My Kitchen

My Kitchen

A Story by Vanessa

 

I’ve been sitting here for hours in damp rainwater clothes, listening to the same slow and sad words. It’s not all that inspiring, I’d say. But I still get the urge to pick up the phone and skim to the names beginning with....
 
            The skillet burns bright yellows and greens; that of peppers.
I loathe the kitchen for a few reasons; one being the contents of the fridge and the other being something unknown, but one reason doesn’t seem like enough to describe my detestation for that kitchen, for this stupid house. I don’t mind the kitchen all that much when it’s empty of all people but me. There are a few people that I don’t mind being in my kitchen, but I don’t say that I enjoy being in the area in general, and I wouldn’t say that one of the desired would ever be in my kitchen.
            The latter paragraph was a bluff, at least in one area. I do not loathe my kitchen in that in contains the pomegranate-berry juice. But if you take out the juice, I hate that kitchen more than I hate shoes. I hate shoes with a burning intensity of a million infusions of incense.   
            So, you see, I hate my kitchen, and I love my pomegranate-berry juice.
            I hate this house with every filament of my subsistence, and I wish that shoes would drop off of this metaphorically cold earth. I wish that my kitchen would plummet from the horrid place that was once something beautiful and I wish that my skillet would burn out of reality, along with the peppers that are scorching atop of it.    

© 2008 Vanessa


Author's Note

Vanessa
I'm feeling a bit vexed as I add this.... keep that in mind when reviewing(if reviewing)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kat
Ha you must like your kitchen we always party in it at 3am!!
(:
Honestly....this was a bit weird and not my favorite....
But yeah I know why you loathe the kitchen.
Maybe....

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm a huge fan of writing that I can't quite put my finger on... This is said with the best of thoughs, of course... The description and the detail are second only to the feeling that the somewhat disjointed view in to one person's life gives me. I love the imagery here, absolutely LOVE it. I can see the sights, smell the scents, and hear the sizzling and popping...fantastic. Nicely done, my friend!

Posted 15 Years Ago


odd but good.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh I see. Well I've been in your kitchen and don't mind it at all, but what I like most is the Ramen :)
and that chair by the window...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2008

Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

About
-As an introduction . . . . every place that I go gets an even number of steps. Yet, I don't very much like symmetry. -I love the smell of wet moss when it rains. -There's this ama.. more..

Writing
You and I You and I

A Story by Vanessa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..