Prologe {Rewritten}

Prologe {Rewritten}

A Chapter by Penguin

The battle started at dusk on the edge of the Rimwood forest, before reinforcements could arrive, many Rougtok men were slaughtered by the Neafolds. Nothing could of been done.


The knife flew from my hand in an instant like a blur. Thousands of soldiers and warriors were clashing and charging one another around me. Yells and battle cries rang out. They were almost animal like in the form the men used. The smell of death would soon come. It was difficult to pinpoint the person who knocked away my weapon, but now I was on the ground looking to the red and yellow sky. My back had hit a big enough rock to bruise it. The sweat on my forehead remind me of the fear I felt.

There’s no way out now, my mind raced. I assumed the man would soon take the opportunity and my life would be gone. All that lead up to this would've been wasted in a second. But nothing came, other than the shadow of a looming figure. Stretching out an arm, it brought my body upward to my feet.

“Are you that bad? Your weapon gets knocked to the air in the first second? How'd you make it this far?” He shouted above the chaos, I could hear in his voice that it was a male. It was pretty raspy, he probably shouts a lot. Not a big surprise.

I wobbled a bit, feeling very dizzy and hurting from the pain of my now bruised back. An answer to his question or a thank you from me didn’t come, nothing could come from my horribly troubled head.

He seemed to not mind, he kept a grip on my arm. Keeping me from complete wobbles. I was out of it, as I had forgotten to look up, and when I did. It was surprising indeed. The boy - not man. Like me, a boy. That had brown blondish hair, somewhat tannish skin. The uniform of Rougtok, a dark brown short sleeved shirt with just as dark green sagging pants, as did I. But what was intriguing. Was his completely pale white eyes. He started at the ground, not knowing where to look.

“Y-you're blind?!” I stuttered, knowing it was quite rude. He smiled weakly, but it soon dropped.

“Down!” He yelled still looking to the ground, I crouched as I heard a whoosh overhead. A giant bronze sword meeting the space once occupied by my stupid brain. The boy and the bronze warrior were now locked in a sword to dagger standoff. Blind boy owning the dagger. I speedily crawled off to the side, letting the boy handle it for now. How did he know of the oncoming attack? I mean, I didn’t notice. But he’s blind.

“I’ll gut you like my last pork dinner!” The warrior laughed as he pushed harder on his end. His large upper body and belly covered in a thick layer of iron armor. The blind boy kept still, not moving. Other than the couple of inches that were made from the beirut force of the pigman. It was surprising on how he could stand off even for a second against the giant soldier. There weapons on each other, blind boy slipped from the warrior and made a leap as he probably knew a dagger would not win if it went on, even with his apparent skill. His jump was powerful enough to land on the man’s shoulders.

“Come on! Now!” He yelled to me, he had the man in a death grip around his neck. But blind boy seemed to not have the power to choke the pigman. I didn’t think I could do much without a weapon. Dashing about with my eyes, I spotted a fallen soldier with a short sword in his lifeless hands. Gulping, I raced over. Grabbing it tightly. Above my head it went, launching an attack upon the warrior.

“You brats! Emthis will have your heads! Your dead moldy heads!” He let out before continuing to try to shake off the boy on his back and hands on his neck. My arms felt weak from the words, but the blind boy would soon fall from the strength of the pigman if I didn’t do it now.

Shouting. Screaming. Yelling. Nothing was quiet, until I swung the sword with everything I had. Ripping at a part of flesh that wasn’t shielded by armor - the left side of his body. It was possible the armor had been broken in that spot or just fallen from years of battles, but it didn’t matter. Blind boy jumped off as soon as it made contact, blood stained the sword and it dripped to the ground. The warrior fell head first into the black grass covered earth. Blood draining from his mouth now too. I didn’t think of why he had fallen so easily, it really didn’t matter either. There could be many reasons.

My body was shaking, my arms quivered under the weight of the blood covered sword. I had killed. Taken a life.

“Kid? Are you okay?” Blind boy asked, he stood still. He didn’t meet my eyes, not even really looking to. His expression blink, like as though we hadn't just murdered. My eyes were beginning to water. My legs gave way as I dropped to my knees.  

What a man I am, crying on the battlefield. It started slow, then ended up as a little stream down my cheeks. I didn’t want to be here. I didn’t know why I had to. My nose started to get stuffed up and my breathing became uneven, not like it was even in the first place.   

A hand made its way to my back, I looked to it - BAM.

It went black. Silent and still in the darkness of my mind.



© 2017 Penguin


Author's Note

Penguin
I did rewrite this so to put it in the actual book format, for it is part of the book. Sorry if that makes it confusing in anyway!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on December 27, 2017
Last Updated on December 28, 2017


Author

Penguin
Penguin

About
Hello! My nickname around the gaming community is Wild, but also my username or "That one person on this website" works to! I really love writing and I hope to receive support (If I'm any good) and c.. more..

Writing
{Prologue} {Prologue}

A Chapter by Penguin


{Chapter 1} {Chapter 1}

A Chapter by Penguin


{The Woods} {The Woods}

A Book by Penguin