Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Valerie

Chapter 2

 

Caleb and Phoenix were walking toward a monster village for something Caleb had to do there, on the way they hear voices that were not far away.  They kept on walking ignoring the voices but when a female voice said, “I cannot.  No matter how much I want to go with you.”  Those words made Caleb freeze on the spot.  Phoenix noticed the change in his behavior and looked toward what she guessed was the cause.  She then proceeded toward the voices.

 

In an instant Phoenix was standing right next to them and at that same moment they took their last breath.  Both of them combusted and went up in flames leaving nothing behind.  Phoenix glanced at Caleb who watched everything with wide eyes. 'Did she just felt how hurt I was from her betray and killer her and the human.'  Phoenix’s eyes started to tear up as the thought that she did something bad came rushing into her head.  Caleb didn’t miss a beat on hurrying to her while changing into his human form before embracing her.  While mumbling in her ear “It’s going to be okay.”  After a few minutes of Caleb comforting Phoenix who nodded understanding that what she did was not bad.  They then proceeded walking toward the village.  When they reached the village the creatures there were looking at Phoenix like ‘Fresh Meat’.

 

 Caleb noticed their stares so he put his arm around her shoulder.  He sees her looking up at him with wonder.  He gives her a smile and says, “So they don’t get their dirty hands on my beautiful, Phoenix.”  Phoenix smiles up at him as he leads the way through the village to a wooden cabin just outside the village.  Caleb stops walking, takes his arm from around Phoenix’s shoulder before bending down to her level “Stay here, I will be back in a few minutes, okay” with a serious look Phoenix nods happily.

 

A smile glazed her lips as he patted her head before heading inside the cabin.  Phoenix looked around the place what was mostly trees and sound from the village, but she also heard the sound of running that was slowing down by the second.  She waited still it stopped before going to take a look.  She knew that she should have stayed but curiosity got the best of her.  When she arrived where she last heard the running stop, she was surprised to see an injured wolf with black fur that has sparkling blue glitter thrown all over his body and light blue eyes which is weird for a wolf to have as an adult.

 

The wolf’s shifted his eyes from looking at his wound to looking at Phoenix who froze on the spot.  He took one clear look at Phoenix as he thought, ‘It cannot…..be……after so long, I found her’, but his deep injuries distracted him from further analysis.  Phoenix quickly went to his side and fell to her knees to inspect the wound while thinking, ‘I want to help him but how?  You can help him just remember fire is your friend.’ a voice in her head spoke.  Just then her normally cold hands started to slowly get engulfed in fire which didn't harm her.

 

  The wolf eyes widened at the sight of her hands on fire but not from fear instead it was sadness as she started healing him.  He watched while thinking, ‘Why!  Oh God why did she have to bear the curse with all the trouble it brings with it.’  Phoenix finishes healing him and looks up to meet his gaze as she asks, “How do you feel?”  He closes his eyes for a bit nodding, which Phoenix takes as a sign that he feels better.  Phoenix gives him a relief smile as she says, “I am Phoenix and you?”  The wolf spoke as he stood up, “I am Shade and thank you for helping me.”  Phoenix then notices that Shade is a foot taller than Caleb.

 

  “Phoenix!!!” Caleb yelled as he made his way toward them in his wolf form.  “Opps” Phoenix said in which Shade guessed she was in trouble.  Caleb rushed toward her to inspect her for any injuries seeing none.  He relaxed slightly before glancing at Shade and got into attack position ready attack if needed. Caleb was not even fazed that Shade was bigger than him.  They both were having a stare down with Phoenix looking between them anxiously on who will attack first.  She could not take it anymore and said, “I’m sorry!  For disobeying, but I just had to help Shade he was injured.  I don’t like seeing a wolf hurt.”  Caleb’s eyes softened as he glanced at Phoenix, “It is okay, I would have wished if you would have told me before leaving by just knocking on the door and saying you were going to check out something.  So I do not get that much scared for your safety but still would worry about you.”  Phoenix nodded and understood what she did was wrong.

 

  Caleb’s eyes shift to Shade who has no intention of harming them so he asked, “Do you want to stay by her side?”  Shade blinked tying to process the question while Caleb thought, ‘It’s all written on his face that he will be able to give his life for the sake of Phoenix.’  “Yes.”  Shade answered Caleb who nodded before they all headed back to the pack who agreed on Shade being with them for Phoenix’s sake.



© 2015 Valerie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015


Author

Valerie
Valerie

VA



Writing
Legend Legend

A Chapter by Valerie


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Valerie


The Curse The Curse

A Book by Valerie