Revelation 6:6

Revelation 6:6

A Poem by Ed

Revelation 6:6


New King James Version

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”


Revelation 6:6

could very well be a reference to being able to ease the great tribulation and possibly affect the times at which the breaking of the seals occur. Being made the mercy on the earth for the replenishing of life and hope of repentance for the rest of civilization, but to be clear, the Book of Revelation is inevitable due to sin, and being backslidden. A theme I will further discuss in replies to this post, through examples where the Lord relented and people repented of what appears to be hardly nothing.


So, if we look at what is being said it states simply that this is a matter of famine and scarcity. What we can acknowledge is that John speaking to the Lord resurrected and an angel at the time and being shown prophetic vision about the future during the great tribulation, which included occurrences in heaven. In this case the four living creatures that were before the throne of the Lord saying "Holy, Holy, Holy" day and night.


7The first living creature was like a lion, the second like a calf, the third had a face like a man, and the fourth was like an eagle in flight. 8And each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around and within. Day and night they never stop saying:


“Holy, Holy, Holy,


is the Lord God Almighty,


who was and is and is to come!”

Revelation 3:7-8


Now, Revelation 6:5 mentions a black horse, with a black rider holding a pair of scales

demonstrating what is hanging in the balance by darkness and loss.


In the midst of the four living creatures a voice is heard stating "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three

quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.


This very much can be interpreted: that during this time, a man will have to live day by day, with no assurance of

the future, but when it says do not harm the oil and the wine, what is it saying? Is it saying that literal oil

and wine will be essential if not vital? Or is it saying something else?


If John was speaking to an angel showing him visions about the future and heaven then its very likely that there is

spiritual and parabolic context to these statements.


The oil being the anointing of God's grace upon the person being made the elect of the time of the great tribulation and the wine being the substance of a man, the worthiness of his life.


The Parable of the Ten Virgins


1“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. 6But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ 7Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9But the wise answered, saying, ‘Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.’ 10And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut. 11Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open to us.’ 12But he answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.

Matthew 25:1-13


this and many other scriptures refer to being filled with the Holy Spirit to the point of overflowing.


You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows

Psalm 23:5


Plenty of cross references.

Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.


and the parable of the wine and wineskins


The Patches and the Wineskins

(Mark 2:21�"22; Luke 5:36�"39)


16No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. For the patch will pull away from the garment, and a worse tear will result.


17Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will spill, and the wineskins will be ruined. Instead, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”


So the Lord states that both the old and new is preserved.



To the Church in Philadelphia


7“And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: ‘The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens.


8“‘I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie�"behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you. 10Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. 11I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. 12The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. 13He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

Revelation 3:7-13


There's more to discuss surrounding the meaning of Revelation 6:6 but I will leave it here for today, with a closing statement. It could be that the Lord is telling us to be delicate with the situation of today, and in the times to come.


God bless.


Jesus Christ Saves

© 2022 Ed


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on August 29, 2022
Last Updated on August 29, 2022

Author

Ed
Ed

TX



About
To ease the great tribulation Morality and integrity are not concepts of intellect nor social constructs but actual defining matters of themes and substance to which the world adheres to and are vi.. more..

Writing
Foul Play Foul Play

A Poem by Ed