If you can't hear before you drink, you can't hear after either.

If you can't hear before you drink, you can't hear after either.

A Poem by K. Louis

the milk of cereal with a hangover dresses well with a horoscope.

for a brief moment I convince myself that the words on the paper were given by the great gods of astrology, so that my eyes might see.

because it said I would be in trying times, and I am, this was a sign.

and it said that I have love waiting for me if I am patient, and I have ribs in on slow cook.

the way the meat will fall on knees for me is a testament of truth. [Focus] on spirituality,


it says.

 


© 2013 K. Louis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tongue in cheek humor throughout....and this line "the way the meat will fall on knees for me is a testament of truth" is absolutely brilliant! Sitting at the breakfast table with a hangover, cereal, and the morning paper. Horoscopes, what do they know anyway? I enjoyed this one. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


'because it said I would be in trying times, and I am, this was a sign.'

i loved all the humour here. nothing worse than a hangover or more diverting than a horoscope that seems to hit the mark! fantastic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ah Astrology the great deception - The love of slow cooked ribs and a trying hangover. lol An amusing piece that brought a smile to my face.

Posted 10 Years Ago


K. Louis

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading...glad to bring a smile to your face :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2013
Last Updated on October 19, 2013

Author

K. Louis
K. Louis

CA



About
[A] mix of sorts more..

Writing
No rich man No rich man

A Poem by K. Louis


2 birds 2 birds

A Poem by K. Louis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..