Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Max

Thirty minutes, give or take, later I was walking through the door of my very own apartment. Kicking off my shoes I ventured through until I came to my safe, warm, and cozy bedroom. Though when I walked into my room I was met with a fluffy little surprise curled up in a ball on the middle of my bed.

     “Dusty!” I squealed happily at the sight of my long-hair tan tabby cat waiting for me on the bed.

     I scampered over to my bed, and sat down on the edge right beside my kitty. I petted the soft fur on top of Dusty’s head causing her to purr loudly. Out of all my passions Dusty had to be my most valuable treasure, only because seven years ago she was a present from Godric. Save a few pictures, a necklace, and a shirt of his Dusty is one of the very few items I have to remind myself that he was real, and not some thought up fictional character.

     “What’ve you been doing all day?” I mumbled softly as I stroked gently behind her ears.

     “Meow,” was the only response I’d gotten out of Dusty as she continued to purr loudly.

     I chuckled lightly as I stroked her head once more before getting up from the bed. I took off my hoodie, and threw it carelessly into a pile of dirty cloths, leaving me in a forest green tank top and black skinny jeans. Bending down I picked up a random pair of my boxers that were just laying in the middle of the floor, and smelled them. They smelt clean, so I threw them onto them bed, and proceeded to take off my jeans. Throwing my jeans into the same pile as my hoodie I grabbed the boxers that I'd thrown onto my bed and slipped them on. Being mindful of the cat the was perched on my bed I pulled back the covers, and slipped under them before I slipped into a blissful sleep.

*  *  *

     Last night I'd gone to bed at about 7:30 pm, and this morning my cat decided to wake me up at 3:35 am. I'm not a morning person, so you could say I wasn't exactly one happy camper when a purring kitty cat decided to sit on my face, and scare me. So now it's 8:35 am, and I'm sitting on my beige couch with my eyes glued to the television.

     "This isn't gonna get anything done." I muttered as I pointed the remote at the TV and pressed the power button.

     With all of the will power I could muster I pulled myself up from the couch, and made myself go get dressed. With a pertinent scowl plastered to my face I dressed in my usual attire; tank top, hoodie, and skinny jeans.

     Yawning I unplugged my phone, which I don't even remember plugging up, and shoved it in my back pocket. I was getting ready to put my shoes, and walk out the door to go over to Josh's when I heard Dusty meow at my feet.

     "Cat food," I mused while quite literally face palming myself as I ran quickly into my kitchen to fetch my kitty her food.

     Opening the dry cat food storage container I filled the scoop that lay inside before dumping it into Dusty's bowl. Dusty, who'd just now made her way into the kitchen, broke out into a run at the sight of her, now filled, food bowl. While she munched endlessly away at her food I ran over to the fridge, grabbed a water bottle, and filled Dusty's empty water bowl as well.

     "Bye Dusty, see ya later." I said reaching a to pet her.

     Dusty released a soft food immersed meow, and I chuckled lightly. Standing now at my full height I walked over to the door, and put on my shoes. I sighed as I walked out the door, it was going to be a long day I could already feel it.

     By the time I got out the doors of my complex, and out onto the streets I was inwardly cursing myself for being so damn lazy. Again the sidewalks were overcrowded only this time much, much worse, and did I ever mention I'm claustrophobic. I sighed and plunged into the sea of people.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Max


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on November 13, 2011


Author

Max
Max

phoenix , AZ



About
I love writing as well as any form of art. I am more at home with some genre's more than others. Add me as a friend if you want. Believe it or not I am just a humble 13 year old girl. HEY, just to le.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Max


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Max


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Max