Dust

Dust

A Story by Vanessa

 

I am in search of a certain place, and as my newfound language begins to form, I know of the place as a field. That’s what I’ve heard, at least. When my words had been found, I knew it as nothing but a form of communication; I thought it most unnecessary, for as I reside here unknowingly existing, all that matters are my being. And I needn’t any language to be. If it weren’t for simply existing, I don’t say that any one person could speak if they wanted to. And that’s another great thing about it: that it is irrevocably independent. It does not need words or anything to help it along its way. It brings everything else into existence. Humans don’t consider it so.
   From what I’ve heard in being where I am, I have picked up quite a few things. There are a minute amount of guidelines when it comes to being human. (I again stress that these are all strictly of the human intelligence.) Firstly, the things that are known and used so frequently and worldly are completely okay. No matter how or where it came to be, it is here and is for human use, even if it has a destructive outcome. Another consideration that your universal human will assume is that of the planets, the earth holds the only forms of existence, other than that of some giant, human-like figure with green skin and some sort of colossal head and eyes, which they claim resides somewhere around Mars. I should think so foolish of such thoughts.
I think that of the time I’ve spent here, I’ve learned to understand the need that humans so feel, the need to know. I respect that, and have come to understand it in ways that even I wonder about the things that I’ve learned thus far in my subsistence. There are some other ideas that the beings here take oblige in believing, ideas that make me quiver in angst, if that were possible.
   Altogether, this place has something that I have never come across in all eternity, that being all of the other living things, all of the strange feelings that one gets in traveling toward anyplace. I find that most cordial. Though I cannot see with the same profusion as the residents here, I feel with such intensity that I shall never wish to return back where I originally was sent from. I shall wish to forever lay in the… fields that this planet brings me, for I should never feel the things that I have felt on any other planet, in any other place or any space in all the matter in existence. It saddens me, however, to see what has become of this once even further beautiful land. I wish to go back to that time, to that place, where all of the beings of my time could remain, as we did so long ago, when the air was sweet and the grasses grew high, when the light of a candle could stretch for miles, and when a lamp in the day time was silly. I wish for the greatest of minds to settle their ideas, perhaps considering the future without only thinking of the greatness of leisure. I wish.
  
 
   This place is foreign to me, now. I want to go back out where I was not so long ago. I do not wish to be trapped here any longer. I am back to the horros of earth, back to the thick, brown place that I can see but a sliver of light that shines through only in the mornings. I used to float in that sunlight. Now I am beneath all, until my brethren come to blow me away with them, perhaps when a window is opened, so that I may pass along through the fields again. I used to breathe that air, sharing it with the timothy grass that rose so high that I thought of one day growing a body, just like the humans. I will go where the wind or lack-there-of shall take me, whether it is Pluto or the empyreal air of some other planet. But for now, I am just dust, on earth, waiting to be back with the trees. 

© 2008 Vanessa


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Vanessa
it's probably really hard to follow, but the end is very simple, and there is nothing behind it. it is as simple as stated. it was more for me, so don't feel an obligation to like it. Please review though, it would be nice to hear some opinions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this; I enjoy your style so much that it inspires me to write something afterwards every time.
The ideas, the language, the simple meaning behind the diction, it's amazing when it fits together as well as your work does here.
Keep writing. Please. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


All I like it very much, I'm sure only deep thinkers would be able to have a yearning this strong for some past era affairs and landscapes. I don't really care much about the other planets and the yearning to know what's out there, I simply enjoyed reading the part about the fields and the timothy grass scent early in the morning where I can actually SEE the sunrise, instead of just a sign of daybreak.

"No matter how or where it came to be, it is here and is for human use, even if it has a destructive outcome."

I love that part :)
--jillian [hehe]

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2008

Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

About
-As an introduction . . . . every place that I go gets an even number of steps. Yet, I don't very much like symmetry. -I love the smell of wet moss when it rains. -There's this ama.. more..

Writing
You and I You and I

A Story by Vanessa