Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Underestimated

Prologue, Good Form

Everybody has a form, some good, and some bad. Good form is very important, especially for a young girl like Gwendolyn, just beginning to bloom. She has to keep her back straight even when she is tired, say the nicest things to the rudest people and dress as though she actually cared about her surroundings. She has learned essential manners, such as letting the man speak first, not to express any opinion she might have, and be a refreshingly ‘new’ generation that shames all the others. You must know the pains of wearing your hair so tightly in a bun it gives you a headache, and shoes that crush your toes, and thick layers that make you sweat. I suppose it’s these things, at least as she’s been told, that give you ‘good form.’

            She doesn’t remember these things when she was younger. Nor does she remember having to be so nice. Growing up has seemed to make her conform. But she is still too young; she is just taller and looks older. Most girls that are fourteen are still taught to be gay and innocent and heartless. Not her, she has grown rather quickly. If this is what growing up is, she thinks it terrible, squeezing the childhood out of girls by small waistbands. 



© 2012 Underestimated


Author's Note

Underestimated
I just changed this from first person perspective to third person perspective. Tell me if there's problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on May 18, 2012
Last Updated on May 18, 2012


Author

Underestimated
Underestimated

About
I'm thirteen. A very young and inexperienced writer. I love romance, adventure and supsense writing. (and maybe, just a little bit of horror) But I am so excited to see what I'll learn being here! .. more..

Writing