Value

Value

A Story by Gem Stone

Janet was  a young 18 year old woman that was excited about her first day of college. She had everything she ever dreamed of she was going away to college had a car and most of all she had money. Her mother would send her money every week to make sure she had everything she needed. Her mother was a very popular doctor that was well respected by everyone. She worked hard to make sure her daughter had the life she didn't have coming up as a child. She made sure she gave her child everything she ever wanted and needed especially since her fathered walked out her life when she was four years old.
Janet was very materialist and valued material things very highly. Since janet was away to college she really didn't see her mom much except on holidays. Her mom would call her all the time to spend time with her but Janet would always decline that offer. one day her mother surprised her on campus and Janet was pleasantly surprised. They both gave each other a big hug and was very happy to see each other. When Janet looked down at her mothers hand and she seen her mom had came empty handed and asked her what did she bring her. Janet mother kindly replied and said nothing I came to spend time with you and Janet caught the biggest attitude and laughed after words. She told her mother that she didn't have time to spend with her and that if she didn't give her any money that she was going to go and spend time with her friends
Janet mother stood in front of her daughter with a sadness on her face, all she wanted to do was take her daughter out to dinner and spend time with her but her daughter wasn't trying to hear that, so Janets mother reached in her purse and pulled out one hundred dollars and gave it to Janet. Janet took the money kissed her mom on the cheek and told her to call her when she make it back home and walked away. Janets  mother slowly turned around and walked back to slowly to her car  after driving three hours. She sat in her car for a minute thinking of monster she had created then slowly drove off with sadness.
Three weeks later Janet was coming from class when she walked into her dorm room and seen her Uncle sitting on her with tears coming out his cheeks. Janet stood in shock and asked her uncle why was he there and why was he crying. He stood up looked Janet in her eyes and told her that her mom died last night of a illness that she was battling for three months, Janet broke down and cried and asked her uncle why didn't her mom tell her. Her uncle replied and told her that her mom tried to but she never seemed to have the time. Janet took off her expensive jacket and sat on her bed with not one memory of her and her mom  together, all she had in her heart was regret and sadness because she realized that money and material things doesn't matter when you lose someone you truly love.

THE END.......

© 2017 Gem Stone


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on September 16, 2017
Last Updated on October 15, 2017

Author

Gem Stone
Gem Stone

IL



About
I'm a up and coming writer, I love to write TV scripts Movie Scripts short films and short stories about Drama Love Thriller and horror .I'm also working on book.. I would love to have my own TV show.. more..

Writing
The Secret The Secret

A Story by Gem Stone


War Inside War Inside

A Story by Gem Stone


The Unknown The Unknown

A Screenplay by Gem Stone