Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Valerie

Chapter 1

 

In a silent forest only the wind could be heard as it passes through the leaves on the trees as the blood red moon shines down on the ground. It being the only light in this dark quiet night.

 

The same moment as a baby girl was just born under that moon with a choker with a red crystal attached to it lay around her chubby neck. Her parents noticed the crystal around her neck as they took one last look at their child before the husband picks up the semi-conscious mother of the ground and carrying her away from her child no matter how she struggled her husband kept on running away from the baby.

 

However, unknowingly to them hiding in the shadows was a 121.92 cm black fur wolf with hazel eyes who watched it all unfold in front of him.  ‘What kind of parents would leave a child behind who just came into this world?’  The wolf named Caleb thought as he also debated if he should get closer for a better look at the child or not.  He gave up  his mental debate as he started moving his paws forward toward the child while also glancing at the blood red moon which made him shudder ‘Why do I get the feeling that this red moon might not be a good sign?’

 

Caleb noticed by the scent that it was a girl and also when he saw her eyes which opened when he was next to her.  She didn't even cry at the sight of him.  So he took that chance as a way to take a closer look, but what really amazed him were her eyes that were different shades of red.  The top being the darkest going down to the lightest red and if looked closer with extra care there you could see swirls of delicate fire dancing around in her eyes.  ‘Wow, I have never seen eyes this beautiful in my life.’  He thought as he also noticed the crystal around chubby neck that was red and fire could be seen roaming inside of it.  ‘This child is really unique.’  Caleb thought as he let out a small sigh that got the attention of the baby girl, who gave Caleb a smile while stretching her little arms out to him.  He blinks at her actions before he lowering his head to her hands that unknowingly to him grabs his muzzle and moves it upward lifting him off the ground.

 

Caleb eyes widened when he no longer could feel the ground under his paws. While also looking down at her who was giggling like if doing that to him was something funny.  She put him down to the ground after a minute in which he controlled the urge to kiss the ground because if she got tired and let go of him he would have killed her with his weight. ‘She really is something, but the question is do I get more involved with her or leave her?’  Caleb thought almost like she could hear his thoughts, her smile faded away from her lips to which he quickly noticed.

 

However, Caleb did not have it in him to really leave her behind even if she was capable of lifting him off the ground doesn't change the fact that she is still a baby.  Caleb then wraps his tail around her small body and lifts her up to put her on his back.  She giggled when he lifted her up. So he could walks back to where his pack is staying.  ‘Hmm she has been silent for a while.’  Caleb thought as he walked.  Then he saw his brother, Lucky who has brown somewhat dark fur with a light brown belly or almost cream color but the tips of his paws were black.  His eyes were hazel like Caleb. 

 

“How far did you go for a walk?”  Lucky said in which to humans it would sound like growls or something instead of words.  Caleb shrugged as he walked past Lucky into the cave with Lucky walking right behind him.  The farther they went in the cave the darker it became.  Lucky noticed small glowing red eyes on Caleb’s back but before he could say anything about it they entered a circular room that was being lit by torches on the wall.  “Yay!  You came back!”  Four pups said to Caleb, who gave them a smile.

 

“What’s that on your back Caleb?”  Mani said as she turned into her human form to be able to pick up the baby.  Her silver eyes widened at the sight of the baby girl in her hands.  Mani looks at Caleb and asks, “Where did you find her?”  While putting some clothes on her as Caleb told them what happened and that they should watch over her since she has nobody else which the pack agreed.

 

“Umm was she given a name, Caleb?”  Liz asks as she takes her from Mani’s arms.  Caleb shakes his head answering, “No, but I was thinking of naming her Phoenix because of her eyes.  “What do you all think?”  The pack started to mumble to each other but agreed on the name since they could not think of a better name that would suit the baby girl.  “Why don’t we introduce ourselves to Phoenix?”  Liz said as she sat down with Phoenix on her lap facing the pack.

 

Caleb nods “Well I am Caleb the alpha of this pack.”  He smiled making Phoenix smile and stretch her arms as if trying to grab him so he walks towards her and nuzzled her face earning a giggle from her.  It amused the others at the cute scene. “I am Lucky his younger brother and beta of the pack.”  Lucky said as a light black fur wolf with bandages around her front legs said, “I still don’t even understand how you two look similar as humans but completely different as wolves.”  She then looked at Phoenix and said “By the way I am Fang one of the hunters of the pack.”  “I am Star who is also a hunter.  Me and Fang are the ones that locate the food and kill it before bring it to the pack.” said the sand color wolf with light blue star marks on his body.  “I am Rose a healer.”  Her white fur on her back and black fur on the front of her said as she walked toward Phoenix and gave her a lick on the cheek making Phoenix giggle.

 

“Laughter is always a good medicine, I am Dan the other healer.” said the bright yellow wolf with white fur on his belly.  “Peek-a-boo.” Phoenix giggles as she looks at the two identical looking wolves with one having more white fur on their face.  The two wolves spoke in unison “I am Teng and I am Leng, we are also twins plus warriors that protect the pack!”  A wolf said with black fur with some red on his fur “Don’t speak at the same time idiots” as he glared at the twins who hide behind Liz who just rolled her eyes.

 

He looks at Phoenix who just blinks making him sigh before saying, “Sorry, I am Xavier a warrior too.”  Phoenix gave him a smile which made him blush; it was hard to tell on him since his fur was black.  “Hmm if only your fur was lighter.”  Xavier turned toward the voice and growled while saying, “Thorn!  Be Silent!”  This made her smirk and look at Phoenix and say, “I am Thorn the only female warrior.”  “I am the last warrior, Smooth Criminal.” Said a white fun wolf with black fur on his sides and then tilts his fedora down.

 

Mani takes Phoenix from Liz’s lap and says, “I am Mani and Liz was the one who was holding you.  We are the caretakers of the pack and we watch over the pups and their safety.” While facing the four pups that were looking up at her.  “That is Night, Dawn, Sky and Light.”  Mani said as each pup walked forward when their name was mentioned so Phoenix knew who was who.  Caleb walked to Mani who gives Phoenix back to him.  He walked to a comfortable area and lay down before taking Phoenix from his back and putting her on his body plus wrapping his tail around her so she doesn't get cold.  The others follow in suit with the pups trying to sleep next to Phoenix too.

 

 Two years passed since Caleb found Phoenix who has gotten older.  Her hair grew longer pass her shoulders it was light red in the sun, but at night it looked darker.  Phoenix was about 3’0” tall and still had the red crystal on her neck from when they found her.  They had tried to remove it but it was useless because it wouldn't come off.  She was also a fast learner since she learned how to talk and walk.  Phoenix could also understand the wolf pack when they spoke in their wolf form from spending time with them. She learned to howl, growl, hunt and everything else a wolf could do from spending time with them.                  



© 2015 Valerie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015


Author

Valerie
Valerie

VA



Writing
Legend Legend

A Chapter by Valerie


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Valerie


The Curse The Curse

A Book by Valerie