Capturing the Self

Capturing the Self

A Poem by kyrie
"

A reflection on discovering one's self

"

I do not know who I am, for I do not know myself.  How does one go about finding themselves?  For I have lost myself and want to come to myself, yet I know not who myself is, or where myself can be found. 

I am not wholly self, but something more.  I am only a fraction of myself.  Glimpses of myself I can see at one time, like shattered fragments and shards of glass reflecting parts of rainbows here and there.

I am a paradox.

Unsure of one thing, I become another.  I know not who I am, but well aware am I of what I am, for I am many things.  Imbecile, immoral, awkward, shy, different, the same, black, white, latina, dark, cheery, carefree, careless, overly-serious, perfectly calm, insanely paranoid.  The list yet goes on. 

A host to a world of conflicting emotions I am, but I know not who I am.

To be more than self is to be mind and spirit.  Find one, find both, or find none and sign yourself a terrible oath. 

To live in darkness is inevitable, so we all must find ourselves in the darkness before realizing that we were made for the Light.  I have yet to find myself in the darkness, but I know I have need for the Light.  What, then, am I to do?

I believe that I am insane.  Those Society hides that the insane are truly the geniui, or geniuses, and those considered to be genius are truly insane.  The line between the two is far too fine to be determined by mere man, mere Society.  Insanity is all around us, yet rarely acknowledged because it is masked by the laws of Society.  Society, if it is sane, would say I am insane.  Yet perhaps I am the sane one here.

© 2011 kyrie


Author's Note

kyrie
Honest opinion and criticism on content and rhetoric is much appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i think this is brilliant. It hits all the personal questions that i myself have asked. Who am i? Why dont i know all of me? But you also reflect the way society views people and how people flit and change how socety can change ou rview on people on what right and whats wrong whats sane and whats not. Great right.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

kyrie
kyrie

About
Heya there :D My name is Kyrie (KEAR-ee-ay), but call me Ky. I had an account on here, but it got all messed up, and so I have this one now. I love to laugh and enjoy people. I'm a bit of an ecce.. more..

Writing
The Duel The Duel

A Poem by kyrie


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by kyrie


Feeling Lonely Feeling Lonely

A Story by kyrie