Prologue- 16 years ago

Prologue- 16 years ago

A Chapter by Savior knowmore

The air was cold, chilling the marrow in the man’s bones. The man stood in a red puddle that expanded as he moved, turning into a sea of blood. His sword was stained black with the blood of countless victims. His left arm swung the sword so fast his victims only saw a blur before they died.

 

            The man looked so gentle and friendly, it was hard to believe he killed so many people. His sword was slim enough to slide between joints and hard enough to cut through concrete. The end of the sword slightly swelled to form a small bulb tip. Almost unnoticeable to the human eye, a chip was missing in the center of his sword.

 

            The man killed everyone inside the village. He killed men, women and children. He killed pets, slaves and livestock. He spared nothing that breathed and could be cut by his blade. The man hummed in time with the moans and screams of the dying. He stopped as a new sound pierced the air behind him. Laughter.

 

He swung around and searched for its source. A little girl, a mere infant, laughed and played in the carnage and blood. The man reached back and swung at full force. He stopped his blade just short of her neck. She laughed and touched the cold metal.

 

For some reason he had looked into the child’s eyes. It is no fun to kill those without fear, the man thought. Though he would never voice it himself, he saw himself in the child’s eyes, the potential to do great things. She would do great things if she grew, though if for good or wrong, he did not know.

 

He reached down with his long fingers. The girl put her small hands into his.


            “Come with me, child,” the man said, “perhaps one day you’ll carry my title, Saishū-tekina ken, the Final Sword."

 



© 2012 Savior knowmore


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a good start. I enjoyed the beginning of this. It is hard to believe sometimes that nice people can be murders. I can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 10, 2012
Last Updated on May 11, 2012


Author

Savior knowmore
Savior knowmore

The Estate



About
Favorite Book: The Host, by the author of Twilight Favorite Movie: Preist Favorite Band: Evanesce Favorite Song: Instituionalized, by Suicidal Tendancies Favorite Color: Crimson Favorite quotes.. more..

Writing