Beyond Myself

Beyond Myself

A Story by Vanessa
"

I tried to write this as the feeling came on. I could have gone into detail more, but this is fine for me, I guess.

"

         Sometimes, when a chilly breeze blows a leaf into my hair, I don’t even bother to get it out.  And something inside me is crying. There’s a beauty in some things that makes my lips quiver. There’s sadness in everything and it makes my heart hurt. When the piano and violin collide… in the most beautiful way, my eyes touch something that can’t be human. It’s not really there in front of me, rather… miles away. But I can feel it. It’s right there with me. My heart melts into the sorrow that isn’t even near. Only, it is. Can you feel it?? When the violin sings in your ear, does the feeling swallow you?? And it isn’t the music that takes me there; it’s something inside. It hurts me sometimes… most times. And I can’t get out or away.

I don’t want to.
It brings me something, piling up shreds of sorrow and feelings that are so intense my body wanes into an atmosphere that’s somewhere beyond myself. It’s inhuman sometimes. It puts me somewhere that changes… rearranges my atoms. It’s not just the poignant things. Mostly, it is. But when my eyes meet the simplest thing, sometimes, I can’t hold it back.
It’s that bloody violin again, the deep, low kind that has some sort of sorrow in it. And I see the room again; black and white. There’s a big, black piano in the center. It’s alone and thoughtful while it sits there motionless. There’s crumpled paper on the big floorboards. And a window is at a wall… doesn’t matter which because the view sends the tears regardless of where it’s coming from. Those flowers are lovely, fragrant, I’m sure. The way the sun touches them, highlighting the perfect structure, makes me tingle. Inhumanity sends me to the dull wooden floor of the antique room. The fall almost tarnishes the tears, but pain rules out pain all the time.

© 2008 Vanessa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful write. Feelings are very well expressed. A job well done. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


Aw.
Great expression of how you feel.
I love it, and I could completly feel it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2008
Last Updated on May 2, 2008

Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

About
-As an introduction . . . . every place that I go gets an even number of steps. Yet, I don't very much like symmetry. -I love the smell of wet moss when it rains. -There's this ama.. more..

Writing
You and I You and I

A Story by Vanessa