Chapter 1: Mornings Always Bugged Me.

Chapter 1: Mornings Always Bugged Me.

A Chapter by Justin Flume

My eyes feel heavy. I’m so tired. I can hear church bell in the distance. Everything around here seems to get me down. I get out of bed and walk downstairs. “Nobody’s home” I say to myself. I grab a coke from the fridge and go back to my room. As I walk in I suddenly realize that I don’t have anyone. No one’s around for me anymore. No friends. I look around my room for something to read. “I don’t think I’ve read this yet” I say as I take a Franz Kafka book from the shelf. It’s dusty. My phone rings as I open the book. It’s my mother. “Yeah?” I say as I pick up. “Oh good you’re up. You’ve got company in about five minutes.” She says. “Okay? And who the hell would want to hang out with a washed up writer like me?” I say bluntly. “Well, it’s one of my friend’s daughter” She sighs. “When will you get it through your skull that I don’t want a girlfriend right now?” I ask. “Well, just hang out with someone for once! And I’m sure you’ll like her. Her name is Jackie.” She says with a lot of excitement in her voice. “Fine mom, I’ll try okay? And buy some smokes and Cokes. I took the last coke from the fridge and I only have five cigs left.” I sigh. “Okay I’ll remember that. Now have a good time with Jackie okay?” she says. I hang up. I reluctantly put on a pair of pants and a t-shirt. I light a cig and open my coke. I take a sip and take a drag of my cig. The doorbell rings. I go downstairs to open the door and prepare for the worst. I open the door. I put my hand out to shake and we introduce ourselves. “Hello, I’m Aaron” I say with a heavy dose of fake enthusiasm. “Hi, I’m Jackie” she said with a smile. Her shoulder length brown hair sways a bit in the wind. I invite her inside. We go to my room. “Would you like something to drink Jackie?” I ask. She looks at me with her blue eyes. “Yes please. What’ve you got?” She asks. “Well, we’re fresh out of coke. But I think I could find some sprite or Fanta?” I say. “I like both things” she says. “Well, make yourself at home then” I say as I walk downstairs to the fridge. I walk past a mirror in the hallway and stop. I look at myself. My black hair is falling in my face. But sadly I don’t care. My face looks like something a fly would f**k. At least my clothes look good. I stare into my green eyes. “I hate you” I whisper to the picture of myself in the mirror. I start thinking about Jackie. Her brown hair, blue eyes. I swear if she’s wearing makeup I cannot see it. She’s even about my height. Not often that I meet a girl that tall. Even though her mouth is a bit crooked she’s good looking. I grab a Fanta from the fridge and walk back upstairs. I open the door as she lights a cig. She looks up “You want one?” “If you can spare one then yeah” I say as politely as possible. I put the Fanta on the table. She hands me the cig she just lit and lights one for herself. “So I noticed you read quite a lot” she says with excitement. “Yeah, these books are my only friends.” I sigh. “Well, I enjoy boys who read” she says with a smile. That sentence doesn’t make sense to me. “You’re kidding right?” I say with a look of surprise on my face. “No, I like that in a man.” She says. “I write too” I manage to stutter. “Really? Can I read some of your works then mister writer?” She smiles. I point to my door where my favorite quotes from my own writing are written. “Ooh, you’re old school huh? Black boards and stuff?”  She says with enthusiasm in her voice. Her voice gently rings through my mind. “Something like that” I reply. She looks over at me “And so it came to be that I was to die. What’s that about?” She asks. “Well, it was for an article about cancer. I wrote it in first person to make the protagonist stand out a bit more. And I killed him off at the end. That article raised about ten grand for cancer.” I said. “So you write for the newspapers?” she asked. “Nope, just that piece. The rest of my work isn’t really considered publishing material.” I sigh. “Can I read one of your pieces then?” She asks. “I’ll read one aloud.” I say. I open my torn book where most of my poetry is written. I pick one and start reading. Her eyes are gleaming with pure excitement.  I finish reading with “So put me down. Blow my brains out, so there’s no memories left behind.” I sigh heavily. I can she her eyes watering up. “That was some of the best poetry I’ve ever read. I really liked it.” She says. “So what do you want to do now?” I ask with a smile on my face. I feel truly happy for the first time in months.



© 2012 Justin Flume


Author's Note

Justin Flume
Ignore the grammar mistakes and just give me your thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A really good chapter, i like it :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


How sweet and romantic. Tis always such a joy to meet someone who appreciates a creative soul ... and more so, one who enjoys the work that comes from within such a person.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012
Tags: Poetry, Dark, Death, Depression, Depravity, A, Fallen, Hero, Ben, Howard, Everything, N, Night, Darkness, Hate, Love


Author

Justin Flume
Justin Flume

N/A , N/A, Denmark



About
N/A more..

Writing
Dust Dust

A Poem by Justin Flume