Waking Life

Waking Life

A Poem by Valic Arcadian

From the moment I sat in these seats we set sail on an epic quest or adventure, whichever you prefer. We propelled ourselves forward, staring off into the borealis whizzing past our heads. We sing songs and told tall tails with beautiful interludes and continued watching this symphony of lights. Rain begins to hit the roof only adding to the orchestra of light, another beautiful harmonic melody.

I begin remembering the day I lost my grace, the day I fell, the day I began watching; listening. 
On this day I was adjudicated and banished. I miss my home, I miss the lights I once found comfort in. 
This place was a breathe of life and ideas.

The new realm offers an entertaining array of solemn joys. Things that make us happy, begin to make us cry.
In this realm we jump when we fall but crawl when we walk. We never stop believing, as our minds fallback on the orchestra of lights, and beautiful city streaks. Disarming our pains and insecurities. Distracting us and paralyzing us

In this world my greatest weapon has been disassembled, my mind is broken into pieces, shattered like glass and divided into slivers of abhorrent memories. But we always find gems, within these gems We wake up; even if only for a moment. Some of us learn to sustain and harness these gems. And these shattered spectrum of our lives are reforged.

The shattered visage we called our lives, hover before our eyes, becoming less cloudy with every piece restored. 
Our minds become clear and the path to thought becomes a highway.
We are stronger than we believed. With new clarity of mind these city streaks fuel our motivations instead of repressing them. So we share these gems of our restored consciousness to jostle awake, and influence the minds of our peers; In this further world of waking life

© 2018 Valic Arcadian


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on July 13, 2018
Last Updated on July 13, 2018