The Rationale of Evil

The Rationale of Evil

A Story by Victoria Kaer
"

I wrote this piece in response to the horrific event in Boston on 4/15/13 during the marathon. In the end, you can't ever explain what goes on inside the heads of those who do these things.

"

When tragedy happens, you can ask why. Rant and rave against it. Vow vengeance loudly. You can do any and all of these things.

Or none at all.

Those responsible can be caught.

Or never be known.

We can lament the things we can never change. Or vow to go out and change them.

The fact is, there is no rationale for evil. You can’t explain it away because there is no explanation for it. Those who do such things simply are not logical.

They will use whatever excuse to carry out the horrific acts they plan with precision.

Evil has no rhyme or reason. You cannot look into the heart of evil and see plainly the reason written for what was done.

There is no rationale for evil.

© 2014 Victoria Kaer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job!
I agree that they will use any excuse at all.
This is a growing trend.
Evil always finds a teeny crack in which to enter.
~~~~Claire~~~~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Victoria Kaer

10 Years Ago

Yes that it does. Thank you so much for the review.
V very elegant way to express your thought, specially in the line, "we can lament the things we can never change. Or vow to go out and changed them."

Loved it

Posted 10 Years Ago


Victoria Kaer

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much for the wonderful review.
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

You're welcome my friend

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 6, 2014
Last Updated on February 6, 2014

Author

Victoria Kaer
Victoria Kaer

Las Vegas, NV



About
Always looking for constructive criticism on my writing if you read, please leave a comment. I'd appreciate anything helpful. (Things like, "It needs editing" don't help. Please tell me what you saw t.. more..

Writing