyes. Markito's stare was empty, but Akuno stared with intent and a smile like he had a secret. "Why are you here?" Markito asked. He spread his legs and lowered his body for balance. Akuno took notice and removes his coat. "Judging by your body language you must have some idea of why I'm here." Akuno said stepping closer to Markito. A distant noise attracted Markito's attention as he briefly took his eyes off Akuno and looked around. The floor they were on was completely barren aside from a few hanging wires and several pillars that were spread throughout the floor.

"What are you looking for?" Akuno asked with a smile. "Obviously you aren't alone", Markito told him. Akuno proudly raised his head and admitted the truth. "I have ten men waiting in the lower levels of this building." Markito gritted his teeth and prepared for battle, but that's not all Akuno had in store. "You have embarrassed this organization for the last time Markito Suni." Akuno pulled a blade and pointed it at Markito. "On orders I'm here to assassinate you, and I promise to make it as painful as possible." A terribly angry look hit Markito's face as he sweated bullets. Akuno could tell this was the look of a cornered man who was about to meet his fate.

Out of the blue a loud cry came from a distance. The sounds of swords clacking echoed accompanied by the sound of battle cries and screams of pain. When Akuno looked back at Markito he had a smile on his face. "So you were saying?" Markito taunted Akuno who stared wide eyed at Markito. "How did you know?" "Just a hunch", Markito replied. "You have ten men but Akira sent twenty. They let you position yourselves before they attacked." Akuno couldn't help but laugh and applaud the effort. "What a clever old man", Akuno said as he clapped. "But I only brought them so no one else would interfere."

Akuno rushed Markito and the battle was on. With an open hand he clawed for Markito's neck but he evaded every blow. Markito return fire but Akuno evaded his blows even faster. Bang! A loud thud sounded as Akuno's palm landed on Markito's solar plexus sending him crashing onto the floor.

Akuno gloated with a loud cheer. "Speed and energy equals strength", Akuno said removing his shirt and several weights from off his body. Markito staggered as he got up. He always knew of Akuno's more than spectacular speed but never could he have guessed Akuno was hiding this much speed. "What's the matter", Akuno taunted. "A coup doesn't sound so good now does it?" Akuno slowly strutted towards Markito who had made it back to his feet but was still reeling from that huge blow.

"You're just a punk", Akuno barked. "But I give it to you, you figured out it was me who killed Koji." Markito frowned at Akuno's words. "You wanna know something else?" Akuno said practically Bragging. "I killed Taz and Kado." Markito's eyes widened with surprise, then they lowered as Markito let out huge smile. Akuno was taken back, "What was so funny?" He thought to himself.

Markito spit out blood then spoke. "That blow... was mightiest blow I ever felt." Akuno frowned at something he would normally take as a compliment. "The Kado's, the Sociopaths, none of that matters now." Markito's eyes turned gray and his gray aura returned, a sadistic look filled his face. "I yearn for strength, I'm hungry for power! You are just another pebble on my road to the top!" Markito roared towards Akuno like a hurricane heading for land.

Akuno knew what was coming as he covered his face just as Markito swung a hard right knocking Akuno back. Bracing with his feet buried deep into the decaying floor Akuno managed stop himself just before he fell out of an opening in the old building. "Yes I agree!" Akuno shouted with joy, eyes just as sadistic as Markito's. Akuno charged Markito and the two clashed trading blows, kicking and swinging faster and faster till their body heat battling at that speed caused friction and an explosion that backed the two away from each other.

The two exhaled heavily but smiled with the same enthusiasm. "Well well", Akuno said giving Markito his props. "You managed to get me this far." Markito felt same but said nothing. The battle downstairs was dying down and it was no secret that Markito's men had won. Akuno had no choice but to finish it now."I would love to battle you alot longer but this has to end." Akuno charged for Markito but something felt off. Instead of charging Akuno, Markito took a defensive stance, just in time.

out of the pockets of his pants Akuno began throwing Shirukens. Instead of dodging Markito covered up as most of the Shiruken either stuck into Markito's letterman or into the floor surrounding him. Markito was no fool and he covered up for a reason. The Shiruken were really explosive devices, a weapon often used by ninjas and made famous Emperor Kohn himself.

The Shirukens exploded engulfing Markito in fire and smoke. Before the smoke could clear Akuno charged forward to deliver the final blow. He swung but hit nothing. Markito had jumped up in the air and landed behind Akuno. "How?" Akuno shrieked with a horrified look as he turned around. Markito barely stood with a half smile. His pants were ripped and his letterman was completely destroyed revealing his thin battle armor.

"You durable b*****d", said Akuno who had ran out of ideas. "So is this how it ends? Stale mate." "Not quite", Markito said wiping blood from his mouth. Markito charged forward but Akuno refused to back down. "I'll kill you now!" Akuno yelled. But to his surprise his speed was no more. As he grabbed Markito's throat, Markito had already landed the finishing blow to Akuno's gut. When he looked down he saw a familiar site. Giorgio's wasp knife was stuck into Akuno's gut. Markito must've taken it during their stand off earlier.

"You", is all Akuno could manage to say. Markito looked up at him with a devilish grin. With one push of a button Akuno's belly exploded knocking both of them to the ground.

On a rooftop somewhere in Dekab city Giorgio is enjoying one of his imported cigars enjoying the view. "Is it done?" Giorgio asks hearing footsteps from behind. But when he turned around he was surprised to find a battered Markito standing there. "Yes, it's done." Giorgio's cigar fell to the ground as he backed away.
"Your arrogance is gonna get you killed", Markito said. "You should keep security around at all times." Giorgio nearly pissed his pants as he reached for his wasp knife that he couldn't find. Markito laughed at his effort. "Oh that? I left it with Akuno, it doesn't work anymore."

Giorgio realized the situation he was in. "So what? You think you can lead the Shirudo? You think you can represent the bloodline? The ketto. Your just a child, a foolish one at that." Markito didn't respond, he just slowly walked forward which scared the hell out of Giorgio. "Stay back!" Giorgio screamed practically crying. Giorgio tried to high tail it off the roof but Markito caught him. "Here let me help you." Markito kicked him in his fat a*s and sent him twenty stories down to his death. The splattered body of Giorgio signaled the end of a Shirudo era.

In the basement of the Shirudo mansion a very discrete meeting was about to began. "Where the hell is Giorgio and Akira?" Neo impatiently asked. Shin Zuki and Kenshi drew blanks as neither knrw anything. A basement meeting meant a very sensitive conversation was about to be had and needed complete discretion when told. The basement was the most safe as it was made more like a sound proof panic room made from steel. Only Captains were allowed down there no matter what occasion. Shin Zuki eyed both Kenshi and Neo. He heard about the rumors Giorgio had spread, and wondered was this meeting his downfall.

"There's alot we need to clear up." Neo announced seeing Shin's watchful eyes. Shin quietly nodded, still not sure of his fate. At that moment the basement door opened. They looked to the top of the stairs to find Akira Furutsu. "About time", Neo said with a slight smile. His smile faded as Youki appeared right behind Akira. Shin and Kenshi looked dumbfounded. Neo was down right appalled. "How dare you show up here?" "You know the rules Youki, what's the meaning of this?" Shin asked.

"I could ask you all the same", Akira answered as him and Youki made their way down the stairs. Neo was pissed but more so curious. "Why is here Akira?" Akira cut to the chase. "An attempt was made on Markito Suni's life." A silence filled the room. Kenshi swallowed hard as he realized Giorgio was no where to be found.
"Well how is he?" Neo asked pretending to care. "Akuno is dead", Youki replied face stern and rough as stone. "He took a small group to assassinate Markito", Akira explained. "I wonder who's responsible?" Shin Zuki said looking over to Kenshi who had pushed himself into a corner as he nervously looked on.

"It wasn't my idea", Ken cried. "Sure", Akira replied. "You're too much of a p***y."
"So where's Giorgio?" Neo asked knowing the answer. "It's a new day", Akira responded." Neo took offense. "How dare you!" Neo screamed. "No matter what you don't lay a hand on my Captains without my order!" "Your order is compromised", Akira admitted. "Has been for a while now. Me as the senior member of this Ketto should've spoken up along time ago."

"How dare you!" Neo said growling. His veins bulged and his face was fire red. "Don't you realize I could have you erased in seconds?" "Sure", Akira agreed. "You'll just have to explain it to the Ambassadors." Neo flew off the hedges as he laughed hysterically. "That's no problem", Neo bragged. "I'll blame all our faults on you, Markito and Youki." "And that would be a lie", Shin Zuki said surprising Neo. Neo couldn't believe the person closest to him was now on the other side. "You failed just admit it", Shin said. Neo's eyes began to shake his will began to bend. "Giorgio was allowed to roam free", Akira explained. "Akuno killed Koji. Giorgio needed the Kado's out of his way so he could have full control of the drug trade." "And how do you know this?" Neo asked. Everyone looked to Kenshi and he nodded yes.

Neo took a seat. That feeling he felt when he was being scrutinized by the Ambassadors had returned. But instead of bowing for his forgiveness he lashed out. "So what!" He screamed. "Am I next?" Shin and Youki both looked to Akira, even Kenshi had his eyes glued to him. Akira was no fool. Taking out a boss would lead to all their erasure. "No", Akira said answering Neo's question. "A new order has to be in place." "I agree", said Shin. Finally Neo's will was broken he threw his hands up and said, "fine." Neo sat down and gritted his teeth.

Everyone was surprised by Neo's lack of will power but then again that was their point. He was too weak and needed guidance. "There is one more thing", Markito announced standing at the top of the stairs. "Oh great", Neo said with his eyes. Youki examined Markito battered body and smiled. "You look like s**t", he said drawing a smile out of Markito. "Thanks I feel like s**t." "Why are you here?" Kenshi asked knowing Markito was a power hungry maniac with only one thing on his mind. "Giorgio's replacement." A gasp filled the room. "Over my dead body" Kenshi exclaimed. "That can be arranged", Markito responded. "Enough!" Akira yelled. "Though that does pose a great question", Shin Zuki pointed out.

Neo sat up in his seat and eyed Markito then Akira. "Surely not him?" "Youki", Markito said shocking everyone. "I vote for Youki. Youki's face looked dumbfounded as everyone actually considered him. Neo looked to Shin, he nodded yes, and Akira did the same. Kenshi was out numbered and knew better than to resist after all the damage he helped cause." Then it settled", Neo announced. "Youki Ochikonde I promote you to captain of the Shirudo, the shield of Emperor Kohn." "Damn, don't I get vote in all this", Youki joked. Neo's attention was grabbed by a phone called. Shin Zuki was the first to notice Neo's looked of horror. "Thank you" Neo said as he hung up mouth dry as cotton. Soon everyone noticed Neo's grim look. "The emperor", Neo said with a spaced out look. "He called a meeting of all the bloodlines."

Shock filled the room. Kenshi nearly collapsed from fear. The Imperial meeting is where all three bloodlines were to display their membership and talent to the emperor himself. Failure to impress could result to an entire rebuild of the chain of command. Markito on the other hand was excited. The next phase of his game was about to began.



















© 2019 T.Harris


Author's Note

T.Harris

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on December 23, 2017
Last Updated on January 13, 2019


Author

T.Harris
T.Harris

Detroit , MI



About
Musician/ writer/ blogger/ Youtuber/ All around creator Gaming channel: Lano Gaming Instagram: Lano_ The_ Gamer more..

Writing