Best of Friends

Best of Friends

A Poem by Vincent Vernesk


I love and hate everything in this cold world.
Especially friends, the very ones that escalate you into a high of enjoyment are the same ones that kick you into the gravel pit.
And when you try to get up they stomp you back down and kick you while your there.

So you pull out your knife and you man up, get some bravado and you plunge that knife deep within again and again forcefully yet slowly and make them feel sorry and their eyes apologize a billion times in sincerity.
But you remember the pit.
And you deliver swift kicks right to their head.
And you stomp their face into the gravel, enjoyment and rage make love as you continue to stomp their face into the gritty stones they put you in.
And their last breath was heard sighing two minutes ago, as you continue.

Never again will you taste will you taste that gravel.
Everyone saw what you did.
Now you live in a concrete cage, 2 x 2 metres.
Was it worth it?
Not rhetorically, think about it, was it really worth it?

© 2008 Vincent Vernesk


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poem full of metaphors .... block the cage which hinder the movements expressive poem ...good job!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


how raw... was it worth it? what really is the gravel? don't we all end up face flat in it? say hi to Poland from me. i really enjoy your energy, keep writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


YES! Yes it was. Yes.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 25, 2008

Author

Vincent Vernesk
Vincent Vernesk

Poland



About
I am half English, half Polish. I write poetry. more..

Writing