A Date With Mystery

A Date With Mystery

A Story by Valic Arcadian
"

Written in collaboration with Olembe George Nguebari

"

Two traveling shamans; wandering healers of the new generation. Nomadic and wandering the earth in search of new life; that of meaning strength and foundation. Visiting those in need, and offering their potions to the sick, and the needy. With these offerings they offer wisdom; wise words spoken in the English tongue.

“It is this vitality we bring to you, and offer to thee this potion for you to drink down. Feel it remedy the depth of your soul and relinquish anxiety. Quench reality and the thirst for knowledge as you can now continue your journey through life.”

Later that day, the two shaman travel deep into the forest as nightfall fell upon them. All manner of illusion was now upon them, as this forest became more vivid and surreal. Spores of luminous color bathe our faces in a light of illustrious definition. We could forever be enveloped in this tranquil luminosity.

These shamans later come out of the darkness only to find themselves in a system of tunnels, which would appear to be a cave system. Greeted by the kind monotone gestures of otherworldly creatures, we approach with open minds and open hearts. These creatures were humanoid yet had no complexion, what would appear to be color was a series of sporadic patterns constantly shifting throughout their bodies. They could illuminate upon command, an adaptation of cave life we shaman have now witnessed. They led us further into the caves. As we ventured deeper in we sighted many other worldly plant life, that which had a fresh essence; aura; structure, and life. These anomalies of nature were far too advanced and unexplainable by their mysterious form.

We soon arrived at a resting area, which was that of bunny eared leaves, a wondrous comfort. It was here, we were offered drinks a new potion perhaps unlike our own tonics. We were hesitant to drink it down, but the aura and vibe of our new surroundings were trustworthy. They spoke to us in an alien tongue, with purrs of compassion that relaxed our spirits. We mentally contemplated who’d drink first, but before any manner of debate we both swallowed it down without complaint. We fell over grabbing at our ears as the noises around us began adjusting like a radios pitch. Our breathing became crisp, and the noise became more stable yet at our command sharper.

We then began seeing visions; past present and future. What then felt like hallucinations from a great beyond, were nothing more than mental wisdom being bestowed upon us.

Now upon our new waking life we see the world for what it truly is, all the pollution we’ve been fed from this symptomatic world we lived in. The creatures that gave us this gift we can now see in true form and vibrant allure, for what they truly are, our saviors from a simpletons life, for the world now takes true shape as we transcend into the universe as otherworldly beings. They have true form which we can now see, finally now that our real eyes realize real lies.

We finally realize, the truth.

© 2016 Valic Arcadian


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on November 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 20, 2016
Tags: psychodelic, hypnotic, trance, life, evolution, transformation, change, trippy, hallucination, love, live, happiness, world, evanescent, shaman, healing, healers, nomads, symphonic