"Phoe"- Chapter two: Unknown Blood Type

"Phoe"- Chapter two: Unknown Blood Type

A Chapter by Savior knowmore

"Hey, wake up, Phoe. We're here, outside the hosital," I heard Jason say, feeling his hand on my shoulder, gently shaking me. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. 

"Already...? It was so quick," I yawned softly and unbuckled, looking at Jason. "What time is it?"

"Late. You're lucky the hospital is even open. Come on, I'll walk you in." With that, Jason got out his door. 

Opening my door and jumping out to the ground, I took in the hospital. A small building, only a few stories tall, sprawling backwards and to the sides. I was certain this was a small hospital, not quite small enough to be a clinic, but not the biggest medical building. It was red brick, with large parking lots. The Big Rig was pulled into a huge lot, scattered with other similar big trucks. Across the street, small houses and shops with little fenced yards lined up, side by side. 

Jason came over and grabbed my arm gently. "Come on." He led me around the side, to the front of the building. Bright lights illuminated it, and we went to the glass doors, which opened silently. We walked into the entry, and cold air blasted over us front the air conditioners from above us. He led me to the main desk. "I found this girl a few hours ago on the road, Jake. She says she doesn't remember anything, and as far as I know, all she has is the coat."

"Alright, Jason. Take her to room 298, second floor. It is an examination room. Give her a once over, find out who she is." The man behind the desk, Jake, according to Jason, said. He was a bland looking man, who seemed like he was suffering from too many late nights working.

"Thank you," we said. Jason led me down long hallways, lined with rooms full of patients, doctors, equipment. Some were empty. He took me up an elevator, then down more hallways, before turning into a room. He asked me to sit on the bed and I did. 

A few minutes later, a nurse and doctor came in. "What seems to be the problem?" the doctor asked with concern. He was an old man, with thin grey hairs and soft eyes. A thick mustache and beard covered his face. The nurse was a young, thicker woman, who had long black hair in curls around her face.

"I can't remember anything... I woke up in the middle of the road, and all I had is this coat... I think my name is Phoe, but I'm not sure... Jason found me and brought me here." I looked up at the doctor. Jason was in a chair by the window.

"Well, it's a good thing Jason was there, now wasn't it? Alright, go with Mary and she will run some tests on you. Nothing major, just blood work, check your body for any birth marks, check your dental work, all that. We'll help you find out who you are. I'm just going to talk to Jason, figure things out."

The nurse, Mary, led me out to another room and drew some blood. She closed the curtain around me and asked me to undress, so I did. I took the coat off and folded it. I saw the nurse smile. "That's a cool tattoo. I like it."

"What, I don't have a tattoo," I looked down at myself. Sure enough, a black mark had appeared on my breast, a medium sized circle with an eight pointed star inside, each point connecting to the circle. Strange symbols made a ring around the circle. "That wasn't there before. I swear."

The nurse looked at me. "Are you sure?" She looked at me and I nodded. She continued checking me, and noted that besides the strange symbol, nothing else marked me. Not a freckle or mole, or beauty mark or scar. The one on my stomach was just... Gone. The nurse gave me a gown and nightpants, then told me I was getting an X-ray done, to see if I had any medical or other work done. I layed still, letting them take pictures of my whole body. 

When we were done, they told me to go to my room, and go to sleep. Jason, I was told, had gone home after going to the police department to see if there was a missing woman matching my discription in the database. Feeling uneasy still, I went to sleep.




"I don't understand. How is that possible?" Jason asked the doctor the following morning. 

"We don't understand it either. She has the symbol on her chest engraved into her ribs, and we couldn't identify her blood type. It changed every time we looked at it, but now it just... She doesn't have a blood type. That's all there is to it. The police have put out a call to other departments, but nobody is reporting a missing woman. There was a missing child who matched, but that report was sent out a week ago. Couldn't be her. We ran her prints, and she wasn't in the system. We just don't know who she is. All I can say, is hope her memory returns. She can leave, because there is nothing physically wrong with her, and the memory loss poses no threat to herself or others. That's all we can do." The doctor looked down and left.

With a sigh, Jason turned to me, "You wouldn't happen to know where you live, do you?"

"No..."

"Oh, well. Guess it can't be helped. I'll make some calls, see if I can find somewhere."

"Jason... Why are you helping me? I could be anyone."

"Because you're in trouble, and my daddy taught me to help people in trouble," Jason suddenly clapped his hands. "That's it!"

"What's it?!"

"My father! I can ask him to watch over you. He used to bring people home all the time when I was kid, told me they were in trouble and had no place to go. I'm sure he'll help." With that, Jason dialed his cellphone and started making calls.


© 2012 Savior knowmore


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012


Author

Savior knowmore
Savior knowmore

The Estate



About
Favorite Book: The Host, by the author of Twilight Favorite Movie: Preist Favorite Band: Evanesce Favorite Song: Instituionalized, by Suicidal Tendancies Favorite Color: Crimson Favorite quotes.. more..

Writing