Chapter Two - Letter One

Chapter Two - Letter One

A Chapter by Vasilees Sybissyl

'Hence proved.' Wilder put down his pen. He had finished both his assignments extra quickly so that he could begin reading the letters. He was almost giddy with excitement - after all, this was the beginning of his very own intriguing, mysterious, insert two to three more intriguing adjectives story. With shaking fingers, he pulled out the first letter from the bottom, dated the earliest (June Fifth, 2015) with the address, A - 44, Mosteller Street, Eschester. Wilder hadn't the faintest idea about its pronunciation.

He opened the letter and began reading.



June, 2015

Dear Adelaide,

I don't know you. And you don't know me.

Her sister didn't know her. And Wilder had thought his life was messed up.

Mom told me you ran away when I was two. Great way to show love to your 'baby sister' as you so would have liked to say, eh?

That explained it. Gemini's story was already making Wilder feel better about his own patheticness, and he was honestly not ashamed of this shallowness.

Mom told me to give you a chance, because apparently you had your own reasons of running away, but I don't really understand why. You ran away. You left me to suffer. It's all your fault. And I hate you for it. I think I have the liberty to do that.

Wilder was being really patient and not jumping to conclusions before he knew this girl's whole story, but he just couldn't help it. He had to judge her sister. Why did she leave? And why did it affect her sister?

But really, I'm only doing this to honour mom and to honour her last wish, so why don't we begin again? And a little more civilly this time? I've already written this letter three times. I don't want to waste anymore paper and single handedly destroy the environment.

An environmentalist? And what did 'last wish' mean?

I'm Gemini, your so-called baby sister. People usually call me Gem. But Mum called me Gem and you are not allowed to do so. Not yet, anyways. I'm 16. I study in Mackrell High School, Medbrook. I haven't any friends except Stella, who lives in my head.

The letter was two years old, which meant that this girl, Gemini, was 18 today. Adulthood. What a wonderful feeling it was. How wonderful Wilder had felt on his and Wren's 18th birthday till it all went downhill.

Wilder shook his head to get rid of the memories. Now was the time to focus on this Gemini, her letters, her life, and her problems.

You may not recognize the name of the town. Well, we moved here because the old town reminded Mom of you. She tried so hard to forget you - she did, really.

Memories. Like Wilder and his parents. Wren, it seemed had already got over that night, but it hadn't been as easy for Wilder. He had always tried to please his parents but his own ideals had mattered that last night he had spent there. Yet old habits died hard.

But memories got better of her. I had friends back in Witdale. And then we had to move here, thanks to you, where I'm all alone. After we moved here, Dad's business went downhill, and he and Mom got busy trying to restore it to the glory it once was, and it resulted in me, their (only) daughter, being neglected and ignored.

She was being purposely hurtful when she wrote only over there. Wilder could almost smell it all over the paper. But what intrigued him more was that blot before the 'o.' She had hesitated before she wrote it. Not an entirely hopeless girl.

Lemme give you an example. My hair curls and comes to my waist. About a month and half ago, I got it all chopped up to my chin. And surprise, surprise! They didn't even notice.

Sudden changes in appearance. A sign of depression.

And now, about a month ago, she died. My Our Our mother died.

And her mother was dead. And judging from how her handwriting wobbled, they had had a good relationship. Wilder really appreciated how she wrote 'Our' after scratching 'My.' She was a good fifteen year old.

Wanna know how? She suicided. She killed herself. Didn't you notice how I said 'last wish' in that paragraph?

Wilder had noticed.

Many people said it was God's fault. But I don't believe in His existence. If He were there, like the church says, He would never let bad things happen to us. But they do happen. And so He doesn't exist.

Yes, most people gave this reasoning for the non existence of God, but it was the same one Wilder gave too, so he didn't really mind the cliche reason.

You really shouldn't have left us. Dad was so heartbroken, he didn't even reply when I asked him if I could write to you to honour Mom.

It's my birthday today, by the way - June Fifth, 2015 - and I've just turned sixteen. Mom said you'd like to know.

So she wasn't an adult yet. Her birthday being on June 5th made her 17. She'd turn 18 in exactly 32 days.

Reply if you want, don't if you don't want to. Honestly, I don't care. I think I've already troubled you enough with this letter. Can't really ask of anything else.

Wilder didn't really understand much of this girl's story, but he hadn't really got far in his reading of these letters. His hand was dying to reach out for the next one, but he was tired after completing two psychology assignments and his job after he returned from school. He needed sleep if he had to go to school tomorrow.

Love,

Gem.



© 2017 Vasilees Sybissyl


Author's Note

Vasilees Sybissyl
Chapter two's here, baby!! Hey listen, is anyone even reading this book? No reviews, no reads I've got nothing If no one is, I might as well permanently move this book to Wattpad and Quotev, But if you are reading this, then thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Huh. Awesome.
'Gem' name is intrigues me all the way more!
What happens next?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

Heh heh. That's for me to know and you to find out!
I love the way you write, mystery and suspense.
Can't wait for the next chapter....
This is amazing, post the next.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 16, 2017
Last Updated on October 16, 2017


Author

Vasilees Sybissyl
Vasilees Sybissyl

That Little Cottage, Just 'Round the River Bend, India



About
Welcome to a piece of my soul. more..

Writing