The Importance of the Church of Philadelphia

The Importance of the Church of Philadelphia

A Poem by Ed

Its considered to be the church of brotherly love or agape love.  Generally, considerate people who do not make for appearances a gesture of kindness, courteousness, and genuinely compassionate people that make their efforts to retain their integrity in the knowledge and love of God.


When The Holy Bible says


Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.


He is stating that as long as there is loving, kind, genuine people, that love God, and make their effort to remain in conviction to the Lord by marginalizing sin in their lives.


I will not get into the concept of sin since we all know we have it.


Then just like in the story of Lot in Sodom and Gommorah 

shows itself that the great tribulation can be subdued and held back to a later date, by there being sincere, legitimate people who love God, and do some fairly simple things to acclimate their lives to God.  Be a half decent person.  As most of us struggle to even do that, why Paul the apostle had made a statement about not being able to even maintain The Ten Commandments, and secondly that there having been some ability to reconcile whatever law of fundamental, foundational respect in accordance with life that has been broken;

that it may be able to be atoned for and forgiven by letting go of the past and changing for the better.


Genesis 18:26


English Standard Version

And the Lord said, “If I find at Sodom fifty righteous in the city, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”


Berean Study Bible

So the Lord replied, “If I find fifty righteous ones within the city of Sodom, on their account I will spare the whole place.”


Genesis 18:32

Finally, Abraham said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak once more. Suppose ten are found there?" And He answered, "On account of the ten, I will not destroy it."

Genesis 18:32


New King James Version

“Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem; See now and know; And seek in her open places If you can find a man, If there is anyone who executes judgment, Who seeks the truth, And I will pardon her.  (Jerusalem)

Jeremiah 5:1


New King James Version

Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?”

John 7:19


English Standard Version

For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it.

James 2:10


English Standard Version

Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.

1 Peter 3:9


English Standard Version

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 5:17


King James Bible

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

1 Peter 2:1


Who is Jesus Christ, all the righteous and innocent in the world to who he was himself.


New King James Version

“And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:

Revelation 3:14


As long as there is truth within the church, by God, the Holy Spirit and the prayers of the righteous and innocent who have the character of the Lord Jesus Christ, then the day will not come, because God is willing to spare the world if there is in fact a reason that the world should be spared such a fate.


English Standard Version

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18


When we are said to have no such thing as righteousness or the ability for it, and neither are we of any worth by repentance, given some things are inherently wicked and because life is more complex than taking a few words from scripture, then we must know that The Holy Bible does state that there is good men and women. 


English Standard Version

For one will scarcely die for a righteous person, though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die.

Romans 5:7


English Standard Version

All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

Romans 3:12


Berean Study Bible

There is no one who understands, no one who seeks God.

Romans 3:11


English Standard Version

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 3:23


In the Old Testament when it makes these statements about there not being found not even one who does righteously or that no one is good.  Its in reference to the time of which those people were living in.  The nation or city they were living in.  In some cases, saying how the condition of peoples morals had fallen altogether all over the world considerably.


Isaiah 64:6


English Standard Version

We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.


Berean Study Bible

Each of us has become like something unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all wither like a leaf, and our iniquities carry us away like the wind.


King James Bible

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.


New King James Version

But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.


From now on you will be called Peter


stone, rock


Petras is a masculine given name. It is a cognate of Peter, which is derived from the Greek word "petros" meaning "stone, rock".


Petras (given name) - Wikipedia


Petros, a small stone of truth from which the church is made of

To which we belong.


The Faithful Church

7“And to the [e]angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: 8“I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, [f]and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 9Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie�"indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10Because you have kept [g]My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11[h]Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

13“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’

Revelation 3:7-13


3Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear and obey what is written in it, because the time is near.

Revelation 1:3


Micah 6:8

English Standard Version

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?


New King James Version

He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?


2 Peter 3:9-10


9The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.c


9The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.


The Day of the Lord


10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 


New King James Version

For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.


English Standard Version

For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.

Hosea 6:6


Links:

https://biblehub.com/genesis/18-26.htm

https://biblehub.com/genesis/18-32.htm

https://biblehub.com/jeremiah/5-1.htm

https://biblehub.com/john/7-19.htm

https://biblehub.com/1_peter/3-9.htm

https://biblehub.com/matthew/5-17.htm

https://biblehub.com/revelation/3-14.htm

https://biblehub.com/matthew/5-17.htm

https://biblehub.com/romans/5-7.htm

https://biblehub.com/romans/3-12.htm

https://biblehub.com/romans/3-12.htm

https://biblehub.com/romans/3-23.htm

https://biblehub.com/isaiah/64-6.htm

https://biblehub.com/revelation/1-3.htm

https://biblehub.com/micah/6-8.htm

https://biblehub.com/2_peter/3-9.htm

https://biblehub.com/2_peter/3-10.htm

https://biblehub.com/hosea/6-6.htm

https://biblehub.com/revelation/3-10.htm

https://biblehub.com/1_peter/2-1.htm

© 2022 Ed


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on September 1, 2022
Last Updated on October 7, 2022

Author

Ed
Ed

TX



About
To ease the great tribulation Morality and integrity are not concepts of intellect nor social constructs but actual defining matters of themes and substance to which the world adheres to and are vi.. more..

Writing
Foul Play Foul Play

A Poem by Ed