Chronicles of Dark Paradise: In the Darkness

Chronicles of Dark Paradise: In the Darkness

A Story by Valargrim
"

Part two of the Machine Saga. A prelude to things that will come to pass. The Demon is imprisoned by time and under the ever watchful eye of the Machine.

"

The Demon in his rage twists his shackles. Begging for freedom. To break free of time’s chains. In the lonely emptiness of his cage. His warden a Machine. Cold and calculating. No words does he hear but those of long lost sorrow. The whispers in the night. The dreams that can never be. The Demon taunts him, “all that power and no one to use it for. There is no one. A loyal hound without a master. You dream. A sweet dream. I have seen it. Yes, do not deny that a machine can dream. But you want more than dreams. Don’t you? You want this!” The Demon sends a wave of energy and it courses through the Machine. Gathering and surging forth. His circuits pulse with new life. Emotions trickle over him. “What I have given you isn’t a dream but a reality. One of the many possibilities that you have sought. Yes, now breathe my Machine for you will open this cage. Let me free and I will give you what you desire most.” The cage swings open and they step into the eternal vortex. And so their battle begins…

© 2014 Valargrim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 18, 2014
Tags: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Dark Paradise

Author

Valargrim
Valargrim

MA



About
Who am I? A tough story to fit in a box. I'm not really a fan of boxes. They confine us. We are writers. Why should we be placed in boxes? We write about hopes, dreams, and aspirations. Of our own or .. more..

Writing
Opportunity Opportunity

A Story by Valargrim