Stars

Stars

A Story by lauren emily
"

This has got a LOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG way to go before it's finished. I'll get to it eventually.

"

No one really knows where we go when we die, do they? We may sit and ponder on this question our whole life until one day, we face our destiny and get taken away to some other place. And only then do we truely find the solution. And yet, we are not able to tell anyone the answer, for they must wait there turn as well.

As for me, I believe many things. I believe in these things, and yet I am not sure about any of them. I believe that when our time comes, God calls to us and takes us home. I believe that it is possible that if your soul is uncertain when it comes time for you to leave, you may just stay here and wonder the earth until you resolve your problems.

I also have come across another possibilty. Just today, as I gazed up into space and saw the tiny little lights that struggled to be seen, I wondered. I wondered about what the twinkling lights actually were.

There is so much space out there. There is so many things and places that we have yet to discover; or maybe we aren't meant to discover them at all.

And as I thought through all this, I thought of many possibilities. Could it be, that our loved ones departed are the ones shining down from up above? Could they be looking down at us, guiding us when needed, and sheading light on a situation? Could it be that the smog that now hovers above the city is like the busy world, and sometimes blocks the stars from sheading light? Could it be that sometimes the city lights shine to brightly and block out the stars completely? Or maybe you may still see a hand full of them, but they're not bright enough because of the polluted world we live in.

I thought over this and realized that this may be the case. Just think about it for a moment. What do you see when you look up in the sky?

 

© 2008 lauren emily


Author's Note

lauren emily
This is a rough draft. I am definitely going to go back and make everything better when I get the chance. Keep in mind that I'm sharing my personal feelings with you. You may or may not agree with me on something I wrote.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very well written for someone your age. You believe whatever you want to believe and don't let anyone tell you any differently. You absorb information that you feel is beneficial to you and don't pay any attention to any other belief that hurts your feelings or makes you feel less than what you are really worth, that goes for organized beliefs like religion too. I guess I just mean be who you are even if the adults around you don't like it. Keep writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


just like you i have also thought of this........im glad you put it into words and overall wrote a nice piece : )

Posted 15 Years Ago


I liked what you have so far. These are thoughts I've thought myself when I look into the stars. A very good start.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved this. Its a very good start. You did wonderful. Keep it coming! =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I want more!!! i love the philisophical ideas behind this. MORE MORE MORE!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 30, 2008

Author

lauren emily
lauren emily

Long Beach, CA



About
Why 'ello there! Thanks for stoppin' by. My name is Lauren (previously my screen name was TwilightReader) and I'm 16. I love writing, good food, fast cars, interesting people, cemeteries, photograp.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..