William Never Ment for This

William Never Ment for This

A Chapter by Sigyn
"

William McCartney is trying to save the world. Instead, he makes the bigger mistake of his life.

"

Doctor William McCartney was a very busy scientist. He never had time for a wife or for children. Even at his young age, he knew he would never be interested in that sort of thing. William's greatest love was science, and always would be. So, when a new company named Knowing decided they were going to start a new project, William jumped up to the plate. It was only when he became bound in the facilities chains did he realize what he had gotten himself into. The experiments were demented. They often resulted in messy clean-ups, and quick coverups. William had launched himself into a sci-fi horror movie. 

 

And he couldn't handle it. The things the company did were evil and illegal. Feeling ashamed and depressed from the things he had done, William entered the experiment room, and stared at four test tubes that stood in front of him. He slowly lifted a lit cigarette to his lips. And then, with a grim smile on his face, he dropped the cigarette on to the floor, which was covered in a thick layer of chemicals.

 

Eighty-four people died that night, and one happened to be William McCartney. The explosion was broadcasted every newstation known to man. Knowing had been a brand new company, with the largest facility ever made. And their biggest project, in which they spent all their money, was destroyed. Knowing didn't even stand a chance. The company remains were picked apart by mere civillians. No one trusted what could be radioactive ruins that was once Knowing. Months after the explosion, four young woman visited the site, as they were dared by their boyfriends. Drunk and high, they stumbled through the ruins, laughing and giggling. When they came across four glowing test tubes, they each took one, and drank the substance inside, not knowing or caring what was inside. They assumed it was some sort of fruity cocktail.

 

All four woman instantly became pregnant. None of their boyfriends could believe it. As weeks went by, and all four friends had come to the conclusion of pregnancy, all four of the men were flabergasted. None had slept with their girlfriends, and their girlfriends claimed they had not slept with anyone else. Knowing this had to be a lie, all four boyfriends left, leaving the four girls tired, alone, and each with a child. The pregnancy was twice the speed of a normal pregnancy. After four and a half months, each girl gave birth to a giggling baby. Years passed, and all four woman got married and had other children. But none of them ever forgot the baby whose father was unknown. One by one, each moved away from the remains of Knowing, and none of the girls ever saw each other again. As time passed, it was obvious something was different about the girls' firstborn. They were special. One morning,  seventeen years after the explosion at Knowing, a newscaster annouced that the remains of an experiment tested there was found. Four, empty, glass tubes. Knowing had finally been cleared for a new science center dedicated to the eighty-four people who died in the fire. The memories of the explosion had begun to fade at that time. The topic of the company Knowing was an old story. No one gave a second thought about the test tubes that were found, or where their contents went.

 

No one except for four teenagers. Because as soon as the newscaster finished, all four fell to the ground, passed out.   



© 2011 Sigyn


Author's Note

Sigyn
Yes. Another book. I need to find one I like, and keep writing, yes? Oh well. This is short, yes, but I did it on my iPod on my way to the movie theatre. It's very very very short. No judging on my shortness...oh what the heck. Judge on it. I don't care. It was one of those spur on the moment ideas!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this! I'd love to see where it could spin from where you left it hanging.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Please finish! The contents of this story you've started is quite intriguing, and i'd love to read the rest. i think this is a promising story. You should keep on! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this! I'd really like to see more, too. It's a nice idea. Original. I'm not sure where it'll lead, which is exciting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 29, 2011
Tags: sci-fi, science, fiction, fantasy, supernatural, powers, heroes, villians


Author

Sigyn
Sigyn

Stalker...



About
I'm a little insane for you. Maybe a bit too insane. I write about supernatural beings. Whether this is vampires and werewolves, or demons and angels, believe me. The word 'normality' has no afflitati.. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Sigyn





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!