War Inside

War Inside

A Story by Gem Stone
"

This Story is about a young woman that goes threw hell to get to a unexpected blessing.

"
Angel was feeling all types of emotions because of the diagnosed she has just received. She has elevated white blood cells and needs to go see a Oncologist. When Angel heard those words so many emotions went threw her body, Fear Anger Sadness and a bit of disappointment. She was so nervous because at the age of twenty she didn't want to be diagnosed with Cancer. She walked out the doctors office holding her head down not knowing what to do, her mother walking next to her with  tears coming out her eyes. Angel had so much anxiety running threw her she felt as if she was gonna pass out. She was due to see the Oncologist next following day, Angel called off work and slept the rest of the day away.
The next day Angel and her mom are on there way to see The Oncologist. Angel is nervous and wants to scream running down the street like a angry woman but she knows if she do that people will think she is crazy. Angel gets out the car feeling like she will faint in any second. She walks slowly to the door constantly catching her breath. She walks in and looks around she sees a lot of people there and to her they look normal until she sees a beautiful woman with no hair. She stares for a minute before looking away when the other lady catches her staring at her. Angel walks up to the front desk and tells the receptionist her name as she stutters. Once Angel had given the receptionist all her information before she could even sit down a nurse walks out all calls her name. 
As Angel and her mother follows the nurse Angel looks around and sees all types of needles, blood, medications and inspirational sayings she walks into the little office and sits down. The nurse takes Angels blood pressure height and weight and tells her that the doctor will be in in a second. Two minutes later a very nice and doctor with a cheerful attitude walks in he introduces himself and sits down. He looks at Angel and tells her that her white blood cells was a concern to him so he wants to test her for Cancer just to rule that out . Angel tell him ok as she starts to cry the doctor tells her it's nothing to cry about and whatever she has will be caught early. Angels mom rubs her back as Angel wipes her tears. The doctor tells her that a nurse will come in and draw some blood and that he wants to see her in two days she nods her head in sadness.
The doctor leaves as a nurse walks in and draws Angels blood. Angel cringes as the needles is inserted into her vein. She gets eight tubes of blood drawn and the nurse tells her she will see her in two days. Angel and her mom walks out the clinic and goes home. when Angel gets home she goes to her room  closes her door drops down to her knees and begins to pray to God. She begged and pleaded with God to let her test results come back negative, she begins to scream and holler she starts to bargain with God and telling him that she will go to church every Sunday, She will stop cursing and she will not have sex anymore until she was married. Angel gets up wipes her eyes and climbs into bed.
Angels mom wakes her up and tells her today is the big day. Angel stayed in bed for two days with out any outside contact. She hadn't eaten or taken a shower for two days, her mom was very concern that maybe depression has sat in. Angel drags herself out of bed and  heads straight to the shower. An hour later Angel and her mom are in the car on there way to the doctor. Angel begins to sweat to the point her under shirt was wet. When Angel and her mom arrived to the doctor Angel checked in and went straight to the bathroom to take her under shirt off and zipped up her hoodie, as she was folding her T- shirt The beautiful lady with no hair that Angel was staring at earlier in the week walked in the bathroom. Angel looked at her and quickly looked away. The woman walked up to Angel and told her that everything was gonna be alright rubbed her back and left. Ten minutes later Angel and her mom was in the office waiting for the doctor to walk in with the results. The doctor walks in and takes a seat, Angel is rocking back and fourth and breathing very hard the doctor looks over at Angel and asks her if she is ok. Angel shrugged her shoulders, The doctor told her that she had nothing to worry about, that they couldn't find any cancer cells and  that her pregnancy was causing her elevated white cells. Angel jumped out her seat and hugged the doctor as her mother sits there with a shocked look on her face. Angel and her mom walked out the doctors office happy with the blessing God gave them.

© 2017 Gem Stone


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on September 18, 2017
Last Updated on September 18, 2017

Author

Gem Stone
Gem Stone

IL



About
I'm a up and coming writer, I love to write TV scripts Movie Scripts short films and short stories about Drama Love Thriller and horror .I'm also working on book.. I would love to have my own TV show.. more..

Writing
The Secret The Secret

A Story by Gem Stone


The Unknown The Unknown

A Screenplay by Gem Stone


Value Value

A Story by Gem Stone