Blood of the Brother - Summary

Blood of the Brother - Summary

A Chapter by Victoria Kaer

Rachel had run at a young age to escape her tyrant of a father. Mason had no use for a female, girls were useless creatures. They couldn't fight, couldn't carry on the family name. Since Rachel's mother had died birthing her, Mason had no need for Rachel. Paid her little attention, unless a crack across the face counted as attention.

Now years later he's found her and is intent on killing her. He considers Rachel an embarrassment. A woman who lives on her own, who can ride like man, wield a sword, perform magic. Mason wants to put an end to his own daughter.

He sends Radell after her to perform the task of ridding himself of Rachel. The two clash on the field of battle. Their swords almost evenly matched, but Radell is the stronger of the two, as Mason intended it to be. 

Rachel is confused as she stares in sh
ock at Radell. It is impossible for him to exist, yet he stands before her, nearly identical to her. Her mother died the night she was born. Yet Radell laughs in delight as he claims he is her brother, just before he puts her lights out with the hilt of his sword and hauls her off to face her father. 


© 2014 Victoria Kaer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on March 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014


Author

Victoria Kaer
Victoria Kaer

Las Vegas, NV



About
Always looking for constructive criticism on my writing if you read, please leave a comment. I'd appreciate anything helpful. (Things like, "It needs editing" don't help. Please tell me what you saw t.. more..

Writing