The endless voyage

The endless voyage

A Poem by Ryan Falzon - Tymon
"

Poem about never stopping

"
...
I shall not stop.
I shall not sleep.
Stopping!
For Nothing!
Why is not the question.
Where is an impression.
When is not needed.
What is exceeded.
Reason is Gone!
I must go on!
This is the endless voyage.
This is my flight tomorrow.
This is my road to follow.
Forever!
My pleasure!
I shall not drop.
I shall not grieve.
...

© 2010 Ryan Falzon - Tymon


Author's Note

Ryan Falzon - Tymon
This poem is about the concept of never stopping.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Comments: Good write. I like the brevity and emotion. The rhyme scheme makes the poem move (and not stop) which is good that the structure represents the message. I also like how this describes a universal emotion that people have.

Critique (Opinion): I like more conflict in my poems - complexity. Why not stop? Why is stopping bad? Your poem seems to note that continuing to go forward is sometimes irrational (reason is gone). So why cling to the irrational? Isn't there an argument for tranquility? Giving up while you’re ahead? Knowing when you are beat?... That being said, sometimes I think we do need to do so (go on despite logic), but I like a poem to tell me why. A poem that does not give voice to the opposition loses its power because it doesn't explain the importance of the message.

Take all the comments, and take only what jives of the critique but keep writing. Always keep writing! Thank you for sharing.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Winston Churchill might have liked reading this on some of the tough nights.

BB

Posted 13 Years Ago


To me this poem represents the whole essence of existence itelf. Even if we wanted to stop, we couldn't, as time eternally marches on with or without us. And through experiencing anything in life we merely are compelled to move on in search of the next experience. Rather like struggling and labouring to climb a hill, then, upon succeeding in reaching the top, we pause for a moment or so to look upon the view - then we move on to the next. Because it is the desire to experience that drives us.
I think the stark concision with which this piece is constructed allows many questions and theories to be developed from its words. There are possibly many interpretations that can be divined from it. But, whatever the interpretation may be, the poem enables us somehow to recognise it quite clearly.
A powerful and profound piece of work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


When is not needed
What is exceeded

My favourite lines. Interesting touch of words.
=)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem speaks about enthusiasm and strength. It is uplifting and it has a nice connotation. It speaks for courage and against fear and becoming a coward. That bravery is almost tangible. Your poem could also be relating to the ability to focus properly on the good things in life when overwhelmed with positive perspective and this focus can be accentuated when thinking about it. I liked it very much. So glad to read such promising lines.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... bravo!!! ... way to go!!! ... go on you must ... and go on deep ... wipe off the dust ... and take a leap ... a full rating for an inspiring write ... this is truly neat ... :) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on May 30, 2010

Author

Ryan Falzon - Tymon
Ryan Falzon - Tymon

Malta



About
You wish to know more about me? You want to see what I see? Then listen to the words I write. With them I will give you my sight. I'm a thinker in my time. Making everything rhyme. Wondering w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


rescue rescue

A Poem by Emily B


grace grace

A Poem by Emily B