Sun and Rain

Sun and Rain

A Story by Vanessa

 

Am I forever damned to breathe this sunny, southern air, browning skin like an onion that’s seen ages? Peering out of cars and windows, dirtied with smoke and periods of confusion, seeing clearly for some time is strange, for now it's by means of being trapped.
 
Am I forever like the sun, streaking clouds with heat and light that blinds the seeing with a painful glare? The light is so unfamiliar, after living in a night-time essence. Just like the crazed star above me, I’ll be a burnish in the skyline, raising temperatures around me to scorching stages. Just like the sun exceeding buildings and streetlights, I’ll watch the world subsist from a point far from interaction. Most of all I’ll watch the rain plummet from the clouds like angels on a mission of rescue.
 
Am I eternally doomed to rake the quintessence of time with thoughts of where and who, watching as the world falls through a clock of exploration, painfully desperate and perched far from contact like the sun, too dangerous to touch the delicate earth? The rain would fall below me, touching the land and the leaves, feeding all existence with a contribution of verve and vitality.
 
While I am roosting in a place that leaves me alone and unaided, I should watch the rain that replenishes life with its gift, protected and still guard to all that it touches.

© 2009 Vanessa


Author's Note

Vanessa
Perhaps observing the rain from thispoint will make me grateful, while I watch things go by and remain AWAY, like the sun's existence seems to be.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 30, 2009

Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

About
-As an introduction . . . . every place that I go gets an even number of steps. Yet, I don't very much like symmetry. -I love the smell of wet moss when it rains. -There's this ama.. more..

Writing
You and I You and I

A Story by Vanessa