Solace of Silence

Solace of Silence

A Poem by kyrie
"

An internal journey through conflicting emotion

"

I want to ask what happened.  I want to know if this is just a phase.  I want to understand what you mean.  I want to see you again.  I want to hug you and make sure you're real.  I want to know you're okay, and alive.

 

What happened? But if I ask that, you'll be angry.  I know you will.

 

Will you explain?  What do you mean?  That would earn me more condescending talk, and I've had all of the emotional abuse I can stand for a while. 

 

So I guess the only thing left to say is I love you.  Big bunches.  But if I say that, I have to say I hate you.  You always put me through so much, and cause me so much stress.  Yes, I hate you.

 

The only question now is whether I love you more than I hate you….or if I hate you more than I love you.  Why do hate and love come so obsessively intertwined?  Why do tears and joy always come in the worst ways?

 

I can't take it anymore!

 

You're putting bullets through me!  Every time we speak, a bullet.  A rip, a hole, a wound!  Why?!  Am I just collateral damage?!  Will you ever have the mind to give a straight answer, not one that brings us so much strife and bickering and….

 

Oh, this is awful.  Awful.  Just awful.

 

I won't say anything though.  I'll pretend, because I know how much you hate it when I get frustrated.  I know how childish I will always be to you.  Maybe one day things will change.  But for now…

 

Solace is in silence.

© 2011 kyrie


Author's Note

kyrie
Honest opinion on rhetoric and content is much appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

kyrie
kyrie

About
Heya there :D My name is Kyrie (KEAR-ee-ay), but call me Ky. I had an account on here, but it got all messed up, and so I have this one now. I love to laugh and enjoy people. I'm a bit of an ecce.. more..

Writing
The Duel The Duel

A Poem by kyrie


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by kyrie


Feeling Lonely Feeling Lonely

A Story by kyrie